What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Discussion

franklin2323

Immortal
It doesn’t matter how good you are(hook is shit anyway) if you’re a prick who won’t work with people you wont get an nrl head coaching job. Plus they have Moylan who hates the bloke. Griffins Rep would be absolutely shot in nrl circles IMO.

Don’t forget he rubbished a lot of work done atpanthers before he got here and also took credit for a lot of hard work other people did. That pissed a lot of people at the club off, they would’ve talked about it. Nrl ceos and boards would have taken note of that.

He’s just not good enough and he pisses people off, hence the fact no other club has gone near him.

You assume he applied though? The best unsigned coach is Toovey yet he doesn't get linked anywhere either. It seems young coaches are latest fad

betcats

Referee
You assume he applied though? The best unsigned coach is Toovey yet he doesn't get linked anywhere either. It seems young coaches are latest fad

I assume he has his manager at least making a call to feel it out. You think a RL coach from QLD wants to be an assistant Rugby union coach in NSW?

franklin2323

Immortal
I assume he has his manager at least making a call to feel it out. You think a RL coach from QLD wants to be an assistant Rugby union coach in NSW?

Look at the way Trent Barrett left Manly and his record. I'd say that is proof any coach would get an interview if they applied.

As a starting point. There is about 10x the positions in RU than in RL.

FTR I think anyone over 40 are done as a RL head coach.

betcats

Referee
Look at the way Trent Barrett left Manly and his record. I'd say that is proof any coach would get an interview if they applied.

As a starting point. There is about 10x the positions in RU than in RL.

FTR I think anyone over 40 are done as a RL head coach.

Barret quit manly, he wasn't fired for any reasons. It was messy, but everything at Manly is messy their management is a well documented basket case. I don't think its proof of anything at all Barret seems to be rated as a coach.

NRL coaches over 40 are done are they???? LOL what club has a head coach younger than 40?

franklin2323

Immortal
Barret quit manly, he wasn't fired for any reasons. It was messy, but everything at Manly is messy their management is a well documented basket case. I don't think its proof of anything at all Barret seems to be rated as a coach.

NRL coaches over 40 are done are they???? LOL what club has a head coach younger than 40?

Sharks arent a basketcase?

How many failed coaches over 40 get hired elsewhere? Stephen Kearney aside I can't think of one

betcats

Referee
Sharks arent a basketcase?

How many failed coaches over 40 get hired elsewhere? Stephen Kearney aside I can't think of one

I was referring to the messy exit of barret What’s your point about the Sharks? Because they are looking at Barrett it means hook didn’t apply? Lol righto mate.

How many current nrl coaches are there that are 40 or younger? Answer me that. I’m fairly certain there none. We had rookie coaches well over 40 last season. You have to be pushing 40 to get a start.

As for coaches being re-hired over 40 well hook is one, Neil Henry, Ricky Stuart multiple times im sure there are plenty more, shit Matt Elliot got another club to hire him after us. Barrett will get another go eventually.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
WTF?

You've got some strange views on age, but this just about takes the cake.

Yeah that was a strange one. I've only checked the ones that stick out as young and they are all in their 40s. Couple got a start in their late 30's but to say that when we have no head coaches current;y under 40 makes no sense.

Cam Ciraldo at 34 if he got the sharks job would be the youngest head coach hired in quite a while, possibly since Nathan Browns first gig? How old was Ricky when he took over the Rorts?

Edit: John Morris is 38.

franklin2323

Immortal
WTF?

You've got some strange views on age, but this just about takes the cake.

Maybe 40 was pushing it but more are closer to 40 then 50 like Hook is

Robinson was 36 when hired by the Roosters
Barrett 37
Maguire 38
Green 42
Arthur was 40

Coaches are getting younger. I don't see guys like Cartwright, Henry etc getting a look in anymore

franklin2323

Immortal
I was referring to the messy exit of barret What’s your point about the Sharks? Because they are looking at Barrett it means hook didn’t apply? Lol righto mate.

How many current nrl coaches are there that are 40 or younger? Answer me that. I’m fairly certain there none. We had rookie coaches well over 40 last season. You have to be pushing 40 to get a start.

As for coaches being re-hired over 40 well hook is one, Neil Henry, Ricky Stuart multiple times im sure there are plenty more, shit Matt Elliot got another club to hire him after us. Barrett will get another go eventually.

Robinson and Maguire won comps before 40

betcats

Referee
Robinson and Maguire won comps before 40

Both are now over 40 so I guess they are done right? Lol are you actually defending that ridiculous statement? It is factually incorrect no matter how you spin it, just leave it.

Also I’m pretty sure McGuire was 40.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
I’m answering a question, nothing I said was untrue.

I promise you he has no option of coaching in the nrl, he’s done.
I honestly don't know and cannot read the future but I wouldn't be so sure. A club is bound to come up who would like a 58% win record.

betcats

Referee
I honestly don't know and cannot read the future but I wouldn't be so sure. A club is bound to come up who would like a 58% win record.

Well we’ve had 5 or 6 clubs appoint new head coaches since he was sacked and none of them were interested. Maybe that winning percentage isn’t all it’s stacked up to be to anyonw with a clue.

TheFrog

Coach
Well we’ve had 5 or 6 clubs appoint new head coaches since he was sacked and none of them were interested. Maybe that winning percentage isn’t all it’s stacked up to be to anyonw with a clue.
And Hook put his hand up for all of them, right? Does it compute that the bloke has been through a traumatic experience and might not be in a hurry to walk up to the plate again?

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Our players are expected to just get on with it after the traumatic experience of having to play under Griffin, so he should just harden up and update that resume.