What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Host cities and venues

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
The French need to let the public know the game was and still is played in France. Can't keep waiting every 8 years for a World Cup in England, and moan that their is no fixtures.

I think the best bet for a bi event in France is an annual 3game series against England (StateOfOrigin style)...

Sure, it would begin with some floggings, but that would just build the rivalry. And if Framce ever win, England wont hear the end of it.

The 3game format is a proven winner. Origin obviously and the Bledisloe Cup (the only time Australia gives a shit about Union)

Storm13

Juniors
I think the best bet for a bi event in France is an annual 3game series against England (StateOfOrigin style)...

Sure, it would begin with some floggings, but that would just build the rivalry. And if Framce ever win, England wont hear the end of it.

The 3game format is a proven winner. Origin obviously and the Bledisloe Cup (the only time Australia gives a shit about Union)
England vs France has been getting worse each year it happens. If their not going to do a mid season test in France than don't bother. Would rather see a mid year Origin style game with French Catalans vs the best of Elite 1 than a game no one takes seriously. Been saying for years France need to be playing PNG in a three game series. Two National teams that have are very similar on and off the field.

Burns

First Grade
League Express (UK mag) says there might be issues with Workington Stadium on their front page; anyone know more?

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
England vs France has been getting worse each year it happens. If their not going to do a mid season test in France than don't bother. Would rather see a mid year Origin style game with French Catalans vs the best of Elite 1 than a game no one takes seriously. Been saying for years France need to be playing PNG in a three game series. Two National teams that have are very similar on and off the field.

Tbh PNG isn't a big media drawcard in France, and the French can beat them pretty comfortably.

The only thing that will get France going forward is Toulouse in SL. End of discussion.

Storm13

Juniors
Tbh PNG isn't a big media drawcard in France, and the French can beat them pretty comfortably.

The only thing that will get France going forward is Toulouse in SL. End of discussion.

Then what should they do in the meantime if Toulouse eventualy get into SL?

What if two clubs are not enough, should we then say Avignon needs to be in SL? End of discussion.

Coastbloke

Bench
I always tought PNG v France put on a decent game. Must go and look up some stats. Pretty sure France has played PNG in PNG a couple of times and got decent crowds and vice versa in France?

Jim from Oz

Juniors
I always tought PNG v France put on a decent game. Must go and look up some stats. Pretty sure France has played PNG in PNG a couple of times and got decent crowds and vice versa in France?

• 2007: France def. Papua New Guinea 38-26 Parc des Sports (Avignon)
  • 2007: France def Papua New Guinea 22-16 Stade Andre Moga, Begles (Bordeaux)

Bay53

Juniors
This looks really good.

I actually think the World Cup works without a great spread of venues. The advantage of having it in one area is fans can go to multiple games. Very difficult to travel around Australia and get to multiple games in a week. You could probably base yourself in Manchester, get a rail pass and attend plenty of games.