What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Cowboys game thread

Diesel

Coach
If Green isn’t playing, AK needs to step in.

Kata, Blair & 3 hookers, enough said.

Stop playing players out of position.

Diesel

Coach
Hate to harp on about Tevaga - he had a good game last week - and another last year.
But that set in the opposition 20 when we turned down the 2 points and took the tap instead.
Tevaga took the ball about 5 times and died with it every time. The guy just isn't very skilled.

Kearney is just geniused; how much proof does he need that his selections just aren't working?

Hope Cameron George has a Plan B.
I’d feel a lot better if Kearney hadn’t sign an extension and was auditioning for a contract

The worst thing is I see most of the team putting in out there. But they’re getting dragged down by the same core of ineptitude week after week, Kata, Hiku, Blair and (sometimes) Tevaga, plus a lack of attacking game plan and game management in Green’s abscence. How long until the rest of them get sick of bashing their heads against the wall and start phoning it in?
Just over 11k at the game, will be sub 10k vs Knights at my guess

Post game most of the Warriors disappeared from the field, a few spoke to the kiwi connection in Cowboys.
Bunty was one of the only ones I saw have photos with kids
Cowboys players where really good, Morgan was around for 15+ minutes taking photos with Cowboys fans.

During the game off the ball Fus seemed uninterested, there was no attacking structure.
There didnt seem to be a lot of talk on the field. Luke spent more time on the bike than on the field. Nathaniel came off gassed.

ozenzud

Juniors
At the end of the day, this team just isn't good enough. You have to feel sorry for RTS and couple of others. I've had too many years of this. Too many years of disappointment. I'm now watching out of habit rather than for enjoyment.

Big Marn

Juniors
At the end of the day, this team just isn't good enough. You have to feel sorry for RTS and couple of others. I've had too many years of this. Too many years of disappointment. I'm now watching out of habit rather than for enjoyment.

Kinda feel the same way. Hoping upon hope that something special happens like it did for the Cowboys and finally the Sharks after 40 years. Not sure if i will still be alive though when this team wins a comp.

vvvrulz

Coach
Who thinks we should just can the big boppas on the wing strategy? We had at least 3 opportunities when speed on the edge would have ended up in tries. Maumalo looks like hes in quicksand most games.
It doesnt always have to be about return metres from the back 3. And using Fusitua as a battering ram has finally ended with him being smashed and injured.

Storm seem to do just fine without big wingers. They have serious wheels out there and their FORWARDS get most of the metres required to get into attacking positions.

We should have canned it the moment we had any winger that wasn't named Manu.

The Manu Effect has absolutely killed us, because our muppet coaches fail to realise that despite being an incredibly flawed winger, Manu had a devastating scoring ability along with his big metres. Two half-players loosely combined to make a whole.

We have now set this as a dangerous precedent for all our wingers, but it won't work.

Ken Maumalo has the metre eating ability with complete incompetence as a winger.
Fus is an out and out winger who does far too much hit up work and often gets gassed.

Manu was a rare exception and there is no mini-beast out there, nor should we be trying to find one.

So many of our 'real forwards' stand around unable to do their job because by the time they get the bloody ball it's tackle four. Just look at Ah Mau, one or two hitups and a pile of tackles before hitting the bench.

Our back five needs a complete overhaul - build from RTS and Fus and dump the rest.

We're no hope until we do that, and it will never happen with Big Brains Kearney, and we'll do a full circle and watch us lose again next week.

Iafeta

Referee
CHT was doing that because he knew he was in it on his own with Hiku doing nothing. Unfair on the kid, needs Green or at least Keighran there.

It’s not unfair. It’s not popular to say because he’s young. But someone needed to square the line up. All he wanted to do was catch and shuffle.

It was no different than what Keighran was dishing up.

There was a moment that summed it up for me. We are in our corner. Maumalo has had a good run. We have no markers. CHT was dummy half. It’s a run every day of the week moment. He lobs it up to Hiku who proceeds to get smashed and we are straight away on the back foot.

Yes I get he was trying to be Blake Green. But he needed to inject himself as well. When Shaun Johnson came into first grade his role was not to be Brett Seymour.

Iafeta

Referee
Just over 11k at the game, will be sub 10k vs Knights at my guess

Old mate Cameron George was parroting on about how this isn’t a rebuilding year and that the marketing team would sell the joint out. The whole leadership team of this club is horrid. Brian Smith, noted second year killer. Peter O’Sullivan, previously banned from the NRL. Cameron George the man who signed Bleh to his farcical contract while parading around that Johnson wasn’t what he was on, and the renewing Kearneys contract whilst under no pressure to do so. Kearney a failed NRL coach. Here for 3 more years yo.

The only one worth his salt is Alex Corvo.

In all a 'disappointing' Mt Smart experience?
Crowd was entertaining early in the game but don't being kids.

Butchering 5 first half tries had the crowd pretty flat by half time (Blair clearly wrapped in a tackle vs bumping player out of defensive line).

Half time had an Easter bunny chasing kids with Tiki the mascot and some sprints between clubs and age groups within the club.

Iafeta

Referee
Bleh went to the outside shoulder. Can’t do it. No try every day of the week.

The thing is he didn’t need to do it. Very lazy on his part. Just like when he dropped it cold with a 4 on 1.

He’s got to be up there with our worst ever buys. Well done Cameron and Stephen.

Big Marn

Juniors
how about the Kata play after Nat had made a break and Fus had taken the tackle. A quick spread to the other side of the field with a retreating defence and even Ken will stroll over in the corner.
BUT NO.... Superman Kata decides on the Glory play and kills everything. I dont usually hate on people but he just gives me the shits.

Iafeta

Referee
Not his fault.

Remember he can’t pass right to left. I kid you not. Remember we had to basically change Tohu, Fus and Ken all around to cater for this useless Mong.

By the way, I jest, of course it’s his fault. Learn to pass you numpty.

Have to apologies for a Fus, watching the replay he was busy and keen for the ball, just saw time being uninterested looking at his boots off the ball that stuck in my mind.

how about the Kata play after Nat had made a break and Fus had taken the tackle. A quick spread to the other side of the field with a retreating defence and even Ken will stroll over in the corner.
BUT NO.... Superman Kata decides on the Glory play and kills everything. I dont usually hate on people but he just gives me the shits.
Though Fus should of had that in a straight foot race.
Ended with a shit kick by Harris after Kata earnt the penalty with his inability to pass.
Next set RTS goes Kata from Dummy half and held up short.
Next set RTS knocks on at back.
Then over shoots a tackle going in with his shoulders on O'Neil.
Game changed there.

Commentary didnt understand Blair was trying to get the game stopped for Fus, when he was 9m offside after the 40/20 by Morgan that Ken jogged to and Roach gave penalty in front of post.

Latest posts