What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Manly

hazzbeen

Bench
Ravioli is costly. He is the worst winger in history of league under the high bomb. He needs to learn how to catch asap
Said it after seeing him play one game , he will cast us games , and he could have tonight .... Yea like I said he is strong and OK close to the line but terrible with high balls and very slow reacting ....

rasaint

Juniors
Gritty win against a very good side who this season have been beating team after team. They are a top side this year.

Manly were getting the rub of the green big time tonight. I could list the mountain of 50/50 calls ( knock ons and blatant forward passes overlooked, offside at scrum, duff definitely caught the ball fairly and facing back anyway, Aiken would have scored off the trip and slid over, Manly flops overlooked but dragons penalised) hey good luck to Manly. However, I’m not into some big ref conspiracy and very happy when the final 50/50 of the game with Lafai went our way.BTW so it should of as Lafai arrived and stopped to let Pierra caught the ball, he didn’t have to jump for it.

Truly, I really knew that Manly would win the short kick off. I have never seen us win a short kick off from living memory.

Anyway it was a great game.

hazzbeen

Bench
DCE kicked to the corner in the last few seconds, Lafai ran back and gave Periera some protection so he could get a good catch - which he did. An attacking player couldn't get a shot at catching the ball because he ran into Lafai- could have been a penalty, 50/50 I guess but we finally got a call go our way. DCE was inconsolable, had a whinge to the refs that would have embarrassed JT.
Thanks ....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I agree but they got alot of other calls in the match

The news will read dudded but that's because it was at the end of the match
I miss most of it what was the bad call at the end ....?
Apparently Lafai shielded one of their players off the ball when he was contesting the bomb....to be honest he didnt move that much I thought the Manly player over emphasized it

kit66

Bench
Just looking at some of the stats tonight:
* 44% possession
* 6-0 penalty count against us for a period there
* 12 missed tackles
* three players 40+ tackles
* 347 tackles

That is an awesome win given the circumstances

Also a 14,600 crowd, not bad against Manly.

Yes a mighty effort and as a reward we get a whole 5 days off before facing a rampaging Easts in what must be an emotional as well as a very physical game on Anzac Day.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I’m not convinced that Lafai’s deserved a penalty. But concede it was a 50/50 call. What people are forgetting is that DCE would have had to kick it from the sideline to put the game into golden point. Also Manly got a golden run from the referees for about 60 minutes there.
According to Hasler it would have sent the game into golden point, that's how silly it's going to get in the tabloid media tomorrow.

There'll be no mention of the six consecutive penalties given to Manly in the second half. Nor will they mention the 56% possession to Manly and how they had every opportunity to win. They'll also overlook Manly's 22 missed tackles.

No, they'll say the game was decided by a ref call with zero seconds left on the clock.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't drink anymore. Haven't had a drink since January. I think thats why I am so cranky.
lol. Fair enough. But I think we should go easy on those neutral supporters... unless they are from the Shire.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Can’t see us beating Easts after that tough game. But at any rate, I have no doubt it won’t be through lack of courage or effort.
Easts had a tough one too. They were 20-nil up at one point but got chased down, only to sneak home in extra time.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
All of the "Refs are always against us" victims on this forum will quickly forget that last second no-penalty.

Bad calls ALWAYS even themselves out. So next time we get an obvious bad decision at a crucial time like that just remember this game and that the referees let us off the hook with that one.

This will probably fall on deaf ears because those people are addicted to 'poor me' victimhood and get off on feeling hard done by hahaha Good luck with that!
The bad calls didn't even themselves out in this game.

If you thought the referees let us off the hook, then you were watching a different game to me. Do you really think that Manly would have won if they got one more penalty?

Not a victim here. I believe that good teams beat bad refs. And tonight we were the better team. The scoreline flattered Manly.

Both teams dug deep, we copped heaps of bad calls, but a few self inflicted wounds as well.
FMD though - Lomax fresh and ready did not get a run.
Lafai needs to practice his goal kicking- he missed 3 shots and in today’s game you can’t gave a parting kicker.
Also I think Hunt was a bit kick happy on early tackle count - when we had come off repeat defensive sets.

I don't think practising is going to help Tim.

He felt the pressure and got the yips.

j0nesy

Bench
Easts had a tough one too. They were 20-nil up at one point but got chased down, only to sneak home in extra time.

Good point, I forgot about that. They do have an extra day to recover though, they’re a very impressive team on paper, and look the goods on the field too. We’re not without a chance though. This team is always a chance - I’m really warming to the way we’re playing this season. We’ll be thereabouts but I get the feeling that we will need something special to get the points on ANZAC Day.

Latest posts