What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL app live streams - iphone to TV..?

sheepbender

Juniors
Been awhile since I last posted, had a quick scan of applicable forums for this question, found nothing, and this has the biggest audience, but feel free to shove me elsewhere.. ;)

A mate of mine doesn't have Foxtel which frustrates me no end when he wants to have beers, I have the NRL app & the Foxtel app, and have at times here in Melbourne had to resort to watching games in pubs with these apps..
Hard life this lot down here.
Anyway I'm looking at this cable on ebay, iPhone lightning plug to hdmi with a usb end for power.
Has anyone got one, or used something similar, and does the NRL app block the use of these third party accessories?
I'd expect it to just stream whats on the phone screen, but I don't want to waste the money if others have had trouble with similar things. Also if there are better or more reliable options that don't cost heaps, let me know.

Cheers.

sempmrh

Juniors
If you have the Foxtel app you can also view Foxtel on a browser window. Connect a computer or laptop up to the TV with a HDMI cable and you're all good. You may have to click the notifications button on the bottom right corner of the screen and select "second screen only" under project to get it to work, though. Alternatively, if your friend has a PlayStation, just download the Foxtel app there and log in. Xbox also has a Foxtel app but the last time I checked it was incredibly outdated and still didn't support HD (whereas the PlayStation app does).

I find the PlayStation app can sometimes be unreliable and will need to be closed and reopened but usually it's fine.

GongPanther

Referee
Been awhile since I last posted, had a quick scan of applicable forums for this question, found nothing, and this has the biggest audience, but feel free to shove me elsewhere.. ;)

A mate of mine doesn't have Foxtel which frustrates me no end when he wants to have beers, I have the NRL app & the Foxtel app, and have at times here in Melbourne had to resort to watching games in pubs with these apps..
Hard life this lot down here.
Anyway I'm looking at this cable on ebay, iPhone lightning plug to hdmi with a usb end for power.
Has anyone got one, or used something similar, and does the NRL app block the use of these third party accessories?
I'd expect it to just stream whats on the phone screen, but I don't want to waste the money if others have had trouble with similar things. Also if there are better or more reliable options that don't cost heaps, let me know.

Cheers.
I've had Kayo for a month now. It has all the Foxspots channels with the EXCEPTION of Eurrosport, Skyracing, and the individual soccer channels like Liverpool's..

You can watch replays of anything, including ALL NRL shows during the week, classic matches,and condensed replays for the cricket. And its only $25 per month for 2 devices,ad $35 for 3 devices.And all streams are in HD. :)

I get it on my computer,so I simply extend the display in the computer settings and move it over to my 4K telly whilst I'm on the net at the same time on the computer. Simples.

For more info:
https://kayosports.com.au/

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The NRL app blocks all video output via HDMI etc. ditch it and get Kayo, it’s a far superior app and the price is pretty much the same and has no restrictions on HDMI output etc, works with Chromecast and AppleTV and also works in a browser and full screeen on a tablet.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Yup. Kayo is the way to go. Chrome casting to my TV from my laptop as we speak. No drop outs, clear HD picture and sound.

Cost is almost the same.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yup. Kayo is the way to go. Chrome casting to my TV from my laptop as we speak. No drop outs, clear HD picture and sound.

Cost is almost the same.

You can run on two screens simultaneously too so if you only need one at a time you can do what I do and share a subscription with someone, so I’ve basically got the equivalent of Foxtel sport for $12.50/month.

Diesel

Coach
Signed up to Kayo today, I’m really happy with it, much better than the NRL app, could airplay/screen mirror onto a full screen tv or watch full screen iPad