What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennis

Avenger

Immortal

LatK7

First Grade
Federer isn't even the greatest player of his generation so he cannot be the GOAT. There is only one. The best thing to come out of Serbia since Nikola Tesla.

Srpska Legenda!!!

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/comment-the-big-problem-with-federers-legacy/ar-BBSEF5m

A reminder that Federer is not of the same generation as Nadal and Djokovic. He's 5 & 6 years older (half a career in the old measurement!), respectively.

Edit: Such a baiting article & an atrocious breakdown of a career, which is against fields of several generations, not two players. Again peddling the argument that his competition wasn't up to par is troublesome, given that some of its members have winning records over Djokovic & Nadal.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
A reminder that Federer is not of the same generation as Nadal and Djokovic. He's 5 & 6 years older (half a career in the old measurement!), respectively.

Edit: Such a baiting article. Again peddling the argument that his competition wasn't up to par is troublesome, given that some of its members have winning records over Djokovic & Nadal.
and who has these winning records against Djoković in particular. I think it could be Roddick but it was when Novak was 19 or 20.

LatK7

First Grade
and who has these winning records against Djoković in particular. I think it could be Roddick but it was when Novak was 19 or 20.

Roddick and Karlovic over Djokovic. Davydenko over Nadal.

A good example of this strange contradiction; Gonzo belted Nadal in straights back in 2007 AO, but people knock Fed down a peg for playing a 'weak' opponent in that final. Which one is it, Nadal is a mug for losing to a weak player, or was it that a very good player was in prime form & only the GOAT could put a stop to it?

Avenger

Immortal
Roddick and Karlovic over Djokovic. Davydenko over Nadal.

A good example of this strange contradiction; Gonzo belted Nadal in straights back in 2007 AO, but people knock Fed down a peg for playing a 'weak' opponent in that final. Which one is it, Nadal is a mug for losing to a weak player, or was it that a very good player was in prime form & only the GOAT could put a stop to it?
Give me a break, man. Novak came in and has dominated when Federer and Nadal were at their peak. He has bullied them into submission, he is about to possibly have his second career grand slam if he wins the French and will eventually without any dispute be the GOAT.

The other two will forever be in his shadow. Deal with it, they have.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Federer was at his peak between 2004-2007; way before Djoker's peak.

This is common knowledge amongst tennis fans.

LatK7

First Grade
Give me a break, man. Novak came in and has dominated when Federer and Nadal were at their peak. He has bullied them into submission, he is about to possibly have his second career grand slam if he wins the French and will eventually without any dispute be the GOAT.

The other two will forever be in his shadow. Deal with it, they have.

Absolute nonsense. Federer's peak ended in 2007. Djokovic never came close to dominating him at that point.

How do you then explain in Djokovic's best year (2011) showing the form of his career to date, a 30yo Federer 4, years past his peak, ending Djokovic's 43 match win streak in 4 sets at RG? Or in his next best year in 2015, Federer beating him 3 times, including straight sets belting in Cincinnati? It took Federer turning 33 years old before Djokovic finally notched a winning record over him. A bit of a far cry from your 'dominated at his peak' claims.

Avenger

Immortal
Absolute nonsense. Federer's peak ended in 2007. Djokovic never came close to dominating him at that point.

How do you then explain in Djokovic's best year (2011) showing the form of his career to date, a 30yo Federer 4, years past his peak, ending Djokovic's 43 match win streak in 4 sets at RG? Or in his next best year in 2015, Federer beating him 3 times, including straight sets belting in Cincinnati? It took Federer turning 33 years old before Djokovic finally notched a winning record over him. A bit of a far cry from your 'dominated at his peak' claims.
Djoković has had superior competition and has 15 slams in an era with Federer and Nadal. He would have had 25 if one of them weren't there. Head to head he beats them both. He is the GOAT. Plenty of experts are eating humble pie and now realising this. Maybe you should try some.

