What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 Vs Titans

Panther Mick

Juniors
Time to shine boys and get those attacking plays in order.
The Titans will be desperate and tricky to beat up there, but if we are fair dinkum and can hang on to the bloody ball we will win.

Bob

Juniors
I’d like to see Luai on the bench.

Hopefully if he is picked, Edwards redeems himself!

Maybe buy him some of this stuff cause what he’s using ain’t working

Gecko Grip is a specifically formulated sports grip designed to assist in providing complete control when either taking possession or disposing of the ball by hand or foot.

upload_2019-4-8_14-24-34.jpeg

mxlegend99

Referee
well Ivan doesn't drop anyone so hardly surprising
Edwards scoring that try was no doubt a stay of execution. Wasn't much work to be done really. But it was still a decent try.

It was good seeing Cleary, Maloney and Blake draw their opponents in to create the space. Its a basic play. But we got it right finally. We built pressure to get that set right too. Early kicks the 2 sets before to test them out and force drop outs. Not sure why it took 76 minutes to plan that way and execute it correctly. Both halves forced drop outs kicking both sides of the posts. That had to help us on the set we scored from.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Geckogrip will be needed.

Amazing this team still hasn't completed their sets well in 4 games. As simple as it gets.

franklin2323

Immortal
Edwards scoring that try was no doubt a stay of execution. Wasn't much work to be done really. But it was still a decent try.

It was good seeing Cleary, Maloney and Blake draw their opponents in to create the space. Its a basic play. But we got it right finally. We built pressure to get that set right too. Early kicks the 2 sets before to test them out and force drop outs. Not sure why it took 76 minutes to plan that way and execute it correctly. Both halves forced drop outs kicking both sides of the posts. That had to help us on the set we scored from.

Ivan doesn't drop guys when he should. That is my biggest criticism of him. The only change to the 17 will be Fuimaono in for Winterstein. May not even change DWZ and Edwards numbers. Just lineup different on Friday.

We need to do the same with the halves not on the same side. Then that will create doubt and help the scoring

Panfa

Juniors
The nrl has invested a fair amount of money on the titans i can guarantee you 1 thing the refs will not be generous to us on friday night.As the only team not to win a game this yr they will be doing there best to get them home.We need to be on song from the 1st whistle attack defence discipline especially.Titans will be fielding there strongest 17 this week they are a much better team than there position on the ladder and garth is under enormous pressure to win.As for our guys we need to put back to back wins together and start climbing the ladder this is our best chance to do that.

Sime_11

Juniors
Peach will have a blinder - and we'll all get depressed that he's no longer a panthers player

Palms

Juniors
So will Aekins ever get another crack? I can understand Luai sticking around for next year but Aekins has no clear path.

mxlegend99

Referee
Peach will have a blinder - and we'll all get depressed that he's no longer a panthers player
Peach and Carty will both wanna have big games. Staring at 5 losses to start the season I think Titans will be trying harder every week to win. Rein and Gordon will no doubt lift too. Flash always seems to be good against us.

This game won't be easy despite the Titans position on the ladder. We havent been playing much better

Exsilium

First Grade
This won’t be an easy game.

Their forwards haven’t been too bad this year. It’s their lack of creativity and backline speed that’s killed any attack.

I think titans get up by 8

martielang

Bench
Yeh I'm worried about this game too tbh, especially if they start Brimson at fullback which surely they will.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeh I'm worried about this game too tbh, especially if they start Brimson at fullback which surely they will.
They gave Souths a run for their money without Taylor and Roberts. Last week was only their first match together so they should improve with that run.

Titans have a pretty handy roster. Good forward pack, good halves, some attacking potential in the backs. Home ground advantage, former Panthers wanting to lift against us. They have lots to motivate them... although avoiding 5 losses in a row would be thr biggest motivator.

I think we will win a close game. But I wouldn't be shocked if we lost. Our form is barely better

Latest posts