What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith calls for Salary cap exemption for 300 gamers

Should the NRL have salary cap exemptions?

• Yes

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters

Quicksilver

Bench
Its your choice to stay in the Shire where there is no support...

But when I skip over to the Membership Thread I see we're eighth in the membership count. Sitting above St George too.

I'm not sure I could think of nine better locations in Australia for that all these teams to move to for more support.

But You're the Doctor.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade
Smith is only in the privileged position of being one of the 15 courtesy of the storm's secret contract to keep him. He would have been off to another club otherwise.

Dont limit to one club players, or introduce it but dont give it to direct beneficiaries of salary cap cheating.

But the reason for your lack of TPA's is directly linked to your location and lack of corporate opportunities.
No it isn’t just that, which is a silly comparison when you look at the recently released NRL data.

It’s because of our incompetence to run a clean ship, player behaviour etc. Then when others do stupid shit, it only confirms to potential sponsors to stay away from league and the Sharks.

I’ll add, it doesn’t help that the club appears to be tageted by elements of the media.

unforgiven

Bench
No it isn’t just that, which is a silly comparison when you look at the recently released NRL data.

It’s because of our incompetence to run a clean ship, player behaviour etc. Then when others do stupid shit, it only confirms to potential sponsors to stay away from league and the Sharks.

I’ll add, it doesn’t help that the club appears to be tageted by elements of the media.
Agreed all that plays a role, as does your location and your small catchment area. You are not the only club with this problem. Your location and catchment actually compounds the issues you mentioned because you don't have the support to ride out when the other issues you mentioned arise.

Agreed all that plays a role, as does your location and your small catchment area. You are not the only club with this problem. Your location and catchment actually compounds the issues you mentioned because you don't have the support to ride out when the other issues you mentioned arise.
The club seems to relish the “battlers” self imposed tag. Every time they are in a position to move forward, some new deadshit/s in Management/ leadership roles, does some ridiculously stupid stuff to end up having the club dragged back down.

Why our players stay loyal to the club amazes me.

unforgiven

Bench
The club seems to relish the “battlers” self imposed tag. Every time they are in a position to move forward, some new deadshit/s in Management/ leadership roles, does some ridiculously stupid stuff to end up having the club dragged back down.

Why our players stay loyal to the club amazes me.
Believe me, I know what it is like, Im a Wests Tigers supporter. Cronulla were very lucky to keep their premiership because it appears the only reason they didn't overspend the cap was through poor management of their own cheating. I don't know how many more chances they will be given if they don't sort their mess out.

Believe me, I know what it is like, Im a Wests Tigers supporter. Cronulla were very lucky to keep their premiership because it appears the only reason they didn't overspend the cap was through poor management of their own cheating. I don't know how many more chances they will be given if they don't sort their mess out.
I’d suggest Cronulla would be on zero tolerance

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
We ain't all that bad. Guess we'll have to relocate the 10 teams below us too.

Not sure where all these teams are going to go. Canberra and New Zealand aren't even big enough markets.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/13...ents-public-and-strengthens-contract-process/

If youre not that bad, great. But dont clonplain that others get an advantage because they are in a better location...

You dont need to move ALL the bottom teams.

Every time you take one team out of Sydney, it is THAT much more for the remaining teams.

Gets a huge market to themselves or shared with only one other team. Move to Brisbane/Melbourne and you will steal half of their sponsor money. Go to Perth/Adelaide/ and you get the FULL market to yourself

Sure, youll probably be fine staying in the Shire, but don’t pretend the ARLC owes you an even playing field. It is YOUR choice not to move...

If youre not that bad, great. But dont clonplain that others get an advantage because they are in a better location...

Every time you take one team out of Sydney, it is THAT much more for the remaining teams.

Gets a huge market to themselves or shared with only one other team. Move to Brisbane/Melbourne and you will steal half of their sponsor money. Go to Perth/Adelaide/ and you get the FULL market to yourself

Sure, youll probably be fine staying in the Shire, but don’t pretend the ARLC owes you an even playing field. It is YOUR choice not to move...
You tell em Doc!

My hero

Quicksilver

Bench

That’s not how it would work though.

There’d probably be less Rugby League money in Adelaide than the shire.

Remembering we are 6th in TPAs.

Why doesn’t your team go there? You’re below us in TPAs and members.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Clubs are still spending above their means. Let’s not give them even more opportunity to go bust!