What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary contract extension talks start

Eastview

Juniors
It's 100% the WIN influence. They just want to keep Illawarra's golden child in the job to keep the Illawarra fans happy as they are the only ones who are happy with mcidiot as coach. The St George fans have had enough!

Belta

Juniors
Eastview said;

“... the Illawarra fans [are] happy with mcidiot as coach...”

————————————————————————————————-

I’ve looked into my crystal ball to see if I could predict your profession.

I think I’ve got it. You’re a comedian? Ha,ha,ha. You’re so funny.

WepnutV

Juniors
I have been a supporter of this once great club for 42 years that i can remember, not including also another 5 years as a child that i don't really recall.
If this report is true and our 'coach' is re-signed, i am afraid i will have to really consider to giving away supporting the club after this year. I have always been a club man, not a supporter of a particular player or coach etc. But this will dead set do me.
I can't take any more of these decisions that the club makes. Mediocrity has set in into our joint and began as far back when Andrew Farrar was installed as coach (apart from the Bennett era).
I am over justifying to my friends and family why this club continues to under achieve. We have a real window of opportunity the next 2-3 years to give it a real good crack. No excuses. I feel frustrated that our players like Ben Hunt cop the wrath of reporters and commentators for how the side plays. He is our best signing in many years.
We need a coach who can lay the platform for our players, but alot of the time watching our team i don't see us with a plan A, let alone plan B or plan C.
I haven't seen much change in the last 5 years in the style we play or tactics employed, or regarding selection of youngsters given a chance to excel. This is the time to break them in, when we have a good core of senior players around them. Not only throw them in the deep end when we are inundated with injuries like the end of last year. And then we saw what some of these kids can really do.
We cannot blame recruitment anymore. I think the club has done a great job to lock up our promising young players, our rep stars, and in recruiting proven marquee players. It can only be the message our boys are receiving (from the coaching staff). I can't think of anything else. I may be too harsh. I don't know.
I really hope i end up with egg on my face and that i am proven wrong. I will be the FIRST to admit it and give myself an uppercut. I just don't see it happening.
A very frustrated supporter! Please...let us see how the year pans out before making any rash decisions on coaches.
its not a rash descion.. they can see what marys done over the last 5 years.. best news iv herd this year.. he puts his heart and sole into this club the same as many of the supporters do.. most you people blame mary before the players . wich is ridiculas btw.. but you guys will eventually see the light

George Dragon

Juniors
its not a rash descion.. they can see what marys done over the last 5 years.. best news iv herd this year.. he puts his heart and sole into this club the same as many of the supporters do.. most you people blame mary before the players . wich is ridiculas btw.. but you guys will eventually see the light
He has taken us from 11th to 7th with one finals win, at that rate we should be minor premiers in 6 or so years.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Hi everyone and belated Happy New Year....seems a bit pointless saying HNY after hearing the news re McExits possible extension.....my first comment on here since Oct 2018 and my worse fears are being banded around....FMD it couldnt be possible could it....even if my worse fears were to be true at least wait until the pointy end of the season...as a supporter for 60 plus years this news has to be one of my saddest and frustrating ......

SBD82

Coach
It's 100% the WIN influence. They just want to keep Illawarra's golden child in the job to keep the Illawarra fans happy as they are the only ones who are happy with mcidiot as coach. The St George fans have had enough!
You've deadset gotta be kidding.

gitano

Juniors
Nothing until we finish this year in the top 4, FFS surely surely not. I suggest the board go to spec savers, 7 is a long way from 4.
Not when only 1 win separates 1st and 8th. If you went to Specsavers you wouldn't of missed that

gitano

Juniors
Widdop keeps his shoulder in its socket and we probably win the comp in 2018.
Just ignore that one though. Put near 50 on Brisbane at home and finish 2 points from a minor premiership....yeah coach has to go. Oh dear

Latest posts