What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddy calls to sack Widdop.

BBTB

Juniors
On Thursday night, Brad Fiddler(channel9) called for Mary to send Widdop packing.?

BBTB

Juniors
On Thursday night, Brad Fiddler(channel9) called for Mary to send Widdop packing.?

latemail

Juniors
Not such a bad idea
f**k widdop he’s broken his contract and he’s never delivered when it’s mattered So I say f**k off
let Norman and hunt work up a combination and put dufty at the back

merahputih

Juniors
Rather keep Widdop, play him in his correct position and send Mary packing.
It would be a win win situation but l don't want to start another 'sack McGregor thread' ( we already have enough ) so please ignore my comments.
Judging by a number of recent statements by respected League comentators , Mary' s honeymoon with the media might be coming to an end.

possm

Coach
I also feel it is time to let Widdop go. He is either playing injured or without interest / enthusiasm.

It is clear to me that we now have some big holes in our roster and so the money set aside for Widdop and De Belin should now be used to fill these holes and secure the future of Lomax and Robson.

kit66

Bench

Freddy's good for an occasional funny line but no-one cares for his insights on Channel 9 Ball. He's the wacky sideline guy.
Most Channel 9 commentators suck, Joey contradicts himself weekly, he recently went on about the Wids to fb move like it was a materstroke now he says it's killing the Dragons and if he was a Blues selector we'd have a squad of 45 already. Gus is unbearable, I gladly forgo the pleasure on Hi - Def to switch to Fox to avoid his bs.
Widdop isn't our problem, at 5/8 or fullback, he has to be on the field. We already know what our problems are thanks Freddy.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Freddy's good for an occasional funny line but no-one cares for his insights on Channel 9 Ball. He's the wacky sideline guy.
Most Channel 9 commentators suck, Joey contradicts himself weekly, he recently went on about the Wids to fb move like it was a materstroke now he says it's killing the Dragons and if he was a Blues selector we'd have a squad of 45 already. Gus is unbearable, I gladly forgo the pleasure on Hi - Def to switch to Fox to avoid his bs.
Widdop isn't our problem, at 5/8 or fullback, he has to be on the field. We already know what our problems are thanks Freddy.
Completely agree - Freddie and Joey are bores.

possm

Coach

To be fair, many on here including myself were supporting the idea of Widdop at fullback. I form an opinion early in the trial game against Newcastle that Widdop was playing injured or was protecting his shoulder against re-injuring it before moving on to his new contract.

Widdop was only moved to fullback because Dufty was making a mess of his game through poor defence and lack of confidence when taking a high ball. Well as t turns out, Widdop is no better defensively right now and let some high balls bounce when he could have taken them on the full. More than this he only ran about 16m in round 1 and mostly ran sideways when he took possession of the ball.

It is truly time to let Widdop go and let him prepare his body for his next contract. It is also very important that we use his salary together with De Belin's salary to bolster our squad with experienced to grade players we most urgently need at the moment. One or two games with Dufty at the back will tell us if we need to purchase a new fullback/winger. Again, one or two games with Pearson and Lomax on the right edge will tell us if we need to buy a new centre/winger.

It is very clear we need to buy a high quality backrow forward right now. With K Sims coming into the side, the extent of our problems in our forward pack will become clear however, Leilua is not fit enough to be in the run on side and possibly be on the bench. I do have confidence that we have our prop rotation covered with the likes of our young forwards; Kerr, Timm and Lawrie.

BBTB

Juniors
Widdop is a first class goal kicker.

BBTB

Juniors
Not such a bad idea
f**k widdop he’s broken his contract and he’s never delivered when it’s mattered So I say f**k off
let Norman and hunt work up a combination and put dufty at the back
And so say a lot of us.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Watching Widdop at fullback when the opposition are running at him, he always goes for the intercept rather than take out the ball carrier. Big sign that he does not want to make a high impact tackle.

He is not confident in that shoulder, just wondering if that his reason to go to Super League and pickup one less big contract and minimise the longer term damage.