What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks cap superthread - latest: NRL clears Flanagan to assistant coach from 2020

Quicksilver

Bench

Indeed it does. I didn’t have to read far to see the words “positive test”.

We have our own outcome for this case. You don’t need to start pointing out other cases that have a completely different set of facts and therefore a different outcome.

If the people at Cronulla tried to cheat they should be banned and rightfully labeled cheats.

But none of the convictions even point to anyone trying to do the wrong thing. Even the coach only got in trouble for “management failings”.

In some ways I wish more shit had have come from this so we could just cut off anyone involved and start again. But it’s hard to point the finger at anyone in this case given the findings and say “you cheated”

Quicksilver

Bench
And don’t get me started on the way the plea deal they were offered was handled.

Hardly the actions of an organisation attempting to correctly punish people.

But I don’t think people wanted a correct outcome. They wanted social media sensation and banter ammunition.

squiddy

Juniors
Yeah as quickly said unknowingly and unwittingly , management failures etc etc - fmd dank was only there 3 weeks before the sharks realised he was duds and turfed him , he was other clubs for years , ya reckon unforgiven that sharks were the only club popping peptides if indeed they were ?.if the sharks were guilty of anything it was poor management not being smart enough to employ a ceo to provide oversight

They accepted their breach notices for their role an illegal supplement program that occurred at the club and plead guilty to using a banned substance.
That is your overview, what was the actual finding? Use the words

Unknowingly
Unwittingly

Took the plea, but they did not knowingly or deliberately take the substances alledged

Quicksilver

Bench
Yeah as quickly said unknowingly and unwittingly , management failures etc etc - fmd dank was only there 3 weeks before the sharks realised he was duds and turfed him , he was other clubs for years , ya reckon unforgiven that sharks were the only club popping peptides if indeed they were ?.if the sharks were guilty of anything it was poor management not being smart enough to employ a ceo to provide oversight

I don’t understand why people reach for grand conspiracies when the most obvious conclusion (given the evidence that’s presented) is that an under-resourced club got dudded.

There are emails showing that it was immediately shut down by the doctor when discovered.

It does make good banter, I guess. But it’s pretty cheap. Particularly this long after it happened.

carcharias

Immortal
I don’t understand why people reach for grand conspiracies when the most obvious conclusion (given the evidence that’s presented) is that an under-resourced club got dudded.

There are emails showing that it was immediately shut down by the doctor when discovered.

It does make good banter, I guess. But it’s pretty cheap. Particularly this long after it happened.

It’s been so long since that the 3 main anti sharks reporters are either
Selling ice cream
Going to court for violent drunken behaviour
Or brown bread

...and the Sharks have since won a premiership.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ok you keep believing that one.
... may as well believe Cam didn’t know either.
Even though he managed both his contracts.

C’mon mate.
So definitive proof beyond reasonable doubt is necessary for anyone in black white and blue (and even then defend them), but speculation on people never cited for the Storm... that's cool?

Pick a position.

unforgiven

Bench
Indeed it does. I didn’t have to read far to see the words “positive test”.

We have our own outcome for this case. You don’t need to start pointing out other cases that have a completely different set of facts and therefore a different outcome.

If the people at Cronulla tried to cheat they should be banned and rightfully labeled cheats.

But none of the convictions even point to anyone trying to do the wrong thing. Even the coach only got in trouble for “management failings”.

In some ways I wish more shit had have come from this so we could just cut off anyone involved and start again. But it’s hard to point the finger at anyone in this case given the findings and say “you cheated”
Did you read the part where he claimed it came from contaminated beef? Tried using the I didn't know defence.

carcharias

Immortal
So definitive proof beyond reasonable doubt is necessary for anyone in black white and blue (and even then defend them), but speculation on people never cited for the Storm... that's cool?

Pick a position.

Funny that ey?
Why wasn’t Bellamy cited?
You really think he had no idea?
Bwhaha
As long as he didn’t know they were over the cap then the sharks didn’t test positive.

Timmah

Staff member
Funny that ey?
Why wasn’t Bellamy cited?
You really think he had no idea?
Bwhaha
As long as he didn’t know they were over the cap then the sharks didn’t test positive.
Your grasp on facts is loose

Timmah

Staff member
C’mon
Real world
Do you really think Bellamy had no idea?
He may well have - but none of us have proof to that effect and it's never been tried in any meaningful manner (and almost certainly never will be)

carcharias

Immortal
He may well have - but none of us have proof to that effect and it's never been tried in any meaningful manner (and almost certainly never will be)

Do “you” think he knew was the question.
Fair dinkum realistically.

Yes or no?