What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary contract extension talks start

I think a lot of people losing sight here of why McGregor is being re-signed.

The fact is the coaching model the board has always wanted to adopt has been to appoint one of our own - build internal team bond that’s not influenced by the outside world - it’s actually the broncos model where Bennett reigned supreme - funnily enough the only time we went outside the desired model we had real success w Bennett.

I really think the job is Mcgregors to lose . There is no other coach in the frame here at the moment and will only be if we are sitting outside the top 8 mid season. I also don’t believe McGregor will be re signed before Anzac Day match - this giving the board a chance to see how things are going in 2019. Looking outside in - players look happy.. can’t ask for more I suppose.
The first priority of the Board is to win Premierships.
Introverted coaching models are flawed and are a kin to inbreeding.
The rest is details...

SBD82

Coach
You should read your post mate.
You sound like a relative or a plant sponsored by the media champs at the club.
I don't think there's any point in jumping on @SnowDragon. This place can become a bit of an echo chamber and people (with good cause imo) can go a bit overboard when venting their frustration with the coach, and the club for constantly renewing him.

He acknowledges Mary has flaws, but doesn't seem to want to lynch him. I don't think that's worthy of an attack.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I SAW THE BOYS FOUR DAYS IN 28 . DRAGONS CHANGE APPROACH TO FIND EXTRA 10 PERCENT

The St George Illawarra Dragons were 10 per cent behind the top sides in the competition last year, according to Paul McGregor.

Now maths isn't my strongest subject but, according to the article:

So, finding an extra 10% of 28 = 2.8 days

Add 2.8 to the already existing 4 = 6.8 (let's round that up to 7)

Genius! to solve our problem he now need to see them 7 of the 28 days. Got to hand it to our supercoach, he's Cert iv in coaching is really shining through.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Now maths isn't my strongest subject but, according to the article:

So, finding an extra 10% of 28 = 2.8 days

Add 2.8 to the already existing 4 = 6.8 (let's round that up to 7)

Genius! to solve our problem he now need to see them 7 of the 28 days. Got to hand it to our supercoach, he's Cert iv in coaching is really shining through.
Perhaps if he found an extra 10% brain power he could get a plan B....... DREAMING AGAIN

I don't think there's any point in jumping on @SnowDragon. This place can become a bit of an echo chamber and people (with good cause imo) can go a bit overboard when venting their frustration with the coach, and the club for constantly renewing him.

He acknowledges Mary has flaws, but doesn't seem to want to lynch him. I don't think that's worthy of an attack.
I am sorry if my response came across as an attack.
It wasn't meant that way but this post is so off centre that I truly wonder about the agenda.
What you are witnessing on this forum is the culmination of nearly 5 years of frustration with the misfiring coaching function.
I have never wanted to "lynch" McGregor.
All I personally complain about is the process by which we appointed McGregor in the first place, his performance as an underqualified FG coach and his constant rationalization of failure that is evidenced by his myriad of excuses.
SD's sentiments about McGregor's flaws may have had some credence in year 1 or 2 of his tenure but not now.
People vent for a reason. They are fed up and upset.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It wasn't meant that way but this post is so off centre that I truly wonder about the agenda.
What you are witnessing on this forum is the culmination of nearly 5 years of frustration with the misfiring coaching function.
All I personally complain about is the process by which we appointed McGregor in the first place, his performance as an underqualified FG coach and his constant rationalization of failure that is evidenced by his myriad of excuses.
SD's sentiments about McGregor's flaws may have had some credence in year 1 or 2 of his tenure but not now.

Very well said, mate.
My thoughts, precisely.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
THE WAY THINGS ARE LOOKING THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF HIM IS A LYNCHING ..........ALL JOKES ASIDE THE HOUR GLASS HAS WELL AND TRULY DROPPED FOR MR PAUL MARY Mc GREGOR AND 99 % OF THIS FORUM IS IN NEED OF A NEW COACH

So, Paul feels his staff and players need to improve by 10% for us to go all the way and that Origin and the training regime is to blame for our form slump in the second half of the season.

For the past 5 seasons, Paul has improved marginally each season with the assistance of consultant after consultant.

The team would improve by 20% overnight if you simply resigned Paul.

A coach, a coach, my kingdom for a coach.

WepnutV

Juniors
THE WAY THINGS ARE LOOKING THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF HIM IS A LYNCHING ..........ALL JOKES ASIDE THE HOUR GLASS HAS WELL AND TRULY DROPPED FOR MR PAUL MARY Mc GREGOR AND 99 % OF THIS FORUM IS IN NEED OF A NEW COACH
and 99% of this forum makes up for 0.1% of fans

possm

Coach

I think there needs to be loud protests from the fans in order to ensure this is Mary's last season with the Dragons. It is time our new CEO was put under pressure in the same way that Doust was dealt with a few years ago. To me it seems that nothing has changed with the WIN by-in and the appointment of the new CEO. If Mary is extended, it is fair to say that fans will walk in droves.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I think there needs to be loud protests from the fans in order to ensure this is Mary's last season with the Dragons. It is time our new CEO was put under pressure in the same way that Doust was dealt with a few years ago. To me it seems that nothing has changed with the WIN by-in and the appointment of the new CEO. If Mary is extended, it is fair to say that fans will walk in droves.

OK Possm -

I guess it’s CEO hunting season after all.

If Waterboy’s extended it’ll be open season & he’ll find out what Doust suffered for extending the Loser-

Nightmares from The Hill

And Endgame.
Buckle up mate!

possm

Coach
OK Possm -

I guess it’s CEO hunting season after all.

If Waterboy’s extended it’ll be open season & he’ll find out what Doust suffered for extending the Loser-

Nightmares from The Hill

And Endgame.
Buckle up mate!

NO, THAT WILL BE TOO LATE! Now it is time to rise up BEFORE the damage is done.

Old Timer

Coach
and 99% of this forum makes up for 0.1% of fans
And if even correct the relevance of that statement?
We come here to express an opinion and amongst all the opinions that are posted here the vast majority in relation to the coach are negative and the sentiments for that are clearly articulated.
So in this place which is the 100% of people that matter for the sake of this discussion your opinion re the coach is about 0.001%.

possm

Coach
And if even correct the relevance of that statement?
We come here to express an opinion and amongst all the opinions that are posted here the vast majority in relation to the coach are negative and the sentiments for that are clearly articulated.
So in this place which is the 100% of people that matter for the sake of this discussion your opinion re the coach is about 0.001%.

There is no official avenue for the members/fans to challenge the poor decision making of Club management. The current policy in place in which members have no say on who is installed on the SGI Board from the St George side is there for a reason. It stands in the way of good management and accountability.

It is my humble opinion that if St George Leagues Club fans were able to vote for their delegates on the SGI Board, Mary would not be extended and probably would never have been given anything other than the appointment as interim coach for the remainder of the season when Price was sacked.

So it seems to me that the only way to make things happen is to protest loudly and to co-opt the fans and media to join in this protest.

Latest posts