What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROLL CALL - Bankwest Stadium Opening April 22 - EELS v Tigers

T.S Quint

Coach
Does anyone know if there will still parking available at the hospital grounds next door? I’ve been parking there for close to 20 years now and am hoping it’s still there (and still cheap). I can’t seem to find any information on it.

Never mind. I have found out that parking at the hospital will now be unavailable. Apparently they are trying to ‘preserve the historic site and prevent damage’.
I’m pretty pissed off about this.
Like I said, I’ve been parking there for around 20 years and there’s never been a problem. I’ve never seen any damage done. All that means now is that the thousands of cars that had a place to park there will now have to find somewhere else to go, which in Parramatta is pretty much impossible. I know that the Government wants public transportation used but that’s just not an option for everybody.

I’m highly disappointed in this decision, and I will be writing to the NSW Government to air my grievances. Hopefully more people will do the same.

Suitman

Post Whore
Never mind. I have found out that parking at the hospital will now be unavailable. Apparently they are trying to ‘preserve the historic site and prevent damage’.
I’m pretty pissed off about this.
Like I said, I’ve been parking there for around 20 years and there’s never been a problem. I’ve never seen any damage done. All that means now is that the thousands of cars that had a place to park there will now have to find somewhere else to go, which in Parramatta is pretty much impossible. I know that the Government wants public transportation used but that’s just not an option for everybody.

I’m highly disappointed in this decision, and I will be writing to the NSW Government to air my grievances. Hopefully more people will do the same.

Mate, parking in Parra isn't that big a deal.
I understand that a convenient, comfortable parking spot for 20 years would be something that you'd like to keep. If it is now unavailable, there are other options.
I've always parked in the side streets in North Parra. Always for free. Some game days are busy and it could get worse with a 10000 increase in capacity, but otherwise, just get there earlier in off street parking. 5-10 minute walk to the stadium which I'm happy with.

T.S Quint

Coach
I understand that a convenient, comfortable parking spot for 20 years would be something that you'd like to keep. If it is now unavailable, there are other options.
I've always parked in the side streets in North Parra. Always for free. Some game days are busy and it could get worse with a 10000 increase in capacity, but otherwise, just get there earlier in off street parking. 5-10 minute walk to the stadium which I'm happy with.

It seems I will have to investigate some other areas (which will now be harder to find with so many people pushed out of the hospital grounds) but it’s made life a lot less convenient for a great number of sports fans who may now choose not to attend events at the stadium because of this issue. I just think it’s a bit of a misguided decision from Health Infrastructure NSW to close the grounds.

Kornstar

Coach
It seems I will have to investigate some other areas (which will now be harder to find with so many people pushed out of the hospital grounds) but it’s made life a lot less convenient for a great number of sports fans who may now choose not to attend events at the stadium because of this issue. I just think it’s a bit of a misguided decision from Health Infrastructure NSW to close the grounds.

I'm more interested to see how they stop you parking there? There is no boom gate to the cumberland campus as i know NSW Health employees work in there and do not require a pass to get in. So if you got there early enough who would know why you are parking in there? I assume at some point during the afternoon they will put security or something but otherwise how will they stop people parking in there and why can workers park in there and not worry about it being "preserved" during work hours?

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I have always parked in Ross or Gross streets near the Rose n Crown. I know the closer I get to Doyle Ground, the bigger the crowd will be.

emjaycee

Coach
On our way out last Sunday at the open day, I asked the lad and his mate if they wanted to buy some lunch, which they did.
So we went back and bought some food and took it back up to the top deck in the shade to eat.

I actually bought that $12 burger that you are talking about. It was an Angus burger, and I must say, it was excellent. (No fries included).
Angus patty was large and thick. Lettuce was really fresh. Tomatoes plentiful and fresh and cut thickly. Plenty of sliced red onion. A nice type of sauce was generous. The bread roll was fresh and crispy. The burger was huge and was a meal on its own. For me, (and I know $12 sounds a lot for a burger), this was excellent value for a stadium burger, and if this is the type of fare they are going to serve up at the stadium, then they are on a winner.

I had heard a lot about the intent to improve food quality, range and prices at Bankwest, so I made a point of checking out every food outlet on my visit last week. They certainly have raised the bar.
Noodle dishes looked fresh, as did all the wraps and sandwiches. Variety has certainly improved (MJC has already given a description of the range, as did Angry Eel - it was actually a Salmon Poke Bowl. Looked great! There is also Sushi). Prices seem ok for stadium food, which we all always expect to be a bit more than average.
As long as quality is maintained, I think they have done pretty well.

What will be the tester is whether they can maintain quality for large/sell out crowds.
I should have mentioned, we had the mini spring roll basket from the Asian stand and it was easy fresh and pretty decent (8 mini spring rolls for about $9.90 I think).

emjaycee

Coach
We are getting the bus down Windsor Rd from Northmead/Winsto area. Will park in a side street and walk to a bus stop that will take us to corner of Grose and Church Sts and take about 10 mins only. Bus is free and they will be running every 5-8 mins so easy to get there and easy to get home.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Is the Westfield there first 3hrs parking for free?

Would be only a 10-12min walk from there

Eelogical

Referee
We are getting the bus down Windsor Rd from Northmead/Winsto area. Will park in a side street and walk to a bus stop that will take us to corner of Grose and Church Sts and take about 10 mins only. Bus is free and they will be running every 5-8 mins so easy to get there and easy to get home.
If I was still living in the district I'd have driven to Sevo Stn, caught the train and walked it in down Eat St.

84 Baby

Referee
Um not only is it going to be worse with an extra 10000 seats but those 100s of cars that used Cumberland will also need to go somewhere

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm more interested to see how they stop you parking there? There is no boom gate to the cumberland campus as i know NSW Health employees work in there and do not require a pass to get in. So if you got there early enough who would know why you are parking in there? I assume at some point during the afternoon they will put security or something but otherwise how will they stop people parking in there and why can workers park in there and not worry about it being "preserved" during work hours?

There will apparently be some security at the entrances, but not sure what time they will be there from. Oh well, time to find a new place to park.

T.S Quint

Coach
Catch a f**king train......FFS!

That’s all well and good for a day game on Easter Monday.
But on a Friday night when I finish work at 6 and have to get to the game by 7:30, a train isn’t really feasible.

I’m coming from Balmain so would have to catch a bus and a train and then walk from the station (or catch another bus). Sometimes I’m fine with that, but other times it’s just easier to drive.
When they get this Rozelle-Parramatta metro thing up and running it will be great for me.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah I have always parked in Ross or Gross streets near the Rose n Crown. I know the closer I get to Doyle Ground, the bigger the crowd will be.

Do you head down Parra rd? I will shout you a big mac if pick me up on the way.

Eelogical

Referee
That’s all well and good for a day game on Easter Monday.
But on a Friday night when I finish work at 6 and have to get to the game by 7:30, a train isn’t really feasible.

I’m coming from Balmain so would have to catch a bus and a train and then walk from the station (or catch another bus). Sometimes I’m fine with that, but other times it’s just easier to drive.
When they get this Rozelle-Parramatta metro thing up and running it will be great for me.
No ferries anymore?

hindy111

Post Whore
I plan to take an adult and sneak her in as a child.
Is this going to work? It's a date and I do not want to tell her so she doesn't think I am cheap but also if she is rejected from being let in I will look silly.