What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra Kai

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Well, what have we here, I got myself a bunch of flinchers! Bunch of pussies with their peanut butter allergies these days.

When Johnny is giving his 'version' of events back in 83 though I lost it. Johnny is comedy gold.

Best tribute yet! And Johnny is comedy gold.

(4 min full version start at 33 seconds - even better explaining the lead up to reason 1 and gives you a small taste of the humour Johnny's character brings)

(short 1 min version for the time poor who just want to undersstand what Axl is on about)

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
And Johnny is comedy gold.

Johnny's stuck in the past/toxic masculinity tropes really make the show. It reminds me of the Brady Bunch movie they made in the 90s where the world changed, but the Bradys didn't. Watching a guy that uses only the morals and technology from 1983 try to translate that to the late 2010s is pretty funny.

Johnny: "where you taking this chick anyway?"

Miguel: "the observatory, a little picnic on the lawn, chocolate tasting three way, and if the sky is clear then we'll look at the stars"

Johnny: "the only part of that that made any sense at all was three-way"

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Johnny's stuck in the past/toxic masculinity tropes really make the show. It reminds me of the Brady Bunch movie they made in the 90s where the world changed, but the Bradys didn't. Watching a guy that uses only the morals and technology from 1983 try to translate that to the late 2010s is pretty funny.

Johnny: "where you taking this chick anyway?"

Miguel: "the observatory, a little picnic on the lawn, chocolate tasting three way, and if the sky is clear then we'll look at the stars"

Johnny: "the only part of that that made any sense at all was three-way"

That is the danger I fear for season 2, in the last episode where Johnny's character develops as to how to win, and then Kleese making a come back.

I fear if Johnny develops into a sensitive new age guy or a beta to Kleese, the show will lose its rich source of humour.

But I think the writers are probably smart enough to realise this, and sort this out pretty early.

axl rose

Bench

I fear if Johnny develops into a sensitive new age guy or a beta to Kleese, the show will lose its rich source of humour.

I'm not even sure what I want from season 2. You are right the balance may be difficult with Kleese there. Obviously, Johnny vs Daniel matchup is coming and a few kids switching allegiance from Cobra Kai to Miyagi-do should be interesting, if only for Johnnys ridiculous overreactions. As long as they maintain the shows humour, cheesiness and more of Johnnys boot camp I'd be happy...

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
Ok just to confirm...

This is John Kreese:
Karate-Kid-BadSensei-1-600x400_400x400.jpg

And this is John Cleese:

2053902883_f24c309697.jpg

axl rose

Bench
Season 2 is up and running you sons of bitches

Strike first

Strike hard

No merkins

Done. Initital thoughts that it wasn't quite as good as season 1. There were far more Saved By the Bell like soapy theatrics from the teens then I remember from the first season. On the postive side Johnny is as funny as ever as he tries to make sense of a modern day world full of technology and SJWs.

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
Done. Initital thoughts that it wasn't quite as good as season 1. There were far more Saved By the Bell like soapy theatrics from the teens then I remember from the first season. On the postive side Johnny is as funny as ever as he tries to make sense of a modern day world full of technology and SJWs.
yeah, it's not grabbing me like season 1 did, that being said i'm trying to not watch too much of it until the weekend, only watched 2 eps so far.

Johnny again appears to be the stand-out, he's even more conflicted with Kreese around - trying not to like him but wanting to impress him at the same time. Like season 1 he can always be depended upon for the lols

axl rose

Bench
yeah, it's not grabbing me like season 1 did, that being said i'm trying to not watch too much of it until the weekend, only watched 2 eps so far.
It does ramp up mid season. Season 1 built to its fights better though. Here it felt like Road House, everyone was just kicking the shit out of each other.

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Just got around to this, loved it. The cornyness just works. Glad they ignored the rubbish sequels for the storyline