What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

thorson1987

Coach
Looks kinda awkward to be honest. This is only the second 'open' tunnel club i've seen, the first being in an NFL match. The walk way is roughly 1.5-2m wide but looks much tighter with people reaching out and yelling. Tottenham and Man City do it good with a 'closed' tunnel club with 2 way glass which provides the exclusive, behind the scenes feel. Good concept although to bring into Aussie sports.

Yeah I've seen the one in Minnesota. Was awkward seeing Adrian Peterson have to be carried through it. I think it was because the medicab was actually too wide for it or something.

greenBV4

Bench
This game should sell out ever year, only Anzac game that actually features a NZ side. Plus the fact that 90k would of finished earlier next door, wouldn’t take a marketing genius to get a few of them to the game

I'll be surprised and disappointed if it only draws 20k, from memory it sold out last year (but didn't fill, 26k i think) and it's always a great game!

I'd say a good chunk of the 90k from next door that come across would be walk-ups that buy their ticket at the gate or last minute on their phones

Last edited:

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
It’s about time Sydney is catching up with the rest of the country, the storm, broncos and Gold Coast have good new league stadium. Now parra has a gun stadium, cowboys getting one built, roosters and the bunnies too, raiders need one next along with the dogs and tigers and manly.

taipan

Referee
As a neutral (Parra hating) fan, this Stadium could be the start of a real resurgence in NRL crowds.
Hopefully other teams....Tigers, Doggies, Souths, even Panthers take a few games a year to Bankwest. The potential here is massive.

I would like to think that once the SFS is done that Manly, Souths, etc take a few games each year there too, with a view to a more permanent arrangement.

If the new SFS covers free transport to their new stadium, and the cheaper food and grog like Parra, then even yours truly would get off his lazy backside to watch a couple of Shark's home games there.
Still want majority home games at Shark Park but they need to move to improve facilities ASAP.

Stallion

First Grade
If the new SFS covers free transport to their new stadium, and the cheaper food and grog like Parra, then even yours truly would get off his lazy backside to watch a couple of Shark's home games there.
Still want majority home games at Shark Park but they need to move to improve facilities ASAP.

A 25000 seat stadium at Shark park would be ideal!

greenBV4

Bench
Round 6 Stadium Averages

> 10/17 stadiums are above last years average, up 3% on last years h/a average, 2 new top 10 crowds
> Average improvement down 1%, 1 new bottom 10 crowd

Screen Shot 2019-04-22 at 7.31.30 pm.png

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I'll be surprised and disappointed if it only draws 20k, from memory it sold out last year (but didn't fill, 26k i think) and it's always a great game!

I'd say a good chunk of the 90k from next door that come across would be walk-ups that buy their ticket at the gate or last minute on their phones
Melbourne should do this for both Collingwood and Essendon clubs members.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
It’s about time Sydney is catching up with the rest of the country, the storm, broncos and Gold Coast have good new league stadium. Now parra has a gun stadium, cowboys getting one built, roosters and the bunnies too, raiders need one next along with the dogs and tigers and manly.
Newcastle’s is ok too. I wish the lower bowl wrapped around tho. Sorry, over hills

Stallion

First Grade
Highly unlikely

Would be nice! Just putting it out there. If you don't dream, you don't see. Could potentialy see upgrades at Penrith, Shark park, CANBERRA, Brookvale , Campbelltown as they seem to have room for further seating and improvements. Might as well throw it out there . Where their is hope their is light. If it's not discussed their is no chance. If it's discussed at least some chance.

Last edited:

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
I think the St George game will get more than yesterday..

Plenty bought tickets weeks ago to tigers game.. not having Easter plans locked away.. and simply couldn't make it

Latest posts