What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belarus is the next Eastern European nation to launch the sport

langpark

First Grade
More specifically, here is the town that hosted the matches. Only 65,000 according to wiki, but if they can get one team going, they are close-ish to Kiev, so can play matches semi-regularly.

upload_2019-4-24_12-13-49.png

ULYSSES

Juniors
We get footholds, grow a little then become a non event. Why? I hope this ends up a good news story but we need to work on development plans. eg Russia.. was growing then declined...same for France and others. Is it a Euro issue or lack of RL nous?

welshmagpie

Juniors
We get footholds, grow a little then become a non event. Why? I hope this ends up a good news story but we need to work on development plans. eg Russia.. was growing then declined...same for France and others. Is it a Euro issue or lack of RL nous?

It’s quite easy to grow to a certain point, then comes the question of money and government recognition. Those who get that can thrive - the next possible pitfall is access to quality coaching and resources.

langpark

First Grade
What on earth are you basing that on!?

LeagueXIII

First Grade

I agree, suddenly a game pops up we bang our chest then it gets too hard so we move on and repeat cycle.

Quality not quantity.

I feel as though all help should have been given to Russia, for it to virtually evaporate is a disgrace.

siv

First Grade
Another step forward

Looks like another opportunity for a Eastern Europe Super League group

taipan

Referee
Population over 9 million,cloes ties to Russia.It all helps in the long term, provided not neglected.

Pommy

Coach
Another step forward

Looks like another opportunity for a Eastern Europe Super League group

I wouldn’t be so sure. Those guys are all paying their own way and are located in the Balkans (part of Italy is in the Balkans depending on definition) Belarus is a good distance away.
Still great to see another nation hopefully we can get something going with them the Baltic states and Russia.

adamkungl

Immortal
I agree, suddenly a game pops up we bang our chest then it gets too hard so we move on and repeat cycle.

Quality not quantity.

I feel as though all help should have been given to Russia, for it to virtually evaporate is a disgrace.

Keep seeing this implication that there's some central figure that bounces around the world starting tiny RL comps then moving on.

There isn't. No external body is starting the sport or giving any serious assistance. The RLEF provides opportunities in the form of coaching and refereeing courses, and international tournaments.
But ultimately the sport lives and dies at the hands of those playing and organising it.

The central International bodies lack the resources to fund individual nations and the major professional bodies aren't interested.

Latest posts