What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nick Politis and Roosters Wealth

I'm sure there is a succession plan, the board is made up of rich blokes.

But.
It's impossible to believe that the Roosters next Chairman will have to same devotion to the club and the area, the drive to succeed, and football nous to deliver it.

Think what you will about the Roosters accounting but Politis is the most successful administrator in Rugby League by a very long margin. Brilliant man.

If it is out of the current Board Members to succeed Nick Politis as Chair, I'd suspect only Scott Benetts and probably Luke Ricketson would be out of the running. Bennetts is on the board, but is an employee of the club, whilst Ricko doesn't have the business connections the other members do.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
If it is out of the current Board Members to succeed Nick Politis as Chair, I'd suspect only Scott Benetts and probably Luke Ricketson would be out of the running. Bennetts is on the board, but is an employee of the club, whilst Ricko doesn't have the business connections the other members do.

Phillip Ronald Gould has a lot of connections and a past association with the Roosters.

siv

First Grade
Money won't be the issue.

1 will be how it's used - Politis' intuition and influence on football matters is remarkable for a bloke who's presumably never even played the game.

2 will be preserving the identity of the club. Some might criticise for the 2 name changes through the 90s, but that aside the club has been a constant icon of Rugby League and Eastern Sydney since 1908. Will a new boss think relocation is in fact a better option? A mascot change to something a bit edgier and modern than an old Rooster?

3 a controversial one, but preserving the integrity of the club. Again, say what you will... but for all the rumours, there's never been a shred of proof, not even a whiff of smoke regarding foul play at the Roosters. If Politis plays the game dodgy, he does it smart enough that no one's blown a whistle in 40 years. Maybe the next boss or the one after is more along the lines of a Brian Waldron or Scott Seward? Who knows.

Guess it will depend if

- UK change their colours
- French change their national emblem

Since Easts copied both

Or the Bulldogs or Tigers come up with another marketing name that Easts can copy

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I tell you what, that SCG better be packed to the f**king rafters tomorrow night because if it's not, I am calling bullshit on all this self felating rubbish.

D3-S2kzi-UIAA8y6p.jpg

Figured as much. Fake gypsies.

Mr Spock!

Referee
pitch-invader-sydney-roosters_139hdguhcu31r1pwgpge1fi8e7.jpg

Even the roosters physio had better defence than the broncos.

Crowd reflects the standard of the comp and the crowd making their own entertainment.

Generalzod

Immortal
You could think with all that wealth Nick would give away free tickets...lol

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
Well bugger me! Just this morning I was thinking we needed more Roosters threads on this forum

We kinda do now mate. Where have their 2 fans and 20 alts on this forum gone.

When the fish John West rejects turns into a shark and eats the merkin...