What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R6 Fri - Storm 20-21* Roosters @ AAMI

Round 6: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Generalzod

Immortal
is it just me or do storm players all seem to know how to inflict as much pain as possible within a “legal” one motion tackle?

And that hot from smith on radley should have been a penalty. No idea why you need to give general warnings for third man in - why don’t they give warnings for first knock ons, first offside as well? It’s in the rule book!
If you have the game recorded watch carefully at the way Cam Smith tackles always attacking the head of the player

Last edited:

horrie hastings

First Grade
Games like this underline the main point why there shouldn't be GP. In all fairness, the Storm deserved, well....in fact, both sides deserved something from that epic battle.

And I'm sure both teams would have like to come away with 1 competition point. Just ask the Storm. It might make all the difference.

I have always been an advocate of premiership games end in a draw after 80 mins but last night I was estactic that the Roosters won and its the first and only time I have been happy a team has won in GP ( apart from the 2010 semi against the Tigers was which was different because their had to be a result that night). I was at the Adelaide game in 2017 where the Roosters beat Storm in GP, Roosters didn’t derserve to get the 2pts that night, Melbourne were the better side but the way the Roosters scored two late tries and Michael Gordon kicked pressure conversions from opposite sidelines meant that both teams should have got 1 point each, unfortunately it seems GP is here to stay with the NRL hinting there may be changes to it next season but no mention of them getting rid of it.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
They could cover losing one of those, the 1 Is the irreplaceable one

Agree. Tedesco is so consistently brilliant I just can't stand it. The whole team has gone to another level these last few weeks. Guys like Tupou, who had a run of listless form through 2017 and some of 2018, are reaching godlike levels in 2019.

Zadar

Juniors
If you have the game record it watch carefully at the way Cam Smith tackles always attacking the head of the player

Also watch kafusi, he is a mongrel. Bromwich little knees in the side of the head. I used to like the storm, but they have lost me over the last few years, Smith is a smug prick, there is nothing better than seeing him lose these days.

lazza

Juniors
And the rookies nearly lost it for us. They were tackling just to get players to the ground whereas the experienced first graders know how to tackle slowly in “one motion”. Tbh JWH won it for us and Cronk tacktically at the end (big difference to Mitchell Pearce who would have just drop foaled from anywhere). The storm 20 point run came when jwh was on the bench.

lazza

Juniors
Also watch kafusi, he is a mongrel. Bromwich little knees in the side of the head. I used to like the storm, but they have lost me over the last few years, Smith is a smug prick, there is nothing better than seeing him lose these days.
Commentators / refs call the knees to the head “crowding”. They should just call it as it is - knees to the f**king head! Smith started it and now all storm do it!

TheFrog

Coach
Roosters got dis premiership unless Keary and Cronk both have strokes in the next 6 months.
Yes I think so too. They can really mess a team up in the first half hour, even a good team. The comeback was orchestrated in my opinion. The pass for the first try was so far forward it is impossible to think otherwise. Then ping ping ping. WWE with a rugby ball is what it was.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
And the rookies nearly lost it for us. They were tackling just to get players to the ground whereas the experienced first graders know how to tackle slowly in “one motion”. Tbh JWH won it for us and Cronk tacktically at the end (big difference to Mitchell Pearce who would have just drop foaled from anywhere). The storm 20 point run came when jwh was on the bench.

your rookies were good though. The bloke with the long hair especially tackled like a fiend and made some decent runs with the ball. Even squeezed in an HIA if i recall correctly.

Valheru

Coach
They could cover losing one of those, the 1 Is the irreplaceable one

You have hit the nail on the head here.

JWH is 2nd most important IMO as evidenced by the fact the storm scored all their points whilst he was off the field however SST and Liu provide adequate cover for him albeit neither were there last night.

If teddy goes down, Morris goes to fullback who is serviceable at best

Vic Mackey

Referee
You have hit the nail on the head here.

JWH is 2nd most important IMO as evidenced by the fact the storm scored all their points whilst he was off the field however SST and Liu provide adequate cover for him albeit neither were there last night.

If teddy goes down, Morris goes to fullback who is serviceable at best

Yep

I’ve never understood the bad wrap JWH gets from some fans. I realize he sails close to the wind and does have some grub in him, but that’s what I would want from my front rower. He has out played J Bromwich fairly comprehensively the last two times they’ve met. To me he is the number 1 book end in the game.

Generalzod

Immortal
The whole teams a bunch of grubs...

No Brett Morris.
No Joseph Manu.
No Isaac Lui.
No Jake Friend.
No Siosiua Taukeiaho.
Lose Luke Keary mid-second half with a head knock.

Gutsy win. :D

pantherz9103

First Grade
Neither of those clubs have murdered others clubs fans.

Good. f**k off.

Hooligans are not the same thing as fans.

No I'll speak my mind when and where I like thanks. I don't have to solely talk about one sport just because I might prefer it to another at the moment.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yes I think so too. They can really mess a team up in the first half hour, even a good team. The comeback was orchestrated in my opinion. The pass for the first try was so far forward it is impossible to think otherwise. Then ping ping ping. WWE with a rugby ball is what it was.
Even Froggy sees the truth.

The forward pass try was shocking. The penalty on the stroke of half time for a dive was horrendous. And the Vunivalu dive for another penalty was even worse.

All were blatant "levelling" type decisions with the refs riding a wave to get the Storm back into it. A bit like playing Mario Kart on catch up mode, where if you're massively behind you just break the laws of reality to catch up to make it interesting.

Bazal

Post Whore
Even Froggy sees the truth.

The forward pass try was shocking. The penalty on the stroke of half time for a dive was horrendous. And the Vunivalu dive for another penalty was even worse.

All were blatant "levelling" type decisions with the refs riding a wave to get the Storm back into it. A bit like playing Mario Kart on catch up mode, where if you're massively behind you just break the laws of reality to catch up to make it interesting.

It happens in every f**king game where any side gets a run of penalties.

The merkins have been squaring games up for years now. We got a particularly awful one against Souths last season for eg...it's so obvious but it just keeps happening. It can't be anything but a directive from above surely

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yep

I’ve never understood the bad wrap JWH gets from some fans. I realize he sails close to the wind and does have some grub in him, but that’s what I would want from my front rower. He has out played J Bromwich fairly comprehensively the last two times they’ve met. To me he is the number 1 book end in the game.
If all the props in the NRL were in a large shared Thai prison cell with only one bed, JWH would get that bed. And the others would take shifts fanning him with palm leaves.

As for Bromwich, he'd be holding one of JWHs turned out pockets as they walked the prison. Woods would be holding the other.

Bazal

Post Whore
Yep

JWH is underrated but I'd say there are a few props ahead of him. More if you take props as "middle forwards".

But that's good for the Roosters IMO. He's never going to be on Taupau or Taumolololololol money, probably not even on Junior Paulo money (and JWH is a shitload better defender for sure) but at his best he's close enough to being as good as those guys.

Latest posts