What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Shawn Blore Fan Club

Matthew Ellis

Juniors

Peak speed. Shows lower body strength compared to size
Yeah, though keep in mind this is while Too was still doing it so there was some people to go. Dunno if he came first overall but wouldn't be surprised. This pic was posted on his instagram earlier in the year.
He's got some monster thighs on him.
So's Tim Grant!

Good news prop-wise
Correct if I'm wrong but whatever's been holding Grant back is or hopefully was mental. He hasn't suffered a massive injury that was responsible for his long stints in reserve grade.

Crashtest

Juniors
Correct if I'm wrong but whatever's been holding Grant back is or hopefully was mental. He hasn't suffered a massive injury that was responsible for his long stints in reserve grade.

From the Tigers first grade games I watched this year when Grant was in the team, Im guessing the reason Cleary dropped him to reserve grade was due to his slow play the ball speed. Plus his lack of lateral movement in defence once he got tired.

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah, though keep in mind this is while Too was still doing it so there was some people to go. Dunno if he came first overall but wouldn't be surprised. This pic was posted on his instagram earlier in the year.

Someone loves leg day!

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Just on Blore I've read a lot of stuff about how hard he trains, it seems like it's evidenced by how his big thighs don't look smooth like other guys with more natural big thighs (Solomone Kata, Jason Tamoulou). It's looks like it's more training that got him like this then getting genetically lucky (though he does have some that).

Thus he might not fill out as dramatically as other kids because he's already trained so hard and closer to his ceiling physically speaking compared to the average kid. But he doesn't need to improve physically that much anyway, it's more learning other stuff. Of course he's still 18 so he could still have another growth spurt then fill out that bigger frame. It's rare but some people grow til they're 21.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Just on Blore I've read a lot of stuff about how hard he trains, it seems like it's evidenced by how his big thighs don't look smooth like other guys with more natural big thighs (Solomone Kata, Jason Tamoulou). It's looks like it's more training that got him like this then getting genetically lucky (though he does have some that).

Thus he might not fill out as dramatically as other kids because he's already trained so hard and closer to his ceiling physically speaking compared to the average kid. But he doesn't need to improve physically that much anyway, it's more learning other stuff. Of course he's still 18 so he could still have another growth spurt then fill out that bigger frame.

If his body fat was higher his legs would be smoother.

Wookies&Cream

Juniors

Thus he might not fill out as dramatically as other kids because he's already trained so hard and closer to his ceiling physically speaking compared to the average kid. But he doesn't need to improve physically that much anyway, it's more learning other stuff. Of course he's still 18 so he could still have another growth spurt then fill out that bigger frame. It's rare but some people grow til they're 21.
Tyrone May worked to where he is imo with shitter genetics than blore. Pre-ACL may was pretty decent

Blues Riff

Bench
Looks more like Moses with those .....um Lats?
DtKGEqzU8AABSu1.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee

I know i have commented on it alread. But how the f**k is it possible for your thighs to be bigger than your waste like that?

Maybe it's common. Not quiet sure as I have never really paid attention to that.

Looks more like Moses with those .....um Lats?
DtKGEqzU8AABSu1.jpg
His upper body looks pretty f**king strong here. Looking through google images it looks like he has bulked up a bit. Our pack's looking pretty powerful for 2019. Atleast the top 17 guys and Blore anyway... who is destined for a top 17 spot by seasons end.

OldPanther

Coach
I know i have commented on it alread. But how the f**k is it possible for your thighs to be bigger than your waste like that?

Maybe it's common. Not quiet sure as I have never really paid attention to that.

His upper body looks pretty f**king strong here. Looking through google images it looks like he has bulked up a bit. Our pack's looking pretty powerful for 2019. Atleast the top 17 guys and Blore anyway... who is destined for a top 17 spot by seasons end.

Saw Leota at the xmas event last year and he looked like he was the biggest guy on the team as far as muscle goes. Built like a bodybuilder but with better athleticism.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors

I doubt it, might be an illusion because of the angle.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
19 stars for 2019 | Shawn Blore
As far as rising stars go, Shawn Blore nears the top of the list.

The Penrith Brothers junior has an impressive junior representative resume, with his most recent achievement being selection in the Junior Kangaroos team two years young. As a developing forward that is quite an achievement.

NSW Under-18s coach Mark O’Meley described Blore as a natural leader earlier this year, and said that he has NRL written all over him. He pulled off a tackle in the Under-18s Origin game on his own line that stopped a certain try, it was the definition of an ‘Origin play’.

For the Panthers, there is not much more that Blore could have achieved in 2018.

He captained the SG Ball team to a premiership and then backed it up a week later to lead the side to the National Championship in Queensland. He then graduated to the Jersey Flegg team where he played nine games, and even made three appearances in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW.

Despite being one of the better players for his age in the country, Blore said that he is an open book when it comes to learning, progression and development when speaking to NSWRL.com.au earlier in the year.

“I probably just try to better myself as a person, off the field more than on it,” Blore said.

“In team meetings, at training, in groups, I always try to keep the talk up, just trying to improve my leadership qualities.

“That’s always something that the coach is looking for.”

Blore is progressing into an NRL player and given his small taste of senior football last year, he may turn out in the Intrust Super Premiership for most of next year. The last two NSW Under-18s captains (Cameron Murray and Payne Haas) went on to debut for their team the next year, so an NRL appearance may not be too far away for Shawn Blore.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/01/01/19-stars-for-2019--shawn-blore/

Kev07

Juniors
19 stars for 2019 | Shawn Blore
As far as rising stars go, Shawn Blore nears the top of the list.

The Penrith Brothers junior has an impressive junior representative resume, with his most recent achievement being selection in the Junior Kangaroos team two years young. As a developing forward that is quite an achievement.

NSW Under-18s coach Mark O’Meley described Blore as a natural leader earlier this year, and said that he has NRL written all over him. He pulled off a tackle in the Under-18s Origin game on his own line that stopped a certain try, it was the definition of an ‘Origin play’.

For the Panthers, there is not much more that Blore could have achieved in 2018.

He captained the SG Ball team to a premiership and then backed it up a week later to lead the side to the National Championship in Queensland. He then graduated to the Jersey Flegg team where he played nine games, and even made three appearances in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW.

Despite being one of the better players for his age in the country, Blore said that he is an open book when it comes to learning, progression and development when speaking to NSWRL.com.au earlier in the year.

“I probably just try to better myself as a person, off the field more than on it,” Blore said.

“In team meetings, at training, in groups, I always try to keep the talk up, just trying to improve my leadership qualities.

“That’s always something that the coach is looking for.”

Blore is progressing into an NRL player and given his small taste of senior football last year, he may turn out in the Intrust Super Premiership for most of next year. The last two NSW Under-18s captains (Cameron Murray and Payne Haas) went on to debut for their team the next year, so an NRL appearance may not be too far away for Shawn Blore.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/01/01/19-stars-for-2019--shawn-blore/
Look out for Terrell May in Jersey Flegg this year.