What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Generalzod

Immortal
Shit there are fans tbat basically want to remake the Last Jedi a few producers willing to add their money to help save Star Wars..

Last edited:

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Just finished watching this (the credits are literally rolling as I type!), was good fun, not sure why theres been such bad press about it.

Not that I actually know what people don't like (don't read reviews or anything spoilerific), presumably all the "girl power" which I had no problem with.

A few gratingly cheesy lines sure (mostly from the SHE-3PO character), but thats Star Wars, nothing overly stupid like the Luke sucking back fresh alien green breastmilk hah!

Liked the cameos/returns, callbacks to situations, costumes, aliens and lines from the original trilogy, and most of all, mothernerfin' Chewie. <3 Chewie 4 lyf

Glad I saw it (and still sad that Rogue One is the only SW film I didn't see at the cinema).

Reactions: PJ

bileduct

Coach
Ok so I finally got around to downloading this for free so I don't have to pay for Disney shit, and what initially struck me was how little I gave a f**k about this film.

This film was so boring I started doing something else and didn't finish it. Who knows what the f**k happened in it because I sure as f**k didn't care.

Oh look, Disney are starting to realise how badly they are f**king up this franchise.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...-slowdown-on-star-wars-films-2018-9?r=US&IR=T

beave

Coach
Ok so I finally got around to downloading this for free so I don't have to pay for Disney shit, and what initially struck me was how little I gave a f**k about this film.

This film was so boring I started doing something else and didn't finish it. Who knows what the f**k happened in it because I sure as f**k didn't care.

Oh look, Disney are starting to realise how badly they are f**king up this franchise.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...-slowdown-on-star-wars-films-2018-9?r=US&IR=T

I just showed my young fella TPM. What a f**king pile of utter shit. It has aged far worse than I thought it would.

bileduct

Coach

Alright, I have a confession to make...

I took the time tonight to properly watch this film with no distractions and I actually ended up really enjoying it. I'm not sure if it's because I went in with really low expectations or because The Last Jedi was such an insufferable pile of shit, but I liked it almost as much as Rogue One.

Disney has done a pretty good job with these one-off movies. Pity about the new trilogy.

Alright, I have a confession to make...

I took the time tonight to properly watch this film with no distractions and I actually ended up really enjoying it. I'm not sure if it's because I went in with really low expectations or because The Last Jedi was such an insufferable pile of shit, but I liked it almost as much as Rogue One.

Disney has done a pretty good job with these one-off movies. Pity about the new trilogy.

Ha.

I was same.
Underwhelmed at cinema.
Went in to JB and had to wait (with kids ). They had Solo on and we watched for a bit and I ended up buying it to continue to watch at home. Really enjoyed it second time around.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Solo wasn’t too bad, just a shame they tried to ruin it with the SJW droid and Pansexual Lando.

Or maybe it just seemed much better coming after the steaming pile of shit that was the last Jedi???

Generalzod

Immortal
I disagree guys Solo was boring and tbat music when Solo entered the bar was horrendous, The only good Star Wars film from Disney is Rogue one..I have appreciated the prequels even more now...

bileduct

Coach
Solo wasn’t too bad, just a shame they tried to ruin it with the SJW droid and Pansexual Lando.

Or maybe it just seemed much better coming after the steaming pile of shit that was the last Jedi???
I didn't mind the SJW droid to be honest, and I don't think the pansexual Lando thing was all that obvious in the movie itself.

Han shooting Beckett was like a big f**k you to Lucas' never ending meddling with the Han/Greedo scene from A New Hope. I thought that was perfect. Darth Maul was a great surprise too.

Matua

Bench
I just showed my young fella TPM. What a f**king pile of utter shit. It has aged far worse than I thought it would.
It was that on release. I find the hatred for TLJ bemusing in a world where the prequels exist.

Seems to me people don't like TLJ because it wasn't what they wanted the film to be, but the prequels were just straight up garbage, badly written, badly acted and badly directed.

I actually like TLJ too.

I know that neither the film or liking it is popular. But so what.

Apparently the original series is getting another make over esp ROTJ with jazzed up deleted scenes that some were on Blu Ray and lot of aerial battle stuff that was cut and not included in deleted scenes etc.

I'm interested but since I've been watching these since Betamax video, I just don't know how many more versions of the films I actually need, to the point I used to think I knew the Original Series off by heart and now I don't.

Generalzod

Immortal
I actually like TLJ too.

Apparently the original series is getting another make over esp ROTJ with jazzed up deleted scenes that some were on Blu Ray and lot of aerial battle stuff that was cut and not included in deleted scenes etc.

I'm interested but since I've been watching these since Betamax video, I just don't know how many more versions of the films I actually need, to the point I used to think I knew the Original Series off by heart and now I don't.
The original series is getting another make over??? This doesn't suprise me Disney want to milk it as much as they can, after all they did buy Lucasfilm for over $4billion. Seriously though what would make Star Wars fans happy if Disney decide to release the original films before George messed around with them.

Matua

Bench
I actually like TLJ too.

Yeah, I can't see the point of updating the old versions, but then again Lucas updated them himself ... it will be interesting how the Disney haters spin this with that in mind.

The original series is getting another make over??? This doesn't suprise me Disney want to milk it as much as they can, after all they did buy Lucasfilm for over $4billion. Seriously though what would make Star Wars fans happy if Disney decide to release the original films before George messed around with them.
That would be awesome. I think I saw them all in the late 90s when they were re-released, would love to see them again in the cinema.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found this move to be .... utter shit.

Given the broad canvas to work with given the character, this movie was just boring. It hurt the character more than enhancing it.

Latest posts