What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
I love this article in today's Herald. Definitely a karma thing.

Former NSW coach Daley, a co-host of 2KY’s Big Sky Sports Breakfast program, took aim at the embattled club.

“It’s not good for your brand,” Daley said on air on Wednesday morning.

“If you’re a parent, which I am, at the moment if I have a son good enough to play and if Penrith were in discussions with my son, I wouldn’t want my son to go and play at Penrith.

“And I wouldn’t want my daughter to go out with any Penrith player.”

Asked if the dissemination of lewd videos was a more widespread problem across the game, Daley said: “At the moment, how many people have been charged? How many people have been involved (in videos) released at the moment?

“There’s three players, four players from Penrith, compared to other clubs.

“What I’m saying is if I’ve got my son or my daughter, I don’t want them going anywhere near Penrith ...

“If I’ve got proof or evidence that other people are doing it, I’ll lay into them as well. But at the moment it’s Penrith and Penrith haven’t got a great culture.”

Daley’s comments are sure to escalate tensions between himself and Panthers supremo Phil Gould. Gould, NSW’s most successful State of Origin coach, was scathing of what he described as a toxic culture at the Blues while Daley was in charge, to the point where he threatened not to allow his Penrith players to be involved in rugby league’s showpiece event.

"I don't want anyone down in that culture at all,” Gould said in 2017 after NSW players were involved in a series of alcohol-fuelled incidents.

“I don't want any of our current players in that environment ...

"It all starts with leadership. Who's going to take control over what the personality of this team [is]? I think it's a dog's breakfast, and it has been for some time.”

What a merkin Daley is. Hope Karma comes to get him.

The Rosco

Bench
Nothing like a bit of good natured trolling eh ?
. . . says Penrith merkin in the WT forum.
And besides, I was being deadly serious about the whole karma thing.
Or do you guys still actually think Penrith/Gus/Ivan acted with any form of dignity throughout the whole affair ?

f**k me...everyone gets a ribbon. It should be a top 6.

Top six.

Three weeks of finals, one less week which can be shifted to play through the season, which would take us up to 27 rounds, abolish the byes and trials and start the year in Feb. 30 rounds, one home and one away. Couldn't give a f**k if Origin was left until after the finals but no more bye weeks. It chews up a week that could make up a return round.

Only then can the comp be deemed fair.

I see the funny side with Penrith in that Ivan likely left us for a better roster and an opportunity to have a serious tilt at the comp and these videos could completely f**k up his plans, apparently there's another one with a high profile play.

I'm laughing at him more than anyone else. Once again like everything the fans of the club suffer the most.

Das Hassler

Bench
I see the funny side with Penrith in that Ivan likely left us for a better roster and an opportunity to have a serious tilt at the comp and these videos could completely f**k up his plans, apparently there's another one with a high profile play.

I'm laughing at him more than anyone else. Once again like everything the fans of the club suffer the most.

Timing's everything and sometimes you can just be unlucky. ...things settled down here JUUST after he left. ..if only he'd waited

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Lozza obviously getting his own back on Jabba, but still if Jabba thinks he can take potshots at the Blues for poor culture then he can cop it when it comes back at him. Or does it not work that way with Phil Gould?

gordsy

Juniors
Lozza obviously getting his own back on Jabba, but still if Jabba thinks he can take potshots at the Blues for poor culture then he can cop it when it comes back at him. Or does it not work that way with Phil Gould?
One could say he is full of shit given what happened when he was at the raiders and his own for, but even Ignoring that he still picked a bloke who has been convicted of Indecent assault for origin, {ferguson}
If you're going to have a go then go for gold but don't be a hypocritical merkin while doing it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Word is Ava Seumanifangi is the one being pushed out of the Sharks, personally I'd bring him back and forget about Musgrove. I dont want to go half a season waiting for a guy who might not even get registred

gordsy

Juniors
Word is Ava Seumanifangi is the one being pushed out of the Sharks, personally I'd bring him back and forget about Musgrove. I dont want to go half a season waiting for a guy who might not even get registred
Thought Ava had / has some concussion Issues ?

macnaz

Staff member
What happened to the last signed rule the NRL was banging on about?

simmo05

Bench
I thought segyaro would have been the one to leave, thats why he was signed.

Blues Riff

Bench
Numbskulls. Unless of course you mean the universe will deal with canoes that have no feeling,
Yeah, fair point. I'm usually a huge grammar Nazi. Anyhow the way you guys spout all the quasi-religious referrences is laughable. Messiahs, Mantras and Karma. As if RL is part of the cosmic plan.

Shredder

Juniors
Last in first out is only if a team cant offload a player.

If they can offload someone and get under the cap, then they are fine.

Latest posts