What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

So this thread has turned from who you've seen just now to who you've seen/met in the past?

Made me recount the players/coaches I've encountered in all different kinds of scenarios all time. List of the top of my head - and I'm happy to recount the scenarios on request. Ie I've met them in social situations, not just seen crossing the road or getting an autograph at a game etc. But against the thread topic, none were boring or mundane...

Craig Young (and son Dean, was a baby at the time)
Steve Morris
Michael "Weaponhead" Porter
Trevor Kissell
Barry Russell
Robert Stone
John Simon
Mark Carroll
Nathan Brown (along with "Big Kev"....i'm excited....)
Ricky Walford
Colin Saukuru
Jimmy Smith
Nathan Cayless
Luke Bailey
Scott Prince
Steve Edmed
Lee Hookey
Johnathan Thurston
Paul Rauhihi
Wayne Bennett
Garrett Crossman
Nate Myles
Craig Fitzgibbon
Steve Price (the ex Dragons Coach, not Bulldogs Captain)
Corey Pearson
Jarrod Saffy
Willie Mason
Mick Luibinskas
Neil Pringle
Phil Sigsworth
Richard Villisanti

The standouts for me were Wayne Bennett and (maybe surprisingly) Michael Weaponhead Porter.

With Weaponhead, I was at the King Wan Chinese after a sharks game my neighbours took me to when I was a ten-year-old-kid. He walked in with a few mates when my sharkies fan hosts called out to him. He came up to our table as I was munching on some dim sims or whatever and said gday to us all. I was singled out by my neighbours as "the dragons fan" at the table but he came up to me, shook my hand, and singled me out for some chat for the next few minutes. Yeah I was a starry-eyed ten-year-old kid at the time but it always stuck with me how sincere, courteous and impressive he was. He didnt convert me to following the sharks but he was always my favourite player after that.

(apart from John Fifita of course..... who sadly I've not yet met...)

It always makes me wonder what impressions the current NRL players leave on kids these days.

Meticulous Merv

Juniors
So this thread has turned from who you've seen just now to who you've seen/met in the past?

Made me recount the players/coaches I've encountered in all different kinds of scenarios all time. List of the top of my head - and I'm happy to recount the scenarios on request. Ie I've met them in social situations, not just seen crossing the road or getting an autograph at a game etc. But against the thread topic, none were boring or mundane...

Craig Young (and son Dean, was a baby at the time)
Steve Morris
Michael "Weaponhead" Porter
Trevor Kissell
Barry Russell
Robert Stone
John Simon
Mark Carroll
Nathan Brown (along with "Big Kev"....i'm excited....)
Ricky Walford
Colin Saukuru
Jimmy Smith
Nathan Cayless
Luke Bailey
Scott Prince
Steve Edmed
Lee Hookey
Johnathan Thurston
Paul Rauhihi
Wayne Bennett
Garrett Crossman
Nate Myles
Craig Fitzgibbon
Steve Price (the ex Dragons Coach, not Bulldogs Captain)
Corey Pearson
Jarrod Saffy
Willie Mason
Mick Luibinskas
Neil Pringle
Phil Sigsworth
Richard Villisanti

The standouts for me were Wayne Bennett and (maybe surprisingly) Michael Weaponhead Porter.

With Weaponhead, I was at the King Wan Chinese after a sharks game my neighbours took me to when I was a ten-year-old-kid. He walked in with a few mates when my sharkies fan hosts called out to him. He came up to our table as I was munching on some dim sims or whatever and said gday to us all. I was singled out by my neighbours as "the dragons fan" at the table but he came up to me, shook my hand, and singled me out for some chat for the next few minutes. Yeah I was a starry-eyed ten-year-old kid at the time but it always stuck with me how sincere, courteous and impressive he was. He didnt convert me to following the sharks but he was always my favourite player after that.

(apart from John Fifita of course..... who sadly I've not yet met...)

It always makes me wonder what impressions the current NRL players leave on kids these days.

That’s the saddest post I’ve ever seen

Life's Good

Coach
Bump.

Saw Luke O’Donnell at my local cafe this morning. He was sporting one hell of a black eye.
Still has the physique of a chiseled Adonis.

Artiste

Juniors
I also once saw this bloke in rushcutters bay park walking towards me f**king blowing the hell out of his nose, into his hand f**king snot all over him. Seriously f**king disgusting. I was like who's this filthy merkin, get the f**k away from me.
As he walks past I realised it was Freddy Fittler. I said how's it going Freddy ya sick f'ck..he just looked at me seriously and said "morning" ..went back to blowing f**king snot everywhere again hahaha
F'ck it was grose!!!

I also once saw this bloke in rushcutters bay park walking towards me f**king blowing the hell out of his nose, into his hand f**king snot all over him. Seriously f**king disgusting. I was like who's this filthy merkin, get the f**k away from me.
As he walks past I realised it was Freddy Fittler. I said how's it going Freddy ya sick f'ck..he just looked at me seriously and said "morning" ..went back to blowing f**king snot everywhere again hahaha
F'ck it was grose!!!

Blow me down

I seen mark gasnier at the shell servo at brighton buying chips one night after a sharks game. He'd been at the ground working for fox.

Exciting stuff

DeeJ

Bench
Ivan Henjak at Coles last weekend, checking out the ice creams.

You should tell the Courier Mail. They did an article on him a few years ago about how he went to coach some Sunshine Coast team, then disappeared and was never heard of again.

age.s

First Grade
My work mate was staying in a shared house near the nags head hotel in Glebe. He’d fell in love with a lovely looking lass who wanted to be friends.
I went to pick him up for work one Saturday morning and as he wasn’t outside I knocked him up, his “friend” let me in while he got ready. I was having a brew when my mate walked in the kitchen looking devastated, closely followed by Sam Burgess in a pair of boxer shorts.
My mate had spent all night listening to Sammy smash the granny out of his “friend” while he wanked and cried himself to sleep.

This is great.

It's the wank of shame that makes it.

Latest posts