What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROLL CALL - Bankwest Stadium Opening April 22 - EELS v Tigers

TheParraboy

Staff member
Anyone got a plan for GA ticket holders on Monday?

Is there a chance GA ticket holders will be turned away?

Why would they be turned away if they have a ticket?

Ive got GA tickets for the dragons game (North gate) interesting it says row GA and gives me a seat number. So allocated seating for GA?

Parra

Referee
Why would they be turned away if they have a ticket?

Ive got GA tickets for the dragons game (North gate) interesting it says row GA and gives me a seat number. So allocated seating for GA?

I wouldn't have thought you'd get a seat number. I've got a couple of season GA's. So they just indicate gate D and aisles 220 to 228.

Noise

Coach
I wouldn't have thought you'd get a seat number. I've got a couple of season GA's. So they just indicate gate D and aisles 220 to 228.

No one is getting turned away with GA memberships. Parra even sent a text msg confirming

TheParraboy

Staff member

Usually that way , Maybe they are road testing it differently for the dragons game?

I definitely have a seat number listed

FOR THE DRAGONS GAME
Gate C
Section GA*NORTHC
ROW GA
Aisle 221-228
Seat 3009

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kinda thought that, Parra's post confused me a bit

odd still, they put a number right under the "seat" heading, never saw that previously (both kenny and sterlo stands)

Suitman

Post Whore
Kinda thought that, Parra's post confused me a bit

odd still, they put a number right under the "seat" heading, never saw that previously (both kenny and sterlo stands)

My ticket for the open day at the stadium last Sunday (printed through ticketek) also had a seat number. 4241. It's just the way it works.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Our home games at Bankwest Stadium 2019

coming up after Monday

May 5 (Sun 4.05pm) - vs Dragons
May 23 (Thurs 7.50pm) - vs Penrith
May 31 (Fri 755pm) - vs Souths
June 15 (Sat 735pm) - vs Broncos
- Sunday July 14 405pm - Tigers home game
July 27 (Sat 3pm) v Warriors
August 10 (Sat 530pm) v Knights
August 22 (Thur 750pm) v Dogs
September 5 (Fri 6pm) v Manly

TheParraboy

Staff member
Gates open 1245pm

What time people turning up?

Tell you what, im gonna live on the edge and have lunch at the stadium
Do we know whats on offer?

emjaycee

Coach
My ticket for the open day at the stadium last Sunday (printed through ticketek) also had a seat number. 4241. It's just the way it works.
Yeah, its normal.
They kinda need to assign a number even to GA tickets so they know how many they have sold and no doubt they use a standard print format what includes a "seat" field so the best place to put it.

emjaycee

Coach
Gates open 1245pm

What time people turning up?

Tell you what, im gonna live on the edge and have lunch at the stadium
Do we know whats on offer?
We are still deciding between lunch at the club, lunch at the ground or lunch on Eat Street.
Choices, choices, choices.

Food at the ground is quite varied.
Each concession stand seems to sell standard footy food such as pies, sausage rolls and hot chips but they also offer one 'speciality' option at each. The ones I noticed at the training day were (in order on your left if you enter via gate B and head south):
- Hotdogs
- Asian
- Chicken
- Pizza & Gozlames
- Seafood

Average price seems to be about $10 or thereabouts for 'speciality' food.

T.S Quint

Coach
Does anyone know if there will still parking available at the hospital grounds next door? I’ve been parking there for close to 20 years now and am hoping it’s still there (and still cheap). I can’t seem to find any information on it.

TheParraboy

Staff member
My young bloke wants the "Full Experience" so it looks like the $12 burgers for us. Do we get fries with that I wonder.
The atmosphere should be amazing.

should be insane atmosphere mate

Read on social media tickets still available for the tigers fans section, so they are gonna be swamped by us , regardless

Suitman

Post Whore
My young bloke wants the "Full Experience" so it looks like the $12 burgers for us. Do we get fries with that I wonder.
The atmosphere should be amazing.

On our way out last Sunday at the open day, I asked the lad and his mate if they wanted to buy some lunch, which they did.
So we went back and bought some food and took it back up to the top deck in the shade to eat.

I actually bought that $12 burger that you are talking about. It was an Angus burger, and I must say, it was excellent. (No fries included).
Angus patty was large and thick. Lettuce was really fresh. Tomatoes plentiful and fresh and cut thickly. Plenty of sliced red onion. A nice type of sauce was generous. The bread roll was fresh and crispy. The burger was huge and was a meal on its own. For me, (and I know $12 sounds a lot for a burger), this was excellent value for a stadium burger, and if this is the type of fare they are going to serve up at the stadium, then they are on a winner.

I had heard a lot about the intent to improve food quality, range and prices at Bankwest, so I made a point of checking out every food outlet on my visit last week. They certainly have raised the bar.
Noodle dishes looked fresh, as did all the wraps and sandwiches. Variety has certainly improved (MJC has already given a description of the range, as did Angry Eel - it was actually a Salmon Poke Bowl. Looked great! There is also Sushi). Prices seem ok for stadium food, which we all always expect to be a bit more than average.
As long as quality is maintained, I think they have done pretty well.

What will be the tester is whether they can maintain quality for large/sell out crowds.

Latest posts