What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 Vs Broncos

possm

Coach
Lomax has always looked like a fullback to me & I’m sure that’s where he’ll end up this season

I wish Dufty and Aitken only the best for next round's game against the Knights however, I do believe it will only be a short time before one ot these two players lose their place to Lomax. I did say last season that Lomax would be our long term fullback.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Has anyone ever noticed that every Possm post tends to be based on an assumption he had no way of knowing is true or not? Usually accompanied by a list being forced in there

Widdop and Mary had a fight. Widdop definitely wanted a release. X player has Y fitness levels based on my watching him on tele.

Stunning cases of confirmation bias nearly ever post.

Crush

Coach
Has anyone ever noticed that every Possm post tends to be based on an assumption he had no way of knowing is true or not? Usually accompanied by a list being forced in there

Widdop and Mary had a fight. Widdop definitely wanted a release. X player has Y fitness levels based on my watching him on tele.

Possm is entertaining.
He has a wild imagination that's for sure. Ohh, and a distinct dislike of Ian Millward #itsamess

True_Believer

Juniors

What astounds me even more is that people like the posts. Although I guess they could be doing it purely based on entertainment value.

watatank

Coach
The Lomax defusion of that pressure bomb as Brisbane were storming at us, particularly being thrown into the deep end after cooling his heels on the bench for 70 minutes, was actually very special. Would Dufty have taken that so well or let it bounce and just hope. I was surprised to hear McGregor state without review or thought that Dufty would be fullback next week, it's not a professional way for a coach to respond on the spot like that. I think Lomax should be fullback, not sure what to do with Dufty but his speed is seductive so I want him somewhere.

What were you expecting McGregor to say? It's obvious the only reason Dufty hasn't been playing up to this point is because we had Widdop and Norman. We just signed the guy for two years, he's playing.

McGregor has already shown support for Dufty and reluctance to play Lomax (who was all set to play Round 1 on the wing before the Charity Shield). That's not changing next week.

I'm not saying I agree with McGregor btw, I don't really care if Dufty doesn't play next week (or any other week). But we know he will be fullback and that opens the spot up on the bench for Lomax who can cover more positions in the outside backs.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I have been a critic of McInnes on many occasions but last night he was superb and inspirational at times. His defence was brilliant and often punishing, moreover he ran a lot more than usual and proved he can be a forward with impact. Well done mate. It’s strangely satisfying when a player proves you wrong.

My view on McInnes are also well known on this forum.

I am not a fan.

He played well on Thursday night. It was his best performance for the Dragons by a considerable margin, hopefully Cameron can keep it up, His dummy half run straight after Graham’s was match defining as it put Norman in fantastic field position for THAT field goal.

possm

Coach
What were you expecting McGregor to say? It's obvious the only reason Dufty hasn't been playing up to this point is because we had Widdop and Norman. We just signed the guy for two years, he's playing.

McGregor has already shown support for Dufty and reluctance to play Lomax (who was all set to play Round 1 on the wing before the Charity Shield). That's not changing next week.

I'm not saying I agree with McGregor btw, I don't really care if Dufty doesn't play next week (or any other week). But we know he will be fullback and that opens the spot up on the bench for Lomax who can cover more positions in the outside backs.

I'm struggling to understand why a number of forum members write more about what they think is on Mary's mind then writing what they themselves think; each to their own I suppose.

It was well reported that Mary really wanted Hayne as our fullback which means he really thought Dufty needed more development. When the Hayne idea did not work out, Millward and Mary went for Norman as five-eighth and Widdop as fullback - even though many on here disputed this was the plan during the pre-season, it was revealed to be so in round one, two and three, prior to Widdop re-injuring his shoulder. Widdop's lack of form in the first thee rounds I put down to his shoulder injury not being fully healed and this also it seems to be the case.

So, now in bringing Widdop back to play when he was not fully fit has caused the circumstance we are currently in - having a 900k player sitting on the sidelines most probably until season's end. Dufty will be the fullback and he will be judged too early on his suitability as a first grade fullback especially if he drops or fails to go for the high bombs, is cought out of position and if he fails to effect tackles when in the last line of defence.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I'm struggling to understand why a number of forum members write more about what they think is on Mary's mind then writing what they themselves think; each to their own I suppose.

It was well reported that Mary really wanted Hayne as our fullback which means he really thought Dufty needed more development. When the Hayne idea did not work out, Millward and Mary went for Norman as five-eighth and Widdop as fullback - even though many on here disputed this was the plan during the pre-season, it was revealed to be so in round one, two and three, prior to Widdop re-injuring his shoulder. Widdop's lack of form in the first thee rounds I put down to his shoulder injury not being fully healed and this also it seems to be the case.

So, now in bringing Widdop back to play when he was not fully fit has caused the circumstance we are currently in - having a 900k player sitting on the sidelines most probably until season's end. Dufty will be the fullback and he will be judged too early on his suitability as a first grade fullback especially if he drops or fails to go for the high bombs, is cought out of position and if he fails to effect tackles when in the last line of defence.
There's about 3 or 4 examples of confirmation bias in this post alone. You do not know anything about Widdop's shoulder situation. You assume the club rushed him, and not that they received clearance from several doctors and athletic instructors that it was healed. Shoulders do not always return to 100% even when fully healed. Freak accidents happen, and saying this "proves what you always said" about it not being healed is just the purest form of confirmation bias.

