What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Team List vs Roosters (Friday Night Football)

I ask anyone who is outraged over the Peni incident this. If the media (and therefore the public) never got hold of this story and Peni DID report it to the club, irregardless of if he was required in the top grade or not, how do you think the club would have responded?

Bazal

Post Whore
I ask anyone who is outraged over the Peni incident this. If the media (and therefore the public) never got hold of this story and Peni DID report it to the club, irregardless of if he was required in the top grade or not, how do you think the club would have responded?

Your question is potentially irrelevant because it's based on the assumption that anyone is outraged...

Bazal

Post Whore
I was being a smart arse and you are being pedantic. You know what I mean.

Really? Cos it seemed like you were attempting to create a narrative that insults those who think Peni has been a twat.

I would suggest that, had Peni done the right thing, people who found out would think he was a dickhead with a problem on the piss but at least he had the balls to own up to it. Instead of thinking he's a dickhead with a problem on the piss who, at best, is a weasel and at worst thinks he's bigger than the club.

Why should anyone stand for that sort of rubbish? Anyway this has been done to death now. Some people want our players to be held to a certain level of professionalism, others seemingly don't.

Really? Cos it seemed like you were attempting to create a narrative that insults those who think Peni has been a twat.

I would suggest that, had Peni done the right thing, people who found out would think he was a dickhead with a problem on the piss but at least he had the balls to own up to it. Instead of thinking he's a dickhead with a problem on the piss who, at best, is a weasel and at worst thinks he's bigger than the club.

Why should anyone stand for that sort of rubbish? Anyway this has been done to death now. Some people want our players to be held to a certain level of professionalism, others seemingly don't.
Fair enough. It was a poor choice of words.
Do you tell your employer about ever faux par you make or do you not make any?
I don't see it as weasel behavior.
I agree it's been done to death but this is the first time I put in my 2c worth.
It's a storm in a teacup as far as I'm concerned.

Bazal

Post Whore
Do you tell your employer about ever faux par you make or do you not make any?

Irrelevant to the discussion. It's not relevant to my employer. If I get thrown off a plane, my employer doesn't wake up to my name splashed across the back page, probably wearing their jersey with their name in the headline or the tagline....

Irrelevant to the discussion. It's not relevant to my employer. If I get thrown off a plane, my employer doesn't wake up to my name splashed across the back page, probably wearing their jersey with their name in the headline or the tagline....
It is relevant to the discussion. You can't just dismiss someones point anytime you have no answer for it Baz.
Your question is potentially irrelevant because it's based on the assumption that anyone is outraged...
That's twice now.
What do you think the club would have done in my hypothetical above? Answer that or STFU!

Bazal

Post Whore
It is relevant to the discussion. You can't just dismiss someones point anytime you have no answer for it Baz

Lol.

You can't just dismiss my answer because it doesn't play into your narrative.

How is being kicked off a plane relevant to my employer? What odds would you say there are of me appearing on the back page of the paper, wearing their gear and being openly named in print as their employee?

I am not a professional rugby league player. Therefore me being in this situation is not comparable to Terepo, and it's just a deflection. It's not hard to understand.

That's twice now.
What do you think the club would have done in my hypothetical above? Answer that or STFU!

I did answer it, I just misread it.

The club would probably fine him and move on if he had the nuts to be the first to let them know what happened.

Lol.

You can't just dismiss my answer because it doesn't play into your narrative.

How is being kicked off a plane relevant to my employer? What odds would you say there are of me appearing on the back page of the paper, wearing their gear and being openly named in print as their employee?

I am not a professional rugby league player. Therefore me being in this situation is not comparable to Terepo, and it's just a deflection. It's not hard to understand.

I did answer it, I just misread it.

The club would probably fine him and move on if he had the nuts to be the first to let them know what happened.
He's just a man. Like you and me. He is in the unfortunate scenario where his antics will be reported. That doesn't mean he's not susceptible to being a twit now n then. He hasn't (this time) done anything that is worth crucifixion. That's my opinion and like you said, it's been done to death so we'll just have to disagree to disagree.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Peni hasn't played since last year and he aint that good that he just walks back into the team. Surely he needs a run or two at Wenty.

IFR33K

Coach
I don't care that he didn't inform the club. Whoopdeedoo. He had a few drinks, asked the flight chick for a root and got a bit loud. Who gives a shit? Who hasn't done that? f**king hell.

If the club is serious about changing its culture, than it needs to stamp out these type of players. We need professionalism on and off the field.

We’ve pissed off party boy Norman and KE from the squad. And rightly so.

Latest posts