What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

meltiger

First Grade
Ah fair enough. One of the big things that jumped out me was they avoided the stupidity of rectangular design on the upper bowl. Where they have gone for a genuine bowl design here on the upper tier. Look at Wollongong for what I mean.

With restricted view I guess until people get in there would be hard to tell. Looking at those photos maybe people in the 4 bays on the corners might have some issues if a break is made up the sideline they are sitting on but without getting into a seat there is hard to tell.

Overall the place looks amazing. Can not wait to get to a game there.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ah fair enough. One of the big things that jumped out me was they avoided the stupidity of rectangular design on the upper bowl. Where they have gone for a genuine bowl design here on the upper tier. Look at Wollongong for what I mean.

With restricted view I guess until people get in there would be hard to tell. Looking at those photos maybe people in the 4 bays on the corners might have some issues if a break is made up the sideline they are sitting on but without getting into a seat there is hard to tell.

Overall the place looks amazing. Can not wait to get to a game there.
https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/posts/12897227/

Suitman

Post Whore
@beave thinks there might be some seats with a restricted view because of one of the stands

haven't seen any recent pics that show the area he is talking about

As construction progressed, it did indeed look like there might be some seats with a restricted view but the design, as it always was, has ensured that wasn't the case. I'm sure @beave now accepts this issue has been overcome.

Marlins

Juniors
In a perfect world u would have 4 bankwests in Sydney city north south and west ..

With anz sitting in middle for Gf and SOO
Gould’s confidant on Twitter, that Penrith will get a new 25k stadium within the next 10 years.

Harder to ever see a new Brookvale or Shark Park though.

Last Week

Bench
Gould’s confidant on Twitter, that Penrith will get a new 25k stadium within the next 10 years.

Harder to ever see a new Brookvale or Shark Park though.

I'd like to see one in Liverpool. For the Bulldogs and Tigers to take most of their games there, with some at Campbelltown and Belmore.

A stadium for the Dragons and Sharks to share would be ideal, but a mutual location is near impossible to find.

Penrith, Campbelltown and Brookvale just need good upgrades.

El Diablo

Post Whore
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/4624540870ccbb8b8d5bec06775d0902

Eels-Wests Tigers Easter Monday clash to sell out months in advance

Phil Rothfield Alcho Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph
February 14, 2019 5:02pm

This is the hottest ticket in Australian sport for a rugby league blockbuster that will be the fastest sell-out in the history of the game.

Tickets go on sale on Friday for the grand opening of the magnificent western Sydney stadium on Easter Monday when the Parramatta Eels host the Wests Tigers.

Still three months from the game, only 12,000 seats remain at the newly named Bankwest Stadium with 18,000 having already allocated to Eels season ticket holders and sponsors.

Parramatta and Wests Tigers members and Eels junior league clubs will get the first option to purchase tickets with the remainder open to the general public on Tuesday.

It will sell out within hours.

“No game has ever sold out that far in advance,” declared rugby league historian David Middleton.

Rugby league’s off-season of shame will be temporarily forgotten as diehard footy fans scramble for tickets to the historic opening event at western Sydney’s new showpiece venue.

General admission family tickets are available for as little as $50. The cheapest adult ticket is $27.50.

Such is the excitement around the 30,000-seat stadium which is nearing completion, the Eels’ top three membership categories - platinum, gold and club house – are completely sold out.

All eastern grand stand sections for Parramatta’s season ticket holders sold out weeks ago.

This is extraordinary for a club that ran last and collected the wooden spoon in 2018.

The Eels v Tigers clash on Easter Monday is the first of nine Eels home games in 2019.

“We can’t wait,” said Eels co-captain Tim Mannah, “We’ve been here for over 70 years and it holds a very special place in the hearts and minds of the Eels faithful. This is exactly where the players, members and fans want to be.”

The stadium that fans have been crying out for in rugby league’s Western Sydney heartland is more than 90 per cent complete and is scheduled to open mid-April.

The proximity of the seats to the pitch and steeper grandstand design mean fans are closer to the action than ever before. An enclosed seating bowl has been designed to create a continuous wall of sound which will make for an amazing atmosphere at games.

The Eels’ Round 8 Sunday afternoon clash against the Dragons on May 5 is also on sale from today (Friday) and destined to be another sell-out.

Wests Tigers will play four home games at the venue, with their first against the Raiders on Friday, June 7.

The NSW Waratahs will play the first of three Super Rugby games at Bankwest Stadium on April 27, while Western Sydney Wanderers will play their first game against English club Leeds United on July 20.

Marlins

Juniors
I'd like to see one in Liverpool. For the Bulldogs and Tigers to take most of their games there, with some at Campbelltown and Belmore.

A stadium for the Dragons and Sharks to share would be ideal, but a mutual location is near impossible to find.

For the dogs/Tigers/Souths that was going to be the New Homebush. Club mode or whatever they were going to call it.

Dragons is a funny one. They should probably play majority of games @WIN. And slowly migrate their Kograh games to the new sfs . If it ever gets built.

Sharks can just pray ScMo wins the next election.

franklin2323

Immortal

You'd think somewhere along the new airport would get a stadium. Exactly where I guess is the question

beave

Coach
@beave thinks there might be some seats with a restricted view because of one of the stands

haven't seen any recent pics that show the area he is talking about

the last pics I saw mate, it looks like they put some sheeting/cladding up in those corners and blocked the last 10-15 rows of that restricted viewing area off like the original stadium renderings. Probably lost a couple of hundred seats in total though, not a massive loss but you’d think they could have just extended the western stand a little further north and south. Might have cost a lot more though I guess. Very happy they sorted it out.

Great looking stadium, can’t wait to head down for a Cowbs game there.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
You'd think somewhere along the new airport would get a stadium. Exactly where I guess is the question

It would make sense. It’s a perfect fit in terms of southwestern geographical location, noise considerations, transport (once a train line is built) and available land,

Latest posts