Water11

Juniors
Personally, the victory highlighted the ultimate talent amongst the group and their collective goal in playing to their natural ability. We do have a talented squad that is being dismantled by a conceited moron who wants to be celebrated as a wonderful coach. That’s ridiculous and this is where our board have continually dropped the ball, literally.

Anyway, the players as a group have together all thought that they were on target to win last week until the idiot spoke to them as a group at halftime. It obviously inspired them to take control of what they see as their strengths and run with it once another defeat was on the calendar this week.

I still think we’ll display some horrible performances (Anzac day isn’t far away unfortunately), especially as they still have to be reviewed on the idiotic instructions they’re provided, but for me, there is some talent in the players group that comes through once they themselves take control which then the moron takes with a smirking responsibility facial expression at the press conference.

possm

Coach
There's about 3 or 4 examples of confirmation bias in this post alone. You do not know anything about Widdop's shoulder situation. You assume the club rushed him, and not that they received clearance from several doctors and athletic instructors that it was healed. Shoulders do not always return to 100% even when fully healed. Freak accidents happen, and saying this "proves what you always said" about it not being healed is just the purest form of confirmation bias.

It depends on which side of the fence we sit. I predicted such an event with Widdops shoulder after seeing his performance in round 1. You ingnore the obvious for what reason?

I have expressed my opinion and observations from a group of mates, some who have contacts within the Club. And you rely on?

Last edited:

Brutalitops

Juniors
It depends on which side of the fence we sit. I predicted such an event with Widdops shoulder after seeing his performance in round 1. You ingnore the obvious for what reason?

I have express my opinion and observations from a group of mates, some who have contacts within the Club. And you rely on?
I rely on critical reasoning and not making assumptions based on very little.

It's far more likely the club was given every green flag to go ahead with playing Widdop. What would they have gained by rushing him without proper healing?

possm

Coach
Possm you've been long one of the best posters on this forum, but you do not know better than high performance staff, doctors and Widdop himself by judging based on internet/tv articles and footage

If you have reports from the above people and believe it to be correct than go for it, believe it however, the proof is in the pudding. It is a fact that Widdop played very tentatively early on and his shoulder gave way in round 3. There is no more to say because it is now history.

I've seen enough from the officials of SGI over recent years to form the opinion that they are full of lies and spin. I'd say it is very hard for most fans that closely follow the Dragons to believe most things said by club officials.

Can you imagine if Millward came out saying that we have talled Widdop in staying a year longer than he wanted even though his shoulder is not as yet quite right and even though there were no first grade ready outside backs recruited but instead we signed Widdop's replacement for next season.

It is a Mess and will continue to be a Mess until we get professional people running our club.

Brutalitops

Juniors
If you have reports from the above people and believe it to be correct than go for it, believe it however, the proof is in the pudding. It is a fact that Widdop played very tentatively early on and his shoulder gave way in round 3. There is no more to say because it is now history.

I've seen enough from the officials of SGI over recent years to form the opinion that they are full of lies and spin. I'd say it is very hard for most fans that closely follow the Dragons to believe most things said by club officials.

Can you imagine if Millward came out saying that we have talled Widdop in staying a year longer than he wanted even though his shoulder is not as yet quite right and even though there were no first grade ready outside backs recruited but instead we signed Widdop's replacement for next season.

It is a Mess and will continue to be a Mess until we get professional people running our club.
We've received heads up from posters in the know on this very forum Widdop's shoulder was ready to go. Not that this matters. The simple fact is doctors would not have allowed him to take the field if it wasn't ready.

His shoulder was screwed again because the nature of a shoulder dislocation means the shoulder is never the same even when healed 100%. You are simply wrong to even suggest the "spin doctors" at our club somehow got to the actual doctors and performance staff to fast track his return.

You know nothing of what it is like to mentally return from a repeat injury like a shoulder dislocation. Not to mention being moved out of position. All more likely scenarios explaining Widdop's tentativeness than the shoulder not being healed enough.

possm

Coach
We've received heads up from posters in the know on this very forum Widdop's shoulder was ready to go. Not that this matters. The simple fact is doctors would not have allowed him to take the field if it wasn't ready.

His shoulder was screwed again because the nature of a shoulder dislocation means the shoulder is never the same even when healed 100%. You are simply wrong to even suggest the "spin doctors" at our club somehow got to the actual doctors and performance staff to fast track his return.

You know nothing of what it is like to mentally return from a repeat injury like a shoulder dislocation. Not to mention being moved out of position. All more likely scenarios explaining Widdop's tentativeness than the shoulder not being healed enough.

Sorry my good forum friend but you know nothing about me and my football injuries. I still suffer from my own shoulder injury and my broken collar bone injury suffered during my junior football days - 17/18 yr old. I am turning 65 this year.