What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

Valheru

Coach
That was so f**king lame. A tag team that had done f**k all for six months and had no reason for interfereing randomly get involved without explanation.

f**k the WWE. What a way to destroy the momentum they built up last night.

Deleting the network as we speak and I’m done with raw/smackdown. The sabbatical begins!

Why would you delete the network?

Their tape library is well worth the monthly fee without worrying about the current product.

Why would you delete the network?

Their tape library is well worth the monthly fee without worrying about the current product.

I agree, but trust me when I say I’ve seen a helluva lot of the content on the network :rofl:

Secondly, I don’t feel like financially rewarding them when they’ve delivered absolute trash for the last two years. f**k them, I’d rather give $15 a month to AEW

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I understand that.

I was re-watching wCw, but got tired of a) current product not being upto date (I'm talking RAW/SD not PPVs) and b) quality of current product.

Yes there is alot of great things to watch, I can't deny that. However with my growing watch list on netflix, video games and real life getting in the way, I've never really looked back since....

There is a lot of good wrestling out there. You can get ROH free on the FITE TV app, Impact has been excellent and is free on Twitch, AEW is just around the corner, and the local WSW puts on a good show live.

Big Pete

Referee
Takeover was excellent in every match with the womans title match the only one dipping below excellence whilst i also skipped over dunne/walter. I have only watched three walter matches and he just seems like some flabby drunk uncle that wants to wrestle people at christmas...but i have been wrong before.

Mania was a lot better than i expected although i skipped balor/lashley, hhh/batista, angle/korbin, reigns/mcintyre. battle Royals were horribly booked but the rest of the matches were great and i even fist pumped when kofi won. The main event finish felt so flat just like the end of the charlotte/sasha hell in a cell finish. Great effort from the ladies but needed another 10 minutes build i think.

Raw - again was a great show..until the unfathomable ending..

I actually thought Raw was pretty blah all around.

I thought it started on a good note with Rollins explaining Brock's disappearance and the build up for the main event between Kofi Kingston & Seth Rollins. Normally you'd dismiss that type of announcement since they'd never give away such a huge match on television, but the company is so desperate for ratings and it was Wrestlemania weekend that it actually made sense.

Then they opened up with a rematch from Wrestlemania that didn't really advance anything. I enjoy both Ryder and Hawkins, but feel like they're better characters than in-ring wrestlers. There was a better way of getting them onto the show then have them spend 15 minutes working a match. I'm also bitterly disappointed that Dash Wilder wasn't rewarded for his exploits at the Hall of Fame. They didn't have to put the belts back on them, but give Dash a nice victory over somebody just as a wink and a nod to the smark fans that were there.

The Alexa Bliss-Bayley match was a waste of everybody.

I can understand why the WWE are really high on Lacey Evans because she has a brilliant background and really looks the part. However the way they're built her up has done her no favours and it feels like a terrible waste of Becky. It reminds me of when they put Daniel Bryan with Big Cass, who's benefitting here? There were so many opponents they could have put Becky with. Sasha Banks, Nia Jaxx, Asuka etc. would have all had stronger claims. The fact they had Becky basically no-sell her finish in the opening segment really shows how much thought they put into it. Lacey hit Becky with her best shot...and nothing.

Speaking of new faces, Lars Sullivan was given the dime a dozen monster debut. The WWE have done nothing to separate him from the pack. Put him with Corbin, make him an Author of Pain do something other than making him a dime a dozen guy.

The tag team match between the teams of Gable & Roode & Ricochet & Black was good and that's a fair use of both guys but neither of these teams really matter on the show. Sure inside the tag division they've done well, but as characters on the show, it's not like they're on an arc or have anything interesting going on. Gable being Roode's mini-me feels like such a waste, if it was my call, he'd be the Universal Champion.

Again, Sami-Finn was the highlight for me, if only because Sami cut an authentic promo that felt believable and it has me curious where he's going with all of this. I hope it isn't some RTC type of deal, but if he can change up his ring-game and stop hitting all these big flashy moves it could be a game changer for him.

The Dean Ambrose segment was odd and suggests to me that the WWE want to keep the door open while he sorts himself out. Personally, I'm fine with Ambrose leaving and if he wants to continue wrestling, I hope it's outside the WWE. Outside of The Shield, it just wasn't a good fit. I was a fan of Lashley in TNA, but the WWE have absolutely destroyed his character. The only person who is benefitting is Lio Rush and I don't have any faith in the WWE keeping him over outside of Lashley.

And the main event was what it was. If they were going to have somebody come out and ruin the occassion it needed to be a new tag team that the crowd cared about. If it was The Undisputed Era it would have been great and instantly Raw has a hot program with Rollins taking on Cole. What they went with was so disrespectful to the audience and honestly a waste of Cesaro/Sheamus who both deserve better.

