What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rationalisation of Sydney

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
tri_colours informed of the 7 out of ten top tv shows were rugby-league in 1995. LEAGUE X111 informed that 6 games were not played back then and that impacted on overall aggregate crowd numbers. But you continue to dribble as if people unawares of your fake information condone/accept your misinformation. You have wasted plenty of people's time and this thread is an example of such toward rugbyleague .Shame on you!

Can I have a link for that 7 out of 10 top TV shows? Lot's of clams, zero evidence.

The 6 games referred to were in 1996 - your claim was that aggregate attendances were higher pre-1997 than in 2018, it seems you are now backtracking and making excuses as to why the aggregate was not higher. The aggregate was higher in 2018 than it was in 1995 and 1994 also.

Wow! really shot down in flames - lol

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Underachievement must be your yardstick!

Once again no reply with any substance, no stats, no data, not addressing the point at all. When you feel like having an actual discussion, make your case with real evidence as to how the game was bigger in the 90's. At the moment you sound like a crusty old Sydney-centric guy that hates women playing RL, hates touch and wants to return to the good ol' days of the NSW RL. The world has moved on.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
You idiot. Membership wasn't in existence in those days. This has been noted before by others but you continue on with your misinformation. You would have to be the most disrespecful and destructive contributor on this website! Astonishingly negative in a smiling assassin way! Your whole thread is negative!

I've already answered that - Memberships have always existed. I had a Broncos membership throughout the 90's.

Stallion

First Grade
lol - because there were more Sydney teams and Tina Turner?

Lol. You are so dumb! There was a WA team and another Brisbane team. Plus I'm sure their would have been progressive moves for a side in Melbourne and other areas. But superleague stuffed that up. Other codes were being overwhelmed by the rugby league juggernaut at the time. Then the Broncos and a greedy uncaring News ltd got involved in ruining the progress! But you can't see this? You are truelly delusional with a penchant for deception and ignorance.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Can I have a link for that 7 out of 10 top TV shows? Lot's of clams, zero evidence.

The 6 games referred to were in 1996 - your claim was that aggregate attendances were higher pre-1997 than in 2018, it seems you are now backtracking and making excuses as to why the aggregate was not higher. The aggregate was higher in 2018 than it was in 1995 and 1994 also.

Wow! really shot down in flames - lol

You are truelly pathetic ! You insult other contributors and then used untested and biased "information " in slanting your destructive and ignorant agenda.

Stallion

First Grade
Once again no reply with any substance, no stats, no data, not addressing the point at all. When you feel like having an actual discussion, make your case with real evidence as to how the game was bigger in the 90's. At the moment you sound like a crusty old Sydney-centric guy that hates women playing RL, hates touch and wants to return to the good ol' days of the NSW RL. The world has moved on.

That was a reply you ignoramus! It's what your time wasting crap deserves.

Stallion

First Grade
I've already answered that - Memberships have always existed. I had a Broncos membership throughout the 90's.

Not the other clubs in 1995! League's club membership but not football club membership as promoted nowadays. Indeed it was a very new concept . So.once again your comparison , so not like for like. It's garbage ! A very key point. But don't let truth get in the way of your garbage stories! The only thing we agree with is that a second Brisbane team should be established in Brisbane in its own right. That's it.
And have you ever heard the term. per capita!? Look it up ! It might enlighten your understanding of comparisons. The term "circumstance" with relevance to a particular point is another aspect when trying to espouse oneself as "being thorough" and appropriate information. I suggest your whole name of this thread is both misleading and fundamentally illogical. Perhaps the word "IRRATIONAL"instead of "Rationalisation ....." should have been used? Much more closer to the thrust of your content and intent.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Not the other clubs in 1995! League's club membership but not football club membership as promoted nowadays. Indeed it was a very new concept . So.once again your comparison , so not like for like. It's garbage ! A very key point. But don't let truth get in the way of your garbage stories! The only thing we agree with is that a second Brisbane team should be established in Brisbane in its own right. That's it.
And have you ever heard the term. per capita!? Look it up ! It might enlighten your understanding of comparisons. The term "circumstance" with relevance to a particular point is another aspect when trying to espouse oneself as "being thorough" and appropriate information. I suggest your whole name of this thread is both misleading and fundamentally illogical. Perhaps the word "IRRATIONAL"instead of "Rationalisation ....." should have been used? Much more closer to the thrust of your content and intent.

Don't be dishonest - clubs have always sold 'season tickets' which are memberships.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
You are truelly pathetic ! You insult other contributors and then used untested and biased "information " in slanting your destructive and ignorant agenda.

And more insults to avoid answering the questions....

I've provided links for all the stats that I've posted in the past, happy to post them again if you would like. There is no bias or slanting - the facts are the facts, that's the beauty of them. I'm assuming they upset you because they don't point towards your theories being true.

Stallion

First Grade
And more insults to avoid answering the questions....

I've provided links for all the stats that I've posted in the past, happy to post them again if you would like. There is no bias or slanting - the facts are the facts, that's the beauty of them. I'm assuming they upset you because they don't point towards your theories being true.

The links are not worth a piece of shit if they are not relevant and accurate! You are not comparing like for like! How consistently dumb!

Pommy

Coach
I haven’t been online much the last few days and I thought to myself I wonder how this thread is going in light of the Greenburg interview.
It’s pretty much exactly as I expected.

Pommy

Coach
I genuinely believe rugby league had more relevance and was more progressive in 1995.

Question how was rugby league more progressive in 1995?
Rugby league has more teams worldwide now, is played at a pro level in at least 6 nations, has a presence in a women’s sport etc.
what metric are you using for progressive?

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I would say there was a feel good factor about the game back then, it attracted the swinging sports fan market. It was trendy. And was growing allover Australia. Had union on the run. Even in England...who are now struggling over there.

Today the game is constantly shrodded in negativity and has been since the super league. That swinging sports fan market has now gone to AFL and union.

Stallion

First Grade
Question how was rugby league more progressive in 1995?
Rugby league has more teams worldwide now, is played at a pro level in at least 6 nations, has a presence in a women’s sport etc.
what metric are you using for progressive?

The Australian competition : NRL as we know it. The flagship competition of the code on a world wide scale. I might add that the international should and could be much more relevant if it gained official international recognition. Thus has been lobbied over many decades by union officials to not happen. Once again union pulling strings to achieve the repression of rugby league in the big picture. The non recognition leads to no government funding to develop /grow rugby league. Fyi.

Pommy

Coach
The Australian competition : NRL as we know it. The flagship competition of the code on a world wide scale. I might add that the international should and could be much more relevant if it gained official international recognition. Thus has been lobbied over many decades by union officials to not happen. Once again union pulling strings to achieve the repression of rugby league in the big picture. The non recognition leads to no government funding to develop /grow rugby league. Fyi.

So it’s not that you believe rugby league is in a worse position today but you do believe Australian rugby league is in a worse position?