What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Kornstar

Coach
Great start by the colts

I have been very quiet about the Colts because after 1-5 it was easier just to wait and see.

They just keep doing it. 10 of the last 11.

Next week is just gravy to be honest, the Chiefs will score a shit load of points so we will need to as well but just to get there is impressive.

What makes it all the more impressive is that we have a first time rookie HC, first time rookie OC, first time rookie DC.

Andrew Luck coming back after 18 months not throwing a football and playing his best season ever and by the end in the MVP conversation (not having a chance though cause of the magic that is Patrick Mahomes).

Only having a number one WR and the rest being 3, 4 or 5, rookies or journeymen.

No stars on defence before the season started.

No stars on the O-Line before the season started coming off 56 sacks allowed last season.

No stars at RB and we went with 2 rookies and a second year player.

A Tight End that was discarded by the Lions after 4 years who was a first round pick who had scored 11 TD’s in those 4 years......he has now scored 14 this year alone with us. We also lost our number one TE for most of the season to 2 different injuries.

And last but not least, our second year GM knocked our draft out of the park, 10 out of the 11 picks he acquired for us made the 53 man roster. The other one tore an ACL in the pre season and was on track to be the number 2 WR for the season.

I’m not going to get excited for next week as the Eels have conditioned me to never get ahead of myself but the year we’ve had especially under the circumstances and being at the start of a rebuild is phenomenal!

For the record, if the Chiefs lose to us next week they should all quit football!

T-Boon

Coach
I

No stars on the O-Line before the season started coming off 56 sacks allowed last season.

Speaking of 56, that mauling from Q Nelson on Clowney was something to behold and is by all accounts going viral. Clowney blew him up a bit 2 months ago which goes to show the improvement Q has made.

Gronk

Staff member
So Keith Urban tweets that he's watching Super Bowl Sunday in Oz and BTW its monday here and that means I already know who wins. ;-)

Some stupid yanks just can't get their head around it and are asking him for the result.

ash411

Bench
I hate the patriots so much...

But it's hard to deny how good a team they are..

But I hate them so. much.

T.S Quint

Coach
I like a good defensive game but that one was pretty shit. Bludger of a game.
I thought the Rams should have been the favourites but I never counted out the Pats. You just can’t.

I’m no hater of the Patriots but it will be good when Brady and Belechick are gone. Just sick of seeing them in Super Bowls.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So Keith Urban tweets that he's watching Super Bowl Sunday in Oz and BTW its monday here and that means I already know who wins. ;-)

Some stupid yanks just can't get their head around it and are asking him for the result.

I reckon he watched that game for about 5 mins after the photo was taken and then went back to being a punce.

Kornstar

Coach
Remember when people use to say Manning was better:)

Out of curiosity, in your eyes who was better and by what measure are you using;

Kenny or Lewis
Sterling or Stuart
Johns or Kimmorley
Daley or Fittler
Lockyer or Slater

Or coach

Bennett vs Gibson

Is it simply who won more rings? Cause then the dudes on the St George team that won 11 straight are better than everyone who ever played.

Brady had a better regular season record against Manning, whereas Manning had a better post season record against Brady.

Don't get me wrong, Brady probably edges out Manning but for people like yourself to laugh like it was Thurston vs Thorman just makes you look silly.

Also, why can't they just be great QB's and not have to have the better one? They'll both be first ballot hall of famers so who gives a shit?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Out of curiosity, in your eyes who was better and by what measure are you using;

Kenny or Lewis
Sterling or Stuart
Johns or Kimmorley
Daley or Fittler
Lockyer or Slater

Or coach

Bennett vs Gibson

Is it simply who won more rings? Cause then the dudes on the St George team that won 11 straight are better than everyone who ever played.

Brady had a better regular season record against Manning, whereas Manning had a better post season record against Brady.

Don't get me wrong, Brady probably edges out Manning but for people like yourself to laugh like it was Thurston vs Thorman just makes you look silly.

Also, why can't they just be great QB's and not have to have the better one? They'll both be first ballot hall of famers so who gives a shit?

Game winning drives, post season wins, MVP, weapons he had - he's the best. You can make the argument that Eli is better than Peyton

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Brady has done more than win championships, Bradshaw won 4 super bowls, when was the last time someone mentioned he was the best QB? Charles Hayley won 5 super bowls, never once mentioned as the best defensive player ever. Combination of things which i have said for years why he is the best, glad everyone is coming around finally

Kornstar

Coach
Game winning drives, post season wins, MVP, weapons he had - he's the best. You can make the argument that Eli is better than Peyton

Manning has the most game winning drives since 1960 with 54. Brady is 4th with 44.

Manning has 5 MVP's (which is the most since 1960, Brady has 3.

Brady has the most post season wins with 30, Manning 14

Both QB's have had very good weapons and made ordinary ones look great.

Their general stats are very comparable.

Eli is nowhere on those lists, so because he has won 2 SB's you equate that to better, so to you SB's are ALL that matter......which is cool, your choice.

Belichick is also a factor, Manning never had a great coach.

Brady has done more than win championships, Bradshaw won 4 super bowls, when was the last time someone mentioned he was the best QB? Charles Hayley won 5 super bowls, never once mentioned as the best defensive player ever. Combination of things which i have said for years why he is the best, glad everyone is coming around finally

You live in an interesting world. All power to you........i am not sure everyone is "coming around finally" as he has been labelled the GOAT for quiet a few years now.........

Enjoy your superiority!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Manning has the most game winning drives since 1960 with 54. Brady is 4th with 44.

Manning has 5 MVP's (which is the most since 1960, Brady has 3.

Brady has the most post season wins with 30, Manning 14

Both QB's have had very good weapons and made ordinary ones look great.

Their general stats are very comparable.

Eli is nowhere on those lists, so because he has won 2 SB's you equate that to better, so to you SB's are ALL that matter......which is cool, your choice.

Belichick is also a factor, Manning never had a great coach.

You live in an interesting world. All power to you........i am not sure everyone is "coming around finally" as he has been labelled the GOAT for quiet a few years now.........

Enjoy your superiority!

Dungy was a very good coach, and conveniently forgot the HOF wr's he had his entire career.

Eli had no one, but still has 2 rings

And when it came time to shine peyton did nothing and completely embarrased himself, there is a reason why peyton fans have quickly vanished of the planet. Brady is the best, and it is now widely regarded.

Kornstar

Coach
Dungy was a very good coach, and conveniently forgot the HOF wr's he had his entire career.

Eli had no one, but still has 2 rings

And when it came time to shine peyton did nothing and completely embarrased himself, there is a reason why peyton fans have quickly vanished of the planet. Brady is the best, and it is now widely regarded.

Dungy was coach for only 6 years of Mannings career.

Brady has thrown to Moss and Gronkowski too, you can't say he has had terrible weapons.

Your version of embarrassing and the rest of the worlds are 2 different things.

You don't have to like Manning but belittling those stats and career seems ridiculous.

ps remind me of Bill B's coaching record prior to Brady

What was Gibson's record directly before and directly after coaching us? You can simplify everything all you want i guess.....and you will.

T-Boon

Coach
Couple of criticism of Brady. He has always played in a weak division/conference. So he gets a lot of super bowl appearances. Also the cheating!

Latest posts