What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
By “exclusive”, I think the Standard means that they were the only other merkin in court.

strider

Post Whore
By “exclusive”, I think the Standard means that they were the only other merkin in court.

St George Shire Standard ... ive lived in the area 20 years and ive never heard of it

The local paper is called the Leader

Bazal

Post Whore
How was it politically incorrect? It was a shit joke at BAs expense but hardly politically incorrect

Lingard loves to cry humour when he's called on being a miserable deathriding old f**k.

Unfortunately he's not made an actual joke since his namesake was born

Gronk

Staff member
Dylan Brown is earning the respect of the Eels playing group through a gruelling pre-season
EELS

5b80addf62c3ddb8d4d7ed1ce001e19a

Dylan Brown is pushing himself to nail down a place in first grade this season.Source: News Corp Australia
Emerging Eels halfback Dylan Brown has been touted as the next big thing out west.

The 18-year-old has gained the respect of his toughest teammates as he chases an opportunity to play NRL this season.

The release of star half Corey Norman to the Dragons has opened the door for several players to stake their claim on his spot, but Brown has taken it to the next level.

“It’s exciting to see that a young fella, 18, coming into the squad just trying to push his case and I’m sure the coaches, Brad [Arthur] and the coaches, really want to see that — and I know that he earned a lot of the boys’ respect by doing that, so that’s something you want to see. I think he’s going to have a massive year no matter where he’s playing.”

Brown is yet to play in the NRL but has been a star in the lower grades for the Eels and is signed until the end of 2020.The little-known halfback was thrown into the spotlight at the end of 2018 when he was named as a potential target for the Warriors to replace Shaun Johnson.Gutherson is also in the running to step into the halves beside halfback Mitch Moses after Norman’s departure.However, he said he would prefer to remain at fullback — which can only be a positive for Brown.“I like playing fullback, sort of roam around and do my own thing, and just gel with the other players and the halves. I can sort of play anywhere, and I just want to be playing footy “I just love competing and trying to do my part for the team.“At the moment I’m playing fullback and I’m loving it.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/f0a7452b2a8bec9409d1fe8983b3dd8d

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...re-season-training/18scqpgevq3u91ds0avrq5rqqy

Parramatta Eels prodigy Dylan Brown 'fainted' during pre-season training

Written By Troy Whittaker

Pre-season training is notoriously tough and one Parramatta Eels player has felt its full effects.

Teenage prodigy Dylan Brown exerted himself so much in fitness drills that he passed out at a camp in November.

The rookie halfback - who the Warriors attempted to poach to replace Shaun Johnson - has the chance to make his first grade debut with Corey Norman moving on to St George Illawarra.

And Brown seems to have won the approval of senior players at the club through his work ethic.

Eels co-captain Clint Gutherson revealed just how committed Brown has been.

"Dyl stepping in, now that Normy's gone he's sort of taken a bit more control ... so it's impressive," Gutherson said on The Talk in Parradise podcast.

"He pushes his body to the limit in everything he can do, and I think we could've seen that from week one when he was pushing and fainted - that's how hard he was running.

"It's exciting to see that - a young fella, 18, coming into the squad just trying to push his case, and I'm sure the coaches, Brad [Arthur] and the coaches, really want to see that.

"And I know that he earned a lot of the boys' respect by doing that, so that's something you want to see.

"I think he's going to have a massive year no matter where he's playing."

Brown was a sensation for the Eels in the Jersey Flegg under 20s last year and impressed in his step up to reserve grade with the Wentworthville Magpies in the later rounds of the season.

He is contracted to Parramatta until 2020.

Aside from Brown, incumbent pivot Jaeman Salmon, Will Smith and Gutherson are the options to partner Mitch Moses at the scrum-base.

But the versatile Gutherson - who spent time at fullback, five-eighth and centre in 2018 - has stated his desire to wear the No.1.

"I like playing fullback, [I can] sort of roam around and do my own thing and just gel with the other players and the halves.

"I can sort of play anywhere, and I just want to be playing footy.

"I just love competing and trying to do my part for the team.

"At the moment I'm playing fullback and I'm loving it."

After 'winning' the wooden spoon last year, Parramatta will be hopeful that an injection of youth can help them climb back up the ladder.

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-18_21-49-1.gif
    upload_2019-1-18_21-49-1.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 1

Eelementary

Post Whore
From my experience, 18-year olds tend to faint when you ask them to simply perform their tasks at work; the snowflakes can't handle much more than that.

So for Brown to be pushing himself that hard, at 18, is pretty commendable, imo.

I'm not surprised, though.

Gronk

Staff member
From my experience, 18-year olds tend to faint when you ask them to simply perform their tasks at work; the snowflakes can't handle much more than that.

So for Brown to be pushing himself that hard, at 18, is pretty commendable, imo.

I'm not surprised, though.

Orthostatic hypotension is a thing in some teenagers. Basically the body grows disproportionately faster than the heart. This can cause episodes of low blood pressure and they feel faint or light headed. The heart grows stronger in time and the light headedness passes. My son used to get it.

Latest posts