What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 championship & league one..

Perth Tiger

Bench
York seem to be a surprise packet this year.

What is the go? just a good start to the year or are the serious challengers for promotion?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

What is the go? just a good start to the year or are the serious challengers for promotion?
There's some reasonable Super League experience in the side - Ben Cockayne, Judah Mazive, Kriss Brining, Joe Batchelor from last week's lineup I can see.

They'll struggle against the top sides on occasion but wouldn't surprise me if they made the playoffs.

Evil Homer

Staff member

Settled team, good young coach. They won League 1 last year ahead of Bradford who on paper should've won it by a mile. They won't be contenders at the very top but not surprised to see them doing well. Well run club too that will be moving into a new stadium later this year, glad to see them doing well.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
If you want I can post L1 attendances as listed in League Express.

If your up for it yes please. Sadly in my area which is quite rural in northern Ireland there isn't the opportunity to get it in the shops.

Was actually thinking of a subscription. Would you recommend it ahead of RL world?

Evil Homer

Staff member
If your up for it yes please. Sadly in my area which is quite rural in northern Ireland there isn't the opportunity to get it in the shops.

Was actually thinking of a subscription. Would you recommend it ahead of RL world?
League Express is made by the same people as RL World, it's a weekly newspaper with match reports, news and rumours whereas RLW is a monthly magazine with features and interviews etc. Completely different products.

deluded pom?

Coach

Are you Irish or an Aussie in NI?

deluded pom?

Coach
Doncaster v Workington 640
Hunslet v West Wales Raiders 560
Keighley Cougars v Coventry Bears 915
London Skolars v Newcastle Thunder 302
North Wales Crusaders v Oldham 426

Stallion

First Grade
Me neither. Both the result and crowd.

Just listening to the commentators in Catalans v Salford game. They have mentioned a boost for the code in France as a result of Catalans winning the Challenge Cup. So hopefully Frances domestic scene will thrive into the future and perhaps one day realise it's full.potential.After all the French Public were taking rugby league on in massive numbers by the late 1930s. And it took a NAZI appointed government to agree to the lobbying of French union officials to outlaw rugby league in 1941. Maybe natural sports justice may be on its way? Surprised if this happens and delighted if it occurs!

Last edited:
Me neither. Both the result and crowd.
D1OfM1VW0AAeotJ.jpg:large

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Just listening to the commentators in Catalans v Salford game. They have mentioned a boost for the code in France as a result of Catalans winning the Challenge Cup. So hopefully Frances domestic scene will thrive into the future and perhaps one day realise it's full.potential.After all the French Public were taking rugby league on in massive numbers by the late 1930s. And it took a NAZI appointed government to agree to the lobbying of French union officials to outlaw rugby league in 1941. Maybe natural sports justice may be on its way? Surprised if this happens and delighted if it occurs!
I think the only way RL grows in France is if they have around 3-4 teams in the UK league structure which could hopefully see the elite1 and elite2 catch a bump from this. Especially from expansion areas like Marseille, Montpelier and Lyon etc.

Latest posts