What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

Billythekid

First Grade
Sundays seem to be rating strongly this year. We seriously need to look at having a permanent 3rd Sunday game. I even think having 4 games on Sunday could work really well.

It’s pretty disappointing seeing that sort of average ratings on a Thursday night considering it may well cost as much as 10K people at the gays.

Just read the MAFS finale got 2.6 million, Jesus Christ who are these people

You must seriously live in a bubble. Everywhere you go you hear people talking about it. I work in a hospital which admittedly does have a lot more female staff and you hear about the show constantly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Viewers of this show have to be mentally challenged. Seriously I do wonder about the future of mankind when I see viewing figures like these.

Its a good thing they are off the streets and staring at a box!

One of the key differences seems to be in Sydney v Melbourne FTA ratings for respective codes. There seems to be a significant amount more watch AFL on TV in Melbourne than NRL in Sydney on FTA, or do more people in Sydney have Fox?

BuffaloRules

Coach
You must seriously live in a bubble. Everywhere you go you hear people talking about it. I work in a hospital which admittedly does have a lot more female staff and you hear about the show constantly.

He lives in the worlds biggest bubble- New Zealand..

BuffaloRules

Coach

One of the key differences seems to be in Sydney v Melbourne FTA ratings for respective codes. There seems to be a significant amount more watch AFL on TV in Melbourne than NRL in Sydney on FTA, or do more people in Sydney have Fox?

I’m sure you know there is a bigger penetration of Fox in NSW and QLD then the AFL states...

Murdoch picked RL over AFL 20 years ago for a reason..

Starkers

Bench
looking like aWfUl edged us slightly overnight 992k v 950k. check out the red circled part below though:

upload_2019-4-12_17-0-27.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-12_16-58-27.png
    upload_2019-4-12_16-58-27.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 3

Shark62

Juniors
Solid ratings overnight. We seem to have settled into an aggregate audience of 2 million viewers for the three games played Thursday and Friday. BTW check the A League ratings. They are diabolical.

T-Boon

Coach
Viewers of this show have to be mentally challenged. Seriously I do wonder about the future of mankind when I see viewing figures like these.

Its got to be mainly women, and we should take the vote back off them.

mongoose

Coach

I've heard Melbourne has higher ratings for most FTA tv shows than Sydney. Maybe check which city has higher ratings for MAFS or MKR or some shit like that.

Starkers

Bench

AFL on Fox = 702k over 5 games avg 140.4k

NRL over 3 games = 657k avg 219k

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-15_9-28-44.png
    upload_2019-4-15_9-28-44.png
    382.1 KB · Views: 17
  • upload_2019-4-15_9-29-9.png
    upload_2019-4-15_9-29-9.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 16
  • upload_2019-4-15_9-30-5.png
    upload_2019-4-15_9-30-5.png
    433.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:

Perth Red

Post Whore
309k FTA viewers from of a potential population of 8.1million for the Sunday game is surprisingly low.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
309k FTA viewers from of a potential population of 8.1million for the Sunday game is surprisingly low.
It was 290K from memory, the other 19k covers the other three capitals. Either way, bizarre statistic to pull.