All in all, I thought it was a recap show and just a way for the WWE to kill time and come down from that slog of a Wrestlemania.

Parra Pride

Coach
I actually thought Raw was pretty blah all around.

I thought it started on a good note with Rollins explaining Brock's disappearance and the build up for the main event between Kofi Kingston & Seth Rollins. Normally you'd dismiss that type of announcement since they'd never give away such a huge match on television, but the company is so desperate for ratings and it was Wrestlemania weekend that it actually made sense.

Then they opened up with a rematch from Wrestlemania that didn't really advance anything. I enjoy both Ryder and Hawkins, but feel like they're better characters than in-ring wrestlers. There was a better way of getting them onto the show then have them spend 15 minutes working a match. I'm also bitterly disappointed that Dash Wilder wasn't rewarded for his exploits at the Hall of Fame. They didn't have to put the belts back on them, but give Dash a nice victory over somebody just as a wink and a nod to the smark fans that were there.

The Alexa Bliss-Bayley match was a waste of everybody.

I can understand why the WWE are really high on Lacey Evans because she has a brilliant background and really looks the part. However the way they're built her up has done her no favours and it feels like a terrible waste of Becky. It reminds me of when they put Daniel Bryan with Big Cass, who's benefitting here? There were so many opponents they could have put Becky with. Sasha Banks, Nia Jaxx, Asuka etc. would have all had stronger claims. The fact they had Becky basically no-sell her finish in the opening segment really shows how much thought they put into it. Lacey hit Becky with her best shot...and nothing.

Speaking of new faces, Lars Sullivan was given the dime a dozen monster debut. The WWE have done nothing to separate him from the pack. Put him with Corbin, make him an Author of Pain do something other than making him a dime a dozen guy.

The tag team match between the teams of Gable & Roode & Ricochet & Black was good and that's a fair use of both guys but neither of these teams really matter on the show. Sure inside the tag division they've done well, but as characters on the show, it's not like they're on an arc or have anything interesting going on. Gable being Roode's mini-me feels like such a waste, if it was my call, he'd be the Universal Champion.

Again, Sami-Finn was the highlight for me, if only because Sami cut an authentic promo that felt believable and it has me curious where he's going with all of this. I hope it isn't some RTC type of deal, but if he can change up his ring-game and stop hitting all these big flashy moves it could be a game changer for him.

The Dean Ambrose segment was odd and suggests to me that the WWE want to keep the door open while he sorts himself out. Personally, I'm fine with Ambrose leaving and if he wants to continue wrestling, I hope it's outside the WWE. Outside of The Shield, it just wasn't a good fit. I was a fan of Lashley in TNA, but the WWE have absolutely destroyed his character. The only person who is benefitting is Lio Rush and I don't have any faith in the WWE keeping him over outside of Lashley.

And the main event was what it was. If they were going to have somebody come out and ruin the occassion it needed to be a new tag team that the crowd cared about. If it was The Undisputed Era it would have been great and instantly Raw has a hot program with Rollins taking on Cole. What they went with was so disrespectful to the audience and honestly a waste of Cesaro/Sheamus who both deserve better.

All in all, I thought it was a recap show and just a way for the WWE to kill time and come down from that slog of a Wrestlemania.

I agree with everything you’ve said here except the Undisputed Era part, teams and stables getting the call up from NXT are basically guaranteed to cop shit booking and end up being left in obscurity. It would be a damn shame if the Undisputed Era copped that. Also I really want to see them hold all the NXT belts before any call ups.

There is a lot of good wrestling out there. You can get ROH free on the FITE TV app, Impact has been excellent and is free on Twitch, AEW is just around the corner, and the local WSW puts on a good show live.

ROH is something I’ve always been curious about, but never actually got around to watching outside of the odd match or joint show they do with NJPW. The absolute shit show they put on for their half of the mania show pretty much killed off any desire I had to give them a go now though.

Big Pete

Referee
I agree with everything you’ve said here except the Undisputed Era part, teams and stables getting the call up from NXT are basically guaranteed to cop shit booking and end up being left in obscurity. It would be a damn shame if the Undisputed Era copped that. Also I really want to see them hold all the NXT belts before any call ups.

Ideally, I would never have booked myself into that corner to begin with. However, when the idea is that you're going to do a champion vs. champion match you've got to have this huge surprise run in that the crowd cares about and sets your next big angle in motion. The Undisputed Era is the hottest act they've got on their roster and can easily give Seth a huge program leading all the way to SummerSlam.

Otherwise, don't do the angle. Do Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose one last time for the WWE Championship. Give Deano a proper send off and then next week you can set something up. Whether it's AJ Styles vs. Seth Rollins at Money in the Bank or Braun Strowman vs. Seth Rollins.

