What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 power rankings

hindy111

Post Whore
After an overwhelming amount of PMs I have decided to treat everyone to another year 0.3mm of power rankings. So here they are.

1. Rooster - Bar injuries this is the best side in the competition. I see a large gap between them and the rest of the bunch.

2. Dragons - Great looking side. If Vaughn and Widdop remained fit they win comp in 2018.

3. Rabbits - Still a lot of talent here and remain in my top 4.

4. Sharks - I reckon they where getting stale with Flanno. A new coach will freshen them up.

5. Storm - Even without Slater there is still a lot of talent

6. Panthers - Unsure how they will go. Lot of young guys and the pack only looks average.

7. Brisbane - Based on all these hyped up jnrs. I hate their havles pairing.

8. Titans - I like there squad

9. Knights - Still dont see them making top 8.

10 - Eels - Good thing is I dont see a whole lot of difference between 3rd -14th

11 - Cowboys - Thurston still led the lbas and ta last year but was deemed the problem? Geesh

12. Manly - On there day can beat anyone but unsure consitency.

13 - Canberra - Micks suprise pick. He reckons theyl be top 5.

14- NZ - I just dont see it.

15 - Dogs - I dont think they will be bad. But no finals for them

16 - Tigers Dont rate the squad at all. 2018 I put down to some luck.

Last edited:

84 Baby

Referee
Who’s 16th? Tigers?
I actually kind of agree with your part in us in not much difference between 3rd to 14th. But I reckon it’s sort of 5th to last. I think Rorter, Scum, Souffs & Steelers are teams I’d put money on to make 8 but everyone else could almost finish anywhere else.
Plus Souffs like 2017 could depend on rule “interpretations”

hindy111

Post Whore
Don't be bitter merkin.

If life serves you lemons, make lemonade.

Look there are plenty of threads polluted with bullshit. Power ranking is purely a footy thread for everyone to discuss thoughts on all 16 teams and where they are at.
Can we atleast have one thread thst is about rugby leage?

Gronk

Staff member
Look there are plenty of threads polluted with bullshit. Power ranking is purely a footy thread for everyone to discuss thoughts on all 16 teams and where they are at.

Agreed provided that this is a Mick (and all his brothers sisters friends and colourful associates) plus any other weird shit, free thread.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Good luck!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Power Rankings is just a media label they spin to write articles for more click bait.

The real power rankings are in the NRL ladder.

hindy111

Post Whore
Power Rankings is just a media label they spin to write articles for more click bait.

The real power rankings are in the NRL ladder.

Do you agree with the power ranking or not? I can make adjustments if you want to push ypur case for a certain team.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’d have the dragons lower, rabbits higher, sharks lower, storm higher, titans lower, knights higher, eels lower, canberra higher.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Need reasons mate. Without them your case is weak.
Dragons lower rabbits higher - Dragons will be good this year but I'd put a team with 3 burgii, GI, reynolds kicking game and speedy backs slightly higher. Dragons 3, Rabbits 2.

Sharks lower, Storm higher - Would swap these two around. Sharks 5, Storm 4. Even without Slater I cant see the storm outside the Top 4.

Titans lower - Peachey will add something but they going be average. I'd have them closer to 12th.

Knights higher - I'd bump them up to 8. Squad looks good. Kalyn Ponga will be this year's Dally M.

Eels lower - we have made couple of good recruitment decisions and I like Brown. But we were last years wooden spooners and our trial form against Canberra was average. We should be in the bottom four until we prove something on the field.

Canberra higher - I'd have them one or two higher than 13. Will be interesting to see how their Wigan recruits go.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dragons lower rabbits higher - Dragons will be good this year but I'd put a team with 3 burgii, GI, reynolds kicking game and speedy backs slightly higher. Dragons 3, Rabbits 2.

Sharks lower, Storm higher - Would swap these two around. Sharks 5, Storm 4. Even without Slater I cant see the storm outside the Top 4.

Titans lower - Peachey will add something but they going be average. I'd have them closer to 12th.

Knights higher - I'd bump them up to 8. Squad looks good. Kalyn Ponga will be this year's Dally M.

Eels lower - we have made couple of good recruitment decisions and I like Brown. But we were last years wooden spooners and our trial form against Canberra was average. We should be in the bottom four until we prove something on the field.

Canberra higher - I'd have them one or two higher than 13. Will be interesting to see how their Wigan recruits go.

Thank you for your input and suggestions. It will be proccessed via our board and we may consider making adjustments prior to the season starting.

strider

Post Whore
Excellent work hindy

I agree with a bit of gary's stuff

Dragons might be distracted by Debelin's issues ... they are a bit fragile when they get injuries

Sharks - i think will decline ... the old hard heads are retiring or just old

Canberra - their rollercoaster is due for an up

Knights will make the 8. Might even push top 4

Panthers will likely be top 4

Titans - i am not sold on but they mostly try

hindy111

Post Whore
Excellent work hindy

I agree with a bit of gary's stuff

Dragons might be distracted by Debelin's issues ... they are a bit fragile when they get injuries

Sharks - i think will decline ... the old hard heads are retiring or just old

Canberra - their rollercoaster is due for an up

Knights will make the 8. Might even push top 4

Panthers will likely be top 4

Titans - i am not sold on but they mostly try

Appreciate your response.
We will consider your statement and the board will look to make adjustments if further evidence is provided.
I however will except the PANTHERS into the top 4. Your case is very strong here.

84 Baby

Referee
I however will except the PANTHERS into the top 4. Your case is very strong here.
Lol I’ll pay that. That’s pretty funny.

Anyway back on topic. Who the f**k are Canberra’s props? Haven’t they lost both their starters from last year?

strider

Post Whore
Lol I’ll pay that. That’s pretty funny.

Anyway back on topic. Who the f**k are Canberra’s props? Haven’t they lost both their starters from last year?
Fair question ... they have papalli and tarpine in the middle .... not sure what else

havilli is the size of most of our props - lol

Latest posts