What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson

Vic Mackey

Referee
IMO Matterson is a better player than Crichton,the Rorters jumped the gun by poaching Angus giving Ryan no option but to find another club.

Totally agree. Crichton has an amazing 2017 but regressed quiet a lot this year. None of my Souths supporting mates are too concerned about losing him.

I went to Mattersons debut game in 2016. Was ANZAC Day. I told the Roosters fan I was with that I thought he looked like a rep player of the future. Big, strong, fast and with a heap of skill. Nothing has changed my mind.

Totally agree. Crichton has an amazing 2017 but regressed quiet a lot this year. None of my Souths supporting mates are too concerned about losing him.

I went to Mattersons debut game in 2016. Was ANZAC Day. I told the Roosters fan I was with that I thought he looked like a rep player of the future. Big, strong, fast and with a heap of skill. Nothing has changed my mind.

His talent must have been stored in his left middle finger.

super_coach

First Grade
If we can get a little more quality into our top 17, Matterson could easily turn about to be one of our best signings, of course nothing would bet the big Pom Gareth.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

They said the same for Keary too when he left. The reality is that behind the scenes, Crighton was treading water in the cesspool that was Souths Sydney last season. He could not wait to get out of the joint and hated being there last year. Despite their strong performances, the club has an absolute grub culture with the likes of the Burgess brothers, Sutton, Cody Walker and Inglis being massive tools who have no discipline off the field and behave like arrogant arseholes on the training paddock.

That said Matterson has got the potential to be a really great buy. The one problem I found with him was not believing in his ability. He is big and strong with reasonable pace but tended to amble into the defensive line. When he realizes how good he can be, he can be a real weapon and could be anything. With an intensive coach like Maguire, I would be surprised if he doesn't have a big season next year.

It also doesn't hurt that he played in the halves as a junior so has some nice passing and even kicking skills that he put on display from time to time. He's a good guy and no risk of him getting into off field trouble. I hope he kills it.

Last edited:
The lady in the background is doing her very best to get his attention, too. Orange, black and white bikini.
If that was a yoga pose, I reckon it'd be the "crouching Tiger"
I'll see myself out . . . .
If it was a yoga pose I reckon you’d be trying to find a way to see yourself in.