What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

I actually really like Morris, he was always approachable during his time at the Tigers and it sound like he has done an amazing job with the junior pathways at Cronulla. Just think it would have been a wise move for the Sharks to go with someone not involved in their past problems while digging themselves out of their current situation.
Sure, don’t get me wrong, I do get where you are coming from, however I honestly think the club has done the right thing by the players and in particular the youngsters coming through.

I honestly thing they will be better off under Morris then they would have been under Flanno.

AJB1102

First Grade
With the history that Cronulla has in regards to breaching the rules, I would hope they put their best foot forward and appoint someone who was beyond reproach. They did not do this and instead appointed someone with a cloud over them.

I see the point, I just don't think it's very relevant. Even the DT hasn't stooped to making a deal out of it as far as I know.

I think Morris' 13 year, 300 game career and clean record plus his successful lower grade coaching career stands way above a 5 week period in 2011 where he may have unknowingly been treated with a banned substance.

Who is "beyond reproach"? Bellamy coach of the biggest cheats? Bennett and his coachbox buddy Andrew Gee? Man of his word Ivan Cleary? How many merkins get Joey in to help?

All the good ones are tainted if you wanna get picky.

unforgiven

Bench
I see the point, I just don't think it's very relevant. Even the DT hasn't stooped to making a deal out of it as far as I know.

I think Morris' 13 year, 300 game career and clean record plus his successful lower grade coaching career stands way above a 5 week period in 2011 where he may have unknowingly been treated with a banned substance.

Who is "beyond reproach"? Bellamy coach of the biggest cheats? Bennett and his coachbox buddy Andrew Gee? Man of his word Ivan Cleary? How many merkins get Joey in to help?

All the good ones are tainted if you wanna get picky.
That is a fair point, just think it would have been better for Cronulla to distance themselves a bit.

Quicksilver

Bench
So now every busted athlete can say I didn't know what I was taking.
Except the actual finding in this case was “unknowingly and unwittingly”. Unfortunately we weren’t really given a proper explanation as to what actually happened beyond that. So the club has never had the opportunity to heal properly.

Still just a shit smell hanging over everyone, guilty or otherwise.