Anyone but the Bar being treated like mugs.

mackdadday

Juniors
I can’t stand the bar. I like Cesaro but they have zero chemistry and neither could pull off a promo to save their life

Couldn't agree more. I always give them the old fast forward...Same with Lashley, Balor (can't stand his finisher), Bayley and Banks, Crews, Corbin, Brooks, Nia, Tamina, Reigns. I always give Rollins promos a skip because they are so generic. Not a big fan of Owens using the stunner either.

I love Antonio Cesaro (they need two names FFS!!!). And while I’m not the biggest Sheamus fan, he is a good upper-mid card heel. They are definitely better in singles, unless they want to bring up Ohno to team with Cesaro.

Completely forgot about MLW Fusion on YouTube. Great show with great commentary (was Rich Boccinni & Tony Schiovane, now Boccinni & Jim Cornette). Just had their Battle Riot special, very good fun. Also probably the only promotion with a true heel faction called Contra Unit (Jacob Fatu, Josef Samuel, and Simon Gotch).

The Bar are probably two guys who are never going to be the top guys, but they're both solid workers. Their work as a tag team probably has them more relevant than they would be as singles competitors, and based on their matches with the Hardys, New Day & Usos they're a fantastic tag team.

Big Pete

Referee
The problem with the Bar is that tag team wrestling is undervalued in Pro Wrestling, so while they maybe one of the better acts on the show, in terms of hierarchy they'd be lucky to be the 10th most important act on the show.

In fact, let's go through SmackDown and count all the acts infront of them.

Daniel Bryan
Rowan
Shane McMahon
Miz
Becky Lynch
Charlotte Flair
AJ Styles
Randy Orton
Kofi Kingston
Xavier Woods
Big E
Kevin Owens
Samoa Joe
Jeff Hardy
Rey Mysterio
Mustafa Ali
Jimmy Uso
Jey Uso

There's even an argument for R-Truth and Carmella given how actively they're featured on the show. I could be forgetting others as well, but it's hard to get invested in those characters when the WWE is actively taking them for granted.

In hindsight, they should have gone their seperate ways after they lost to a 10 year old at Wrestlemania. Break them up, send Cesaro to NXT UK where he can be the star of the show and get people to watch and make Sheamus a Live Event guy. Sheamus can be that jobber to the stars act on Live Events and if you need a guy to occassionally fill in for a mid-card program on Raw or SmackDown you can call him in and he'll deliver in the ring.

Big Pete

Referee
The problem with the Bar is that tag team wrestling is undervalued in Pro Wrestling, so while they maybe one of the better acts on the show, in terms of hierarchy they'd be lucky to be the 10th most important act on the show.

I just wanted to expand on this, when tag team wrestling mattered in Pro Wrestling, it was because they were allowed to be the most action packed match on the cards. In the 80s when you have the British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation, The Killer Bees, The Brain Busters etc. they stood out because they were given the most time in the ring and worked at a higher rate. It made sense because the work back then was a lot more character focused, it wasn't about putting on the best matches, it was more about the psychology of the characters. Jake Roberts didn't have that many great matches in the WWF, but it didn't make a lick of difference because he was able to use his matches to get his personality over.

Nowadays, everybody works such an athletic style that tag team wrestling has lost that edge.

Parra Pride

Coach
Teams like the Usos and The New Day show that tag teams can be very relevant if WWE just gives them some spotlight. Unfortunately the WWE seem more interested in using the tag team division as a way to give singles wrestlers some to do when they have nothing else for them, sometimes that works and that’s how we ended up with the New Day and The Bar in the first place, then other times it means we have people like Bobby Roode being wasted anyway when he could be a genuine fresh face in the main event scene of either show.

I love Antonio Cesaro (they need two names FFS!!!). And while I’m not the biggest Sheamus fan, he is a good upper-mid card heel. They are definitely better in singles, unless they want to bring up Ohno to team with Cesaro.

Unfortunately Ohno is just that guy who jobs to the “hottest free agent” on NXT now.

Rhyno

First Grade
Couldn't agree more. I always give them the old fast forward...Same with Lashley, Balor (can't stand his finisher), Bayley and Banks, Crews, Corbin, Brooks, Nia, Tamina, Reigns. I always give Rollins promos a skip because they are so generic. Not a big fan of Owens using the stunner either.
They should of gave Becky the stunner finisher she is already a poor rip off stone cold why not steal the stunner as well

Big Pete

Referee
Unfortunately Ohno is just that guy who jobs to the “hottest free agent” on NXT now.

That's exactly where he should be.

Hero doesn't exactly have the biggest personality, he's just a nice guy who happens to be a huge wrestling nerd. He basically looks like Dave Taylor nowadays, so being among the reserves and helping them construct good matches is a fantastic role for him.

mackdadday

Juniors
Nothing says 'men pretending to be vikings' than 'the Viking Experience'.

Vince must have blown a back gasket when the usos name came up two minutes before they made their appearance.

Latest posts