What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Sharks

Abacus

Juniors
1. Aekins
2. DWZ - never seen a FB run so hard into defenders so consistently without breaking the line. He's a winger.
3. Whare (unless we have a better option - not sure a reserve grade 2nd rower is it. Happy to hear options).
4. Blake
5. MWZ - Mansour is short and slow. Time to move on.
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
13. Sele
12. Cartwright - assuming Yeo is out.
11. Kikau
10. JFH
9. Katoa
8. Tamou

14. Egan
15. Leota
16. Ellis
17. Fuimaono

I can't pick RCG after his pea-hearted effort against the Titans. Need a 2nd hooker until Katoa gets fit (if ever).

Bob

Juniors
1. Aekins
2. DWZ - never seen a FB run so hard into defenders so consistently without breaking the line. He's a winger.
3. Whare (unless we have a better option - not sure a reserve grade 2nd rower is it. Happy to hear options).
4. Blake
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
13. Sele
11. Kikau
10. JFH
9. Katoa
8. Tamou

14. Egan
15. Leota
16. Ellis
17. Fuimaono

I can't pick RCG after his pea-hearted effort against the Titans. Need a 2nd hooker until Katoa gets fit (if ever).

1. Aekins
2. I’d go Matheson Johns or Brent Naden
3. Whare (unless we have a better option - not sure a reserve grade 2nd rower is it. Happy to hear options).D.W.Z or M.W.Z
4. Blake
5. MWZ or DWZ- Mansour is short and slow. Time to move on.
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
13. Sele
12. Ellis
11. Kikau
10. JFH
9. Katoa
8. Tamou

14. Egan
15. Leota
16. Grant (Couldn’t be worse than RCG)
17. Cartwright

Tronald Crump

Juniors
We are way over due for a win against the Sharks.
We won't get a better chance to beat them this week with all their injuries.
All we need is a good solid performance for 80 minutes.

Abacus

Juniors
1. Aekins
2. I’d go Matheson Johns or Brent Naden
3. Whare (unless we have a better option - not sure a reserve grade 2nd rower is it. Happy to hear options).D.W.Z or M.W.Z
4. Blake
5. MWZ or DWZ- Mansour is short and slow. Time to move on.
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
13. Sele
12. Ellis
11. Kikau
10. JFH
9. Katoa
8. Tamou

14. Egan
15. Leota
16. Grant (Couldn’t be worse than RCG)
17. Cartwright
Not sure we can play Naden or Johns as they aren't in our 30 man squad. Otherwise generally agree with your team.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I think we will win this. No Moylan is huge. Graham and Woods also out. Gallen and Fifita in doubt.

For a squad already operating under the cap due to penalties, having that much experience out is huge.

age.s

First Grade
I've stopped believing where the Sharks are concerned. I know they've got big outs but I've just been conditioned that way over several years now.

My head says we looked better in a number of areas this weekend and I'm cautiously optimistic.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I think we will win this. No Moylan is huge. Graham and Woods also out. Gallen and Fifita in doubt.

For a squad already operating under the cap due to penalties, having that much experience out is huge.
I remember a couple of years ago Sharks had there best players playing Origin. We were at home and were expected to win easily. True to form we lost.

The Sharks just seem to have it over us and the way we are playing I have little confidence that things will change this week.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't think there will be wholesale changes and neither should there be. Yeo needs to be replaced, if Jed comes in it will be on the bench. He looks almost ready but we all know what IC is like when debuting players. Ellis really wasn't very good in reserve grade, and nor was Hetherington. I'd be tempted to try RCG in the second row. I'd also re-unite Kikau and Blake.

Panfa

Juniors
Even with all those guys out sharks will win we will fumble our way to another loss and refs will blow the pea out of the whistle against us.

Saw someone on FB say they talked to Tim Grant today and he said he, MWZ and Egan were all rested from NSW Cup in case they were needed for the NRL game on Thursday since it'd be a short turnaround. I think we all knew this but would think that pretty much confirms no Aekins this week.

martielang

Bench
1. Aekins
4. Blake
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
13. Sele
11. Kikau
10. JFH
9. Katoa
8. Tamou

14. Egan
15. Leota
16. Ellis
17. Fuimaono

Like this side but I'd still go with Mansour on the wing & Fui starting, Cartwright on the bench.

kinghippo

Juniors
Everything points to the team being the same this week but let’s brain storm to help our club.
Pick a team , reality is not needed and keep it light hearted.
It’s time for full scale panic and changes!
What crazy teams can the couch coaches put together.

1 Luai ( he needs to be in the team, may struggle a bit to start with but could spark some attack)
2 Mwz( Mansour mojo may return when his beard gets back to normal)
3 Cartwright
4 Blake
5 DWZ
6 Maloney
7 Cleary
8 Tamou 9 katoa
10 Ellis / Grant ( just need a solid 20 out of them)
11 Kikau 12 yeo / sele
13 JFH

14 fuimano 15 RCG 16 Leota 17 Sele / Martin

Other crazy ideas include Cleary to 1 or 9 to get luai in and the craziest of all a crashball team with Blake at 1 and fuimano Cartwright in the centres. Bash our way over the line when you have no speed or finesse!

TheFrog

Coach
DWZ
Mansour
Blake
Whare
Edwards
Maloney
Cleary
Tamou
Katoa
Leota
Kikau
Sele
JFH

Egan
Fuimaiono
RCG
Grant

Panther Mick

Juniors
if Cleary doesn't drop 3 players (RCG, Edwards, Mansour for me) then he's soft

Unfortunately I can't see any changes this week apart from injury affect changes.
I think the Frog is close to the mark with the side Ivan will name.