What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordan Pereira Extends

SnowDragon

Juniors
Good on him!

I know that lots of people here are negative on him, but he has proven in 2018 to be able to do the job. The message from the club is that he is one of a number of wingers to keep pressure on performing. I.e. the young guns need to outperform him if that want a wing spot. Sounds like a solid hard working winger that can play reserves when the others show their class.

Although he had a relatively poor CS match, I reckon it was under a lot of fatigue from training. Let’s see how. Ugh he grows this year!

Again, a good player I want at the club, even if I am happy for others to push him into reserves if they are good enough. Love the attitude on and off he field.

possm

Coach
Good on him!

I know that lots of people here are negative on him, but he has proven in 2018 to be able to do the job. The message from the club is that he is one of a number of wingers to keep pressure on performing. I.e. the young guns need to outperform him if that want a wing spot. Sounds like a solid hard working winger that can play reserves when the others show their class.

Although he had a relatively poor CS match, I reckon it was under a lot of fatigue from training. Let’s see how. Ugh he grows this year!

Again, a good player I want at the club, even if I am happy for others to push him into reserves if they are good enough. Love the attitude on and off he field.

I see Pereira, Saab, Ravalawa and Pearson as the group of wingers in consideration for first grade selections. My preference right now is for Ravalawa and Pearson to be selected on the wing in first grade.

I did not include Masters as I believe he along with Lomax, Lafai and Aitken are the group Mary will draw from for selection in the centres. My preference is for Lomax and Lafai to be selected in the centres to start the season.

getsmarty

Immortal
Jordan Pereira extends Dragons contract
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 11 Mar 2019, 06:44 AM

St George Illawarra winger Jordan Pereira has extended his stay at the Dragons until at least the end of 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

Pereira re-signed with the Dragons for two years in September, but has been rewarded with a further year at the club following another strong pre-season.

Pereira didn't feature in any of the first grade trials 12 months ago, yet now finds himself embedded in the Dragons' NRL side after making his debut against the North Queensland Cowboys in Round 19 last year.

Having travelled to Samoa, Perth and Mackay throughout his sporting career, shoring up his long-term future is another important aspect to Pereira's development that has seen him play nine NRL games so far.

"The long-term future is the key for me. The security is huge for my partner and I. This will open many opportunities for us in the future as far as kids, buying a house and other things we're looking forward to," Pereira said.

"When I arrived at the Dragons, I knew I wasn't ready to play first grade but I knew if I was going to be ready I'd have to become a sponge and soak up all the information of the leaders and coaching staff around me.

"They have been crucial for my development, and the best thing is that I'm still learning."

Pereira's extension now gives the Dragons a real foundation for the club's wingers, according to Dragons Director of Rugby League Pathways and List Management Ian Millward.

"The biggest thing about Jordan is he's been on a fantastic journey and his attitude throughout has been admirable. He has improved significantly in training when you compare his first pre-season to now," Millward said.

"We see nothing but improvement in Jordan as he evolves off the field in his training and also with further experience in the NRL. It's a no-brainer to keep him at the club, considering also his ability."

Pereira's extension follows the recent key reacquisition of Dragons duo Tariq Sims and Matt Dufty.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/03/11/jordan-pereira-extends-dragons-contract/

BennyV

Referee
I find this a very interesting decision.
Agree.
Happy for Jordan, he is all heart and effort and has worked to get this. Really likeable guy.

But in reality, if we want to be winning premiership (and i assume that’s what the club wants, although not guaranteed) then he won’t be in our Top 17.

George Dragon

Juniors
I see Pereira, Saab, Ravalawa and Pearson as the group of wingers in consideration for first grade selections. My preference right now is for Ravalawa and Pearson to be selected on the wing in first grade.

I did not include Masters as I believe he along with Lomax, Lafai and Aitken are the group Mary will draw from for selection in the centres. My preference is for Lomax and Lafai to be selected in the centres to start the season.
Masters and Saab wont be eligible for FG until June 30

Old Timer

Coach
We already had him signed to 2020 so that beggars a couple of questions for me.
  1. Which club was chasing him to force our hand so early?
  2. Who out of our promising juniors and developing players is leaving due to lack of opportunity?
  3. Is Pereira the type of signing we have to have due to the current coach who is probably going to be extended very soon?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
If that dipstick gets extended ,WATCH this forum go into meltdown .a premiership under MARY Is MISSON IMPOSSIBLE. . .... . .

Dragonsamy

Bench
We already had him signed to 2020 so that beggars a couple of questions for me.
  1. Which club was chasing him to force our hand so early?
  2. Who out of our promising juniors and developing players is leaving due to lack of opportunity?
  3. Is Pereira the type of signing we have to have due to the current coach who is probably going to be extended very soon?

OT
I think point 3 is very relevant. Unfortunately but I think that Jordan will be value. Hasn't cost is very much

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Good on you JP. Its interesting that he is always referred to as having a great attitude and development.

Jason Nightingale mark 2.

He will he the first winger chosen, and i am willing to give him the botd just on development.

Lets hope Mika grabs the other wing spot and Lomax moved ti his true position at centre.

The combo of Lafai and Pereira on the left and Lomax and Ravalawa on the right gives us both attacking and defensive capabilities.

Good on you JP. Its interesting that he is always referred to as having a great attitude and development.

He will he the first winger chosen, and i am willing to give him the botd just on development.

Lets hope Mika grabs the other wing spot and Lomax moved ti his true position at centre.

The combo of Lafai and Pereira on the left and Lomax and Ravalawa on the right gives us both attacking and defensive capabilities.
I think he’s extremely humble and grateful for his opportunity

Dragonsamy

Bench

DS
Couldn't agree more with you. But Mary will go with Atkins and Lomax on the wing. I think lomax will shine as centre not as a winger. I hope I'm wrong

Latest posts