What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Parramatta v Tigers LIVE GAME DAY thread 22nd April 2019

hindy111

Post Whore
In general as well it is possible that a lot of GA members were away on family holidays but as those tickets are counted when selling tickets the “full house” tags have to come out but you can’t guarantee all members will show up and many wouldn’t re-sell them either.

I agree with hindy111 though, there were at least 3,000 empty seats.

For me the more surprising empty seats were on the corporate side in the terrace part, there were plenty of empty seats over there.

Wouldn't they count the numbers of tickets scanned?

Kornstar

Coach
Wouldn't they count the numbers of tickets scanned?

Yep, that's what they do.

Yes i know they display what we’re scanned. My point was more to do with the number of vacant seats.

There were quite a lot of empty seats for a “sellout” so what i was saying was that there are obviously a certain amount of GA memberships sold and therefore counted for in general for when they are selling for a game day.

So the “sellout” of pre game tickets may have been true but if a whole bunch of members don’t turn up then that may account for the actual empty seats at the game and the confusion of it being called a sellout before the game but being clear it wasn’t on game day.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Was it just me or was Oregan playing at first receiver for a couple of plays in the second half? The play was running right to left and Moses was standing 2off the ruck. I was very excited at the time so my memory might not be accurate.

Djay

Juniors
My thoughts on the game are that our first half was ordinary, we made 9 errors and it was a couple of great individual efforts and very poor Tigers defence that got us the lead.

The second half though was much better, we tidied up the errors when it counted and played much better and much more controlled.

Gutho is the king, his work rate and involvement is incredible, just sign him already!!!

Paulo May turn out to the the buy of the year, he was in beast mode and is playing plenty of minutes.

We still need another very good prop imo to be true contenders but these lot are doing a job.

I think If Drown was on the field yesterday we hit 70, Salmon is doing fine but the fact he isn’t as great a passer means we leave out the left side attack and more importantly, Sivo takes away a lot of try scoring potential.

Stone is very small for a forward but he has heart and enthusiasm which can certainly make up for size when you are dominating but like Nrown when we are getting dominated we can’t look for those players to dig us out like a big body can.

Nothing to get carried away with though as the Tigers were terrible.

Yesterday was a good day!

Agreed, that is pretty evident. We can be too predictable as the ball always goes to Moses. Salmon doesn't have the ball playing ability or vision that Brown has so we seem to skip that side of the field.
If and when Brown returns our attack will only get better, and it's scary to think that it can. Just shows how good Moses has been but also that Salmon may lack in talent his come in and is definitely doing a job.

Last edited:

Angry_eel

First Grade
How was it that Salmon was talked about as a junior but doesn't have ball playing ability? Did he play lower grades at Centre?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Was it just me or was Oregan playing at first receiver for a couple of plays in the second half? The play was running right to left and Moses was standing 2off the ruck. I was very excited at the time so my memory might not be accurate.
It’s fairly common for a middle forward to be used to shovel the ball out to a half standing at second receiver. If it’s just a catch-pass there’s no need to waste a half on it. The open side half can stand wider and the short side half can stay there to provide a threat. The problem with both halves attacking on the same side is that defenders can all overload on that side.

Obviously there are also benefits to having the halves on the same side. And this is assuming the fullback is also on the open side. We often have Gutherson as the sole playmaker on the short side, or out the back of Paulo, as we saw yesterday. It’s very exciting.

It’s fairly common for a middle forward to be used to shovel the ball out to a half standing at second receiver. If it’s just a catch-pass there’s no need to waste a half on it. The open side half can stand wider and the short side half can stay there to provide a threat. The problem with both halves attacking on the same side is that defenders can all overload on that side.

Obviously there are also benefits to having the halves on the same side. And this is assuming the fullback is also on the open side. We often have Gutherson as the sole playmaker on the short side, or out the back of Paulo, as we saw yesterday. It’s very exciting.
So you're a fan of a "middle half" then?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How was it that Salmon was talked about as a junior but doesn't have ball playing ability? Did he play lower grades at Centre?
In the lower grades you can just stick your best player at 6 and have him just run the ball. It’s easy to get the ball to him two passes wide without defenders being up in his face.

But Salmon does have some passing and kicking ability. It’s just not quite up to NRL standard yet.

This is more of a catch-pass role than a middle half. A middle half is more of a forward who engages the line before choosing to either hit the short runner or pass it out the back. Think James Graham or the great Joseph Paulo.
Either way it's great to have options and forwards with that skill set. Like you say it keeps the defense in 2 minds and gives our attack another focal point. A win/win situation for us when we get it right. I'll take Jnr over Jo though any day.

yy_cheng

Coach
Stone is very small for a forward but he has heart and enthusiasm which can certainly make up for size when you are dominating but like Nrown when we are getting dominated we can’t look for those players to dig us out like a big body can.

QUOTE] yeah, I like stone. He was leading the charge when the tigs were getting off their line. He'll give you his all. Like an ugly chick

Latest posts