What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonga v NZ Tickets on sale - Those ticket prices but

Burns

First Grade
https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=KIWITONG19

Still no kick off time for either the Mens or Womens game.

One thing is the price of tickets:

Platinum - $76.35
Platinum Uncovered - $71.35
Gold - $66.35
Gold Covered - $61.35

These above only options tickets for 'Adult' only, with no Family or Child options. These cover every bay in the Western and Eastern Grandstand other than the bottom left and right bays.

The Southern Stand offers Family etc, and is $35 for an adult; $76 for a family of 4.
Is this too expensive? Or we just looking to maximise return on what may become a new high revenue stream for the NZRL?

Are we overestimating the Tongan fans to pack out Mt Smart Stadium on 22 June? You would want to hope that JT, Fifita etc are playing for Tonga to give them a chance of staying in touch with NZ etc.

yakstorm

First Grade
Kick off times are in this release: https://nzrl.co.nz/kiwi-ferns-to-face-fetu-samoa-in-womens-test-as-part-of-double-header/

Gates at Mt Smart Stadium will open at 4pm on June 22 with the Kiwi Ferns-Fetu Samoa match kicking off at 5pm.

The Oceania Cup opener between the New Zealand Kiwis and Mate Ma‘a Tonga will kick off at 7.30pm.

As for pricing, it does feel excessive, however I guess we'll have a pretty good idea by mid-next week. I hope it is on the money, and we sell out this game. It would be embarrassing if we struggle to get much more than 10K to the game simply because we priced out the fans.

Burns

First Grade
So that will be a 5:30 game here in Australia then?
Will probably clash with the Lebanon v PNG game in Sydney.

Anything less than a sell out will be a failure to be honest.

adamkungl

Immortal
Prices don't look too bad.
$40 in the corner stands, $30 in the south stand or $20 on the north hill. I think charging more than 50 for grandstand seats for a game that is an expected sell-out is fair enough.

This is a Test Match after all

Burns

First Grade
Prices don't look too bad.
$40 in the corner stands, $30 in the south stand or $20 on the north hill. I think charging more than 50 for grandstand seats for a game that is an expected sell-out is fair enough.

This is a Test Match after all
Totally totally agree. Hope it doesn’t backfire because once people are used to paying $50+ for a seat, it’ll become custom.

yakstorm

First Grade
So that will be a 5:30 game here in Australia then?
Will probably clash with the Lebanon v PNG game in Sydney.

It will be interesting to see how they juggle this... Technically both Nine & Fox hold the rights to the 'Pacific Tests' and whilst Nine might forgo the Tonga v NZ match, I can't imagine Fox would be happy with a double up... (delayed content is dead content in PayTV, and they won't want games going head to head)

Maybe it's why the Leichhardt match is still all TBCs... They might try and move the Women's game to that time slot, so play Fiji v Lebanon at 3:30pm, Fiji v PNG Womens at 5:30pm and then Samoa v PNG at 7:30pm.

Pommy

Coach
I don’t think the ticket prices are bad. I do think rugby league undersells itself more often than now.
Sporting events worldwide are typically not cheap things to attend and currently that only applies to the GF and Origin in league in the Southern Hemisphere.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
I don't know how this sport constantly finds itself in this situation where they manage to clash an extremely small amount of international content.
It really is incredible, isn't it?

The NZ match could have kicked off at say, 530pm, which would have been 330pm in Sydney … good lead in to the other two events.

Mind you, Tonga v NZ is, to me, a MUST-SEE game, and the best/most anticipated of all 3 men's games, so 330pm is not good … PLUS I'd have thought it's a MUST for Ch 9 …

Burns

First Grade
Tickets are now on general sale. Will be interesting to see how fast they move.

yakstorm

First Grade
Positive signs so far...
  • Middle Upper Bay 39 - Sold Out
  • Middle Lower Bay 30 - Down to Single Seats
  • Bays 34 (Corner) and 22 (Southern) down to very limited seats
Not sure if Corner Bays 1, 9, 43 and 35 are sold out, or if they have just been removed. Hopefully they have been sold.

Stallion

First Grade
https://premier.ticketek.co.nz/shows/show.aspx?sh=KIWITONG19

Still no kick off time for either the Mens or Womens game.

One thing is the price of tickets:

Platinum - $76.35
Platinum Uncovered - $71.35
Gold - $66.35
Gold Covered - $61.35

These above only options tickets for 'Adult' only, with no Family or Child options. These cover every bay in the Western and Eastern Grandstand other than the bottom left and right bays.

The Southern Stand offers Family etc, and is $35 for an adult; $76 for a family of 4.
Is this too expensive? Or we just looking to maximise return on what may become a new high revenue stream for the NZRL?

Are we overestimating the Tongan fans to pack out Mt Smart Stadium on 22 June? You would want to hope that JT, Fifita etc are playing for Tonga to give them a chance of staying in touch with NZ etc.

The pricing is not appropriate. For a new concept it deserves reasonable prices. $25 to $40 range. Another blunder. Hope these marketing geniuses prove me wrong.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The pricing is not appropriate. For a new concept it deserves reasonable prices. $25 to $40 range. Another blunder. Hope these marketing geniuses prove me wrong.

Lol - the game is almost sold out. Using your strategy would have cost the fixture, the RLIF and the NZRL millions. Who is the genius again?

Stallion

First Grade
Lol - the game is almost sold out. Using your strategy would have cost the fixture, the RLIF and the NZRL millions. Who is the genius again?

Like I have stated. Hope they prove me wrong. Someone else alluded to the pricing structure and I agreed. If it's sold out !? Well done. And I will agree they have got it right on this instance. Pretty simple actually!

Stallion

First Grade
We'll wait and see what the final crowd is. I'll be tagging you once it is sold out.

If you have read my prior post: I'm hoping to.be proven wrong!" What you have done and tried is to have your misinformation passed through to the keeper! In fact a lie about current ticket sales for the game mentioned? I suggest you retract your fib as another contributor has found you out.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
If you have read my prior post: I'm hoping to.be proven wrong!" What you have done and tried is to have your misinformation passed through to the keeper! In fact a lie about current ticket sales for the game mentioned? I suggest you retract your fib as another contributor has found you out.

Yes, I got it wrong on the current state of ticket sales. I misread a previous post. But at the end of the day this game will sell-out and reducing ticket prices as you suggest would have ended up costing the game millions.