What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Yep the spit is the pits!! Keep in mind (depending on the state government that gets in) there’s also the possibility of the Northern Beaches Tunnel which would bypass the Spit/Military Rd and run from Balgowlah all the way to The Warringah Freeway just before the Harbour Tunnel.

Still a long way off though.

Yes will probably be finished in 2035.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I moved to the Northern Beaches 12 years ago. Albeit to Dee Why, the Blacktown of the Northern Beaches. There is zero chance that I’m leaving.
Mate, Dee Why has transformed in the last 5 years, particularly the beachfront. Good buying I’d say as you would be sitting on plenty of equity.

eels81236

Bench
Gary, if you’re looking at Manly, then make a couple of trips down. One on a crappy day and then one on a great day for tourists. Chalk and cheese.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yes will probably be finished in 2035.
2026 according to this (although that seems a pipe dream at this stage):

“Subject to planning approvals and finalisation of financing and procurement arrangements, the NSW Government expects construction of both the Beaches Link and Western Harbour Tunnel to start in 2020, with both tunnels open to traffic by 2026.”

https://infrastructurepipeline.org/project/beaches-link-tunnel/

84 Baby

Referee
Gary, have you considered any of those great, traditional rugby league suburbs like Newtown, Annandale or Glebe? Just super into their rugby league. You’d really like it there

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree about Manly. If you can live walking distance to the wharf, it would be a great way to get to work and offer a great lifestyle. Driving to work via Spit Road (or on the bus if the ferry isn’t running) would be a nightmare however.

Parkings a nightmare as is public transport. Inner west is best for a cnetral location and transport that but yes the planes can be loud. My doors shake.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Gary, have you considered any of those great, traditional rugby league suburbs like Newtown, Annandale or Glebe? Just super into their rugby league. You’d really like it there
I still remember Frank Burge’s 8 tries in the match against University like it was yesterday.

Noise

Coach
Modus Operandi in Mona Vale are brilliant.

I was just going to mention that one. You beat me to it.

There are a couple more micro breweries in Brookvale too (other than 4 Pines). Nomad and 7th Day. I haven't tried them. I am boring and don't appreciate the nuances of craft beers.I just drink normal stuff