What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mary contract extension talks start

WepnutV

Juniors
There is no official avenue for the members/fans to challenge the poor decision making of Club management. The current policy in place in which members have no say on who is installed on the SGI Board from the St George side is there for a reason. It stands in the way of good management and accountability.

It is my humble opinion that if St George Leagues Club fans were able to vote for their delegates on the SGI Board, Mary would not be extended and probably would never have been given anything other than the appointment as interim coach for the remainder of the season when Price was sacked.

So it seems to me that the only way to make things happen is to protest loudly and to co-opt the fans and media to join in this protest.
.. too bad the chance to protest agaist mary came and went about 3 years ago.. too many people support his position now. so just put up with him as he guides us to a premiership..

WepnutV

Juniors
WOW

Just joined and I can’t understand the level of negativity against Mary (and Dufty and Widdop and ...).

Sure, I was a little disappointed with some aspects (primarily bringing on young talent and managing player workload) and think there is improvement needed, but overall I can probably make similar level of criticism of most coaches. With the seemingly good player buy-in I think the stability is good.

That said I live on the other side of the world and although I watch every game, I can’t really know how good or bad he is, so more than willing to consider that there may be better options. Still, the whinging sounds like a bunch of Manly supporters :)
its mainly this forum.. anyone with half a brain can see mary is a decent coach

George Dragon

Juniors
its mainly this forum.. anyone with half a brain can see mary is a decent coach
Lol decent coaches don't win premierships decent coaches have a 51% win rate.
I want a good coach I want a premiership winning coach.
Would you be happy with a decent half or a decent side.

WepnutV

Juniors
Lol decent coaches don't win premierships decent coaches have a 51% win rate.
I want a good coach I want a premiership winning coach.
Would you be happy with a decent half or a decent side.
it took wayne bennett 6 years to win a premiership.. and you want to win a premership.. then you would be glad to know we are heading in the right direction

WepnutV

Juniors
it took wayne bennett 6 years to win a premiership.. and you want to win a premership.. then you would be glad to know we are heading in the right direction
i want a long term coach that improves as the years go by, slowly building us into a long term premership force, challenging for the title year after year = mary

George Dragon

Juniors
Lol comparing Mary to Bennent
Wayne won GF in the Brisbane comp
Then was as at Raiders when they got to the GF
He then took over a new team and in 2 years got them into semis and won the GF in five years
He was also QLD SOO wining coach at that time as well.
Whats Mary won again...
In his 4 years as head coach he has taken us from 8th to 7th, we are building nicely premiership should be ours in 10 years or so

WepnutV

Juniors
Lol comparing Mary to Bennent
Wayne won GF in the Brisbane comp
Then was as at Raiders when they got to the GF
He then took over a new team and in 2 years got them into semis and won the GF in five years
He was also QLD SOO wining coach at that time as well.
Whats Mary won again...
In his 4 years as head coach he has taken us from 8th to 7th, we are building nicely premiership should be ours in 10 years or so
im not comparing bennett to mary.. my point was things dont happen overnight.. but that flew right past you lol

possm

Coach
i want a long term coach that improves as the years go by, slowly building us into a long term premership force, challenging for the title year after year = mary
So you are happy for us to lose for 5 years in a row, slowly building, spending 7m a year and then as long as the coach is building his experience and self confidence, go on for another 5 years.

Wake up my dear, we are the Dragons. Once we were the very best for 11 years in a row. Now our only win in 30 years was when Bennett came and did it in TWO years. Exactly why we need a top grade coach, not an old boy who would like the fame of being a winning coach but does not have what it takes to get there.

TruSaint

Referee
So you are happy for us to lose for 5 years in a row, slowly building, spending 7m a year and then as long as the coach is building his experience and self confidence, go on for another 5 years.

Wake up my dear, we are the Dragons. Once we were the very best for 11 years in a row. Now our only win in 30 years was when Bennett came and did it in TWO years. Exactly why we need a top grade coach, not an old boy who would like the fame of being a winning coach but does not have what it takes to get there.

Nailed it.

Latest posts