LatK7

First Grade
and playing Hewitt, Nalbandian and Safin.

Oh yeah, Safin is another one with a winning record over Djokovic! I love how one of the most naturally gifted players to lift a racket has made his way onto your mug list. Yeesh, you sure showed us Fed fans!

On the superior competition note, who in his 2015/16 run where he racked up most of his slams was the superior competition? A 34yo old Federer and who? Nadal was losing in the opening rounds for two years, zero ATG young guns chasing him. Stan isn't even as talented as a guy like Safin and Djokovic lost to him 3 times in slams. It's just as easy to make a weak era argument for your boy. Until he's ahead in slams, YE#1, holds the records, etc etc he's candidate for GOAT, but far, far away from clear and undisputed. Be patient, he may get there.

Avenger

Immortal
Oh yeah, Safin is another one with a winning record over Djokovic! I love how one of the most naturally gifted players to lift a racket has made his way onto your mug list. Yeesh, you sure showed us Fed fans!

On the superior competition note, who in his 2015/16 run where he racked up most of his slams was the superior competition? A 34yo old Federer and who? Nadal was losing in the opening rounds for two years, zero ATG young guns chasing him. Stan isn't even as talented as a guy like Safin and Djokovic lost to him 3 times in slams. It's just as easy to make a weak era argument for your boy. Until he's ahead in slams, YE#1, holds the records, etc etc he's candidate for GOAT, but far, far away from clear and undisputed. Be patient, he may get there.
Federer played against a geriatric Pete Sampras and the Djoker’s wife is hotter than Federer’s.

Wizardman

First Grade
There are some disrespectful tennis mug fans on here. Im reading a lot of "if" statements on here....if Djokovic played in ___ era, if Fed played against ___, if Carige wasn't selected for Parra in the 1998 semi, if Melb didn't play with an illegal team in the 2009 gf etc.

Lets not deal with "if" statements, lets deal with facts. Grand slams are the best barometer of a players career. You win the most, you are fairly looked at as the best.

Djokovic has every chance to beat Fed's record but to win six extra grand slams is a lot for any tennis player by the standards that history has set. Not many players have won more than one slam, never mind six. Injuries, up and coming players, time and the luck factor can well get in the way of Novak hitting 21 grand slams.

Until that may happen, Federer is still very much the GOAT.

Tommy Smith

Referee

Yeah peak Safin was an absolute gun when he had his head screwed on and was my favourite at the time.

Hewitt was a fine player, too. Albeit punching above his weight.

It should be noted that both straight setted the great Pistol Pete with ease in b2b USO finals.

Fine, fine players.

Oh and Nalby was a supreme talent. Frustratingly mercurial but on his day a brilliant player.

So hardly the 3 players that I'd use to discredit Federer's era during his prime lol

LatK7

First Grade
Yeah peak Safin was an absolute gun when he had his head screwed on and was my favourite at the time.

It should be noted that both straight setted the great Pistol Pete with ease in b2b USO finals.

Fine, fine players.

Oh and Nalby was a supreme talent. Frustratingly mercurial but on his day a brilliant player.

So hardly the 3 players that I'd use to discredit Federer's era during his prime lol

Completely agree, and I'd suspect most people who actually watched these players and matches would agree.

Wizardman

First Grade

Fine, fine players.

Could not agree more. Some of these cockheads discrediting Fed on here would also be sucking his dick if he won tonight. Some people are such turncoats. Love a winner but call a loser hopeless.....the LU way.

Apey

Staff member
Umina panther hates fed fans but the djokovic fans were completely MIA when he was dishing up rubbish last year lol.

LatK7

First Grade
Umina panther hates fed fans but the djokovic fans were completely MIA when he was dishing up rubbish last year lol.

Better yet were his 'fans' calling for his retirement because they couldn't handle the embarrassment. There's a few golden threads on the bigger tennis boards.

Latest posts