What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Pre-Season

callmack1

Staff member
To see who’s in it. eg is Jennings in it even though he’s not contracted. Who’s in it will be a good indicator of the final 30. Although in past years some photoshopping has gone on :joy:
Oh yea, I guess time will tell.

I just read an article on Zero Tackle that said, "The Eels are set to face South Sydney in a pre-season clash with French set to take up the position vacated by the departing Jarryd Hayne and Corey Norman."

Surely that's incorrect, we don't play Parra in any trials.

Last edited:
Oh yea, I guess time will tell.

I just read an article on Zero Tackle that said, "The Eels are set to face South Sydney in a pre-season clash with French set to take up the position vacated by the departing Jarryd Hayne and Corey Norman."

Surely that's incorrect, we don't play Parra in any trials.
We are playing parra in a trial for the u20 this weekend but I’ve not heard anything about the full squad. the ISP team will be playing also against Wentworthville so maybe they will try French in they game ? All kicks off at 5pm sat at Ringrose Park Wentworthville.

callmack1

Staff member
Getting out of his comfort zone - Cory Denniss: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/02/07/getting-out-of-his-comfort-zone-cory-denniss/

We are playing parra in a trial for the u20 this weekend but I’ve not heard anything about the full squad. the ISP team will be playing also against Wentworthville so maybe they will try French in they game ? All kicks off at 5pm sat at Ringrose Park Wentworthville.
Yep, you're right. Wentworthville are playing French in that trial game.

ThingFish

Juniors
Yeah the ISP boys played Parra in the first half. French, Salmon, Kane Evans etc played for them.

ThingFish

Juniors
I noticed that we played parramatta in the first half & had them 20-4 at half time, encouraging
I was going to head out, but had emergency baby sitting duty. I listened to a stream through Parra Facebook page. It was very much a crap effort. They only called the Parra/Wenty team and didn’t even name our try scorers. They called a couple of Souths players they knew. From that it seems Corey Allen and Connor Tracey controlled the first half, with either of those two setting up the tries. The new kid Amone had immediate impact when he came on. On one kickoff he ran it back 20m after breaking a tackle, then Tatola took it for 20 and Amone again for another 20 to be on their 40 after 3 tackles.

We kept the same side for the 2nd 40min so were playing a fresh Wenty side. Old Bears centre Hiroti ran wild through a fatigued Souths side. Unfortunately for Hiroti he got taken off injured.

This 2nd half was basically the callers talking about Parra’s up Coming year. Not much game calling went on. But Souths seemed to be let down by the final pass on many occasions. Corey Allen went the full 80 but they didn’t call many players in the second 40 so I’ve got no idea who else did big minutes.

I’d love to get the story from someone who was at the ground.

Meticulous Merv

Juniors
I was going to head out, but had emergency baby sitting duty. I listened to a stream through Parra Facebook page. It was very much a crap effort. They only called the Parra/Wenty team and didn’t even name our try scorers. They called a couple of Souths players they knew. From that it seems Corey Allen and Connor Tracey controlled the first half, with either of those two setting up the tries. The new kid Amone had immediate impact when he came on. On one kickoff he ran it back 20m after breaking a tackle, then Tatola took it for 20 and Amone again for another 20 to be on their 40 after 3 tackles.

We kept the same side for the 2nd 40min so were playing a fresh Wenty side. Old Bears centre Hiroti ran wild through a fatigued Souths side. Unfortunately for Hiroti he got taken off injured.

This 2nd half was basically the callers talking about Parra’s up Coming year. Not much game calling went on. But Souths seemed to be let down by the final pass on many occasions. Corey Allen went the full 80 but they didn’t call many players in the second 40 so I’ve got no idea who else did big minutes.

I’d love to get the story from someone who was at the ground.

I also read that the radio feed you listened to kept calling the fullback Allen when in fact it was Walmsley, I don’t know if Allen played or not

ThingFish

Juniors
It was just community radio, not regular commentators.
Would have been a great call for Parra supporters.
Plus at least their social media had a go. Our social media gave us nothing. No team list before the game. No score line with scorers after the game, no updates during.

Last edited:

Go Bunnies

Juniors
I also read that the radio feed you listened to kept calling the fullback Allen when in fact it was Walmsley, I don’t know if Allen played or not
Both teams played different players in first and second half - Walmsley may only have played second half - Allan first half.
Although there is no mention of Allan at all.

callmack1

Staff member
Well done to our lower grade sides!! Good to start the year with a trial win! Allan's name has not been mentioned in the match report so I'm not sure if he played to be honest. Great to hear Amone was impactful though!!

I’m gutted and feel a little stupid also as I thought the game was on Saturday for some reason. I had made plans to go to the game with my daughter and then have dinner at the club as it’s only 10 mins down the road. As it turned out I never got home from work till 8pm last night so missed the game. Would have been good to see the next wave of rabbits in action. Oh well shit happens as they say. Lol. I’ll be double checking dates and kick off times the rest of the season :joy::joy:

southsport

First Grade
I’m gutted and feel a little stupid also as I thought the game was on Saturday for some reason. I had made plans to go to the game with my daughter and then have dinner at the club as it’s only 10 mins down the road. As it turned out I never got home from work till 8pm last night so missed the game. Would have been good to see the next wave of rabbits in action. Oh well shit happens as they say. Lol. I’ll be double checking dates and kick off times the rest of the season :joy::joy:
That's a shame, it would have been good to hear your opinions on individual players.

Latest posts