What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018/19 Champions League

thorson1987

Coach
Hahaha ead Ramos.

Gets a yellow on purpose in the 1st leg to miss the 2nd one and go into the quarters with a clean slate. Ends up being increased to a 2 match ban by UEFA.

Then Real Madrid lose 4-1 at home to Ajax to knock them out of the competition.

saint.nick

Coach
Hahaha ead Ramos.

Gets a yellow on purpose in the 1st leg to miss the 2nd one and go into the quarters with a clean slate. Ends up being increased to a 2 match ban by UEFA.

Then Real Madrid lose 4-1 at home to Ajax to knock them out of the competition.
How glorious is it. Real Madrid, their fans, and Sergio "it was just an accident" Ramos are a stain on football.

ggmu

Juniors
I'm torn.

f**king love that PSG are out, hate the fact it was you pricks who did it and they way it was done
We created 1 Chance all game and missed it. But still scored 3 goals. Can see the controversy in the penalty but my United glasses tell me it was a pen.

Game_Breaker

Coach
No matter what edin dzeko does for the rest of his career, he will always be remembered for that dive this morning lol

saint.nick

Coach
I wish that Germanophile Tonearm Terrorwrist was still around to justify how German football is so superior to English football

thorson1987

Coach
Results of last nights draw.

Qtr Finals

Ajax vs Juventus
Liverpool vs Porto
Man City vs Tottenham
Man UTD vs Barcelona

Semi Finals

Ajax/Juve vs City/Tottenham
LFC/Porto vs Utd/ Barcelona

Final

Ajax side of draw designated home side.

thorson1987

Coach
Due to local regulations Man UTD and Man City can not play at home on the same night or the next night, so Man UTD will play away in the first leg.

thorson1987

Coach
  • There are as many English teams in the quarter-finals of this season's Champions League as there were in the previous four campaigns combined (four).
  • This is the first time that Spain will have just one representative in the Champions League quarter-finals since 2009-10.
  • There will be no German side in the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time since 2005-06.
  • Ajax are the first Dutch side to reach the Champions League quarter-finals since PSV Eindhoven in 2006-07.
  • Ajax have had a younger starting XI on average (24 years, 202 days) in the Champions League this season than any other side left in the competition.
  • Porto have had more different goalscorers (excluding own goals) than any other team in this season's Champions League (10).
  • Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has now qualified for the Champions League quarter-finals in nine of his 10 campaigns as manager, with 2016-17 the only season he failed to do so.
  • Barcelona have reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League for the 12th successive season, last failing to do so in the 2006-07 campaign.
  • Tottenham have qualified for the quarter-finals of the European Cup/Champions League for the third time in the club's history, last doing so back in 2010-11.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Ajax are going to lose half of their team this TW, they have so much young talent its just amazing how their scouting network is so damn good, we are looking at a few of them

Game_Breaker

Coach
All the pressure will be on the Barca/Liverpool tie as most pundits will have the winner of that tie as tournament favourites

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
All the pressure will be on the Barca/Liverpool tie as most pundits will have the winner of that tie as tournament favourites

Barca were in our group stage and after 2 games the agg score was only 1 zip, I wouldn't mind playing them again on a neutral ground, they seem old and slower than they were a few years ago

I think they were better last season