What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Cowboys

jeffdragon

Bench
Ok we’re done for tonight.... it’s round one and better to finish the year with a wet sail then the flapping one from last year... some positives to draw on and negatives to learn from... it will take time for them to click... next week we’ll beat Souths !

If only it were that easy
South's will hammer us in the forwards.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Well, the new spine hasn’t worked tonight for mine. Maybe needs time but I’m not sure.
We really miss JDB’s defence and ball play in the middle. Friz as a middle forward hasn’t worked.We started well but errors and fatigue got to us. Also think we really miss Flo and Nene. Jordan tries hard but lacks speed and Maekela has heart attack hands. Will need to regroup fast or Bunnies will carve us up

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
For all the Ball and field position the Cowboys had tonight (plus the no calls of forward passes) I wouldn't be too happy if I was Paul Green.

getsmarty

Immortal
What kind of idiot puts Zac Lomax in reserves and puts butterfingers Ravalawa on the wing? WTF?

Lomax is not a winger...I'd Drop Aitken and put Lomax in the centres...Pereira right wing, Pearson left.

Personally I'd give Ravalawa a few more weeks...bit tough to drop him after 1 game. Aitken has been doing the same thing for the last 4 seasons....

Last edited:

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
You're right. I forgot about Pearson. He should definitely be in the team and get rid of Aitken/Lafai for Lomax.

This club is really good at turning away young guns and leaving old farts in. How do you think our coach is still here?

carltonsouth79

First Grade
interesting comments from Graham about the new halves combo and taking time to gel- we have seen it work in other sides and Dufty may not always come on late in the game, have to trust in the coaches.... does he? Not sure