What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: American footy thread

Eelementary

Post Whore
For a team that seemed on their way up a couple of years ago they really seem to be shooting themselves in the foot.
What is Gruden’s plan? You’d like to think he knows what he’s doing but it’s hard to see.

Gruden wants to "bring tough football" back.

Never mind skill - it's all about attitude, to him.

To be frank, he is out of touch with the game...

jk13

First Grade
Deebo looks great, Hurd is very interesting, maybe slated to become no. 2 TE eventually, but good to have a tall freak with good hands

T.S Quint

Coach
Deebo looks great, Hurd is very interesting, maybe slated to become no. 2 TE eventually, but good to have a tall freak with good hands

I would have thought we were covered for TE with Kittle and Celek. It is good to finally get some size in the WR position. Hurd started out as a RB, so he has had quite an interesting development.
Happy with Deebo as well. I assumed they would go for a DB in the third round as our secondary was trash last season, but we can still pick up someone later in the draft.

T.S Quint

Coach
Haha Aussie punter, Super Bowl bound now

A bit early to take him in the 4th round. Would have liked someone to help our secondary or linebacker core. He looks a top punter though and having a good one of those will definitely make a difference in games.

Kornstar

Coach
Andrew Luck retired today, at 29. I don’t know if I’ll be able to come back from this.......devastated........

Kornstar

Coach
Best QB in game imo. In 12 mths he will change mimd and come back I reckon.

I hope you are right......this has just capped off what has been a pretty shitty week for me.......this week can now f**k off and die of aids!

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
Andrew Luck retired today, at 29. I don’t know if I’ll be able to come back from this.......devastated........

I just heard this. Bit of a shock, despite his recent injury woes.
Such a shame the bloke never had the team around him to win a Super Bowl. Absolute superstar QB who had a shitty o-line and too many injuries.

Looks like a very high draft pick for Indy in 2020.

Gronk

Staff member
Watch Hardknocks -Oakland Raiders. Interesting series on ESPN about their preseason. New episode weekly. :thumbsup:

Kornstar

Coach
I just heard this. Bit of a shock, despite his recent injury woes.
Such a shame the bloke never had the team around him to win a Super Bowl. Absolute superstar QB who had a shitty o-line and too many injuries.

Looks like a very high draft pick for Indy in 2020.

We finally had the team to begin to challenge.......i will never get over this........you know how hard it is to find a true franchise QB, we had one and now we don't........no-one knows when the next one will come along!

I was prepared to potentially have a let down season (the pessimistic in me does that) because of all the hype but i was never prepared for Luck to retire at 29, never!

We finally had the team to begin to challenge.......i will never get over this........you know how hard it is to find a true franchise QB, we had one and now we don't........no-one knows when the next one will come along!

I was prepared to potentially have a let down season (the pessimistic in me does that) because of all the hype but i was never prepared for Luck to retire at 29, never!

Good luck to him. He's got enough $$, he's not well, and the dumbass local fans can reap what they have sown.

Kornstar

Coach
Good luck to him. He's got enough $$, he's not well, and the dumbass local fans can reap what they have sown.

I don't hold any animosity towards him for the record, but i can still be shattered over it at the same time.

The mismanagement through his first 5 years have led to this, refusing to upgrade protection for him and persisting with a terrible coach and GM essentially caused this.

His future was bright going forward but the fact he was broken early and the fact he is super smart and has always had other priorities over football means he has a great future regardless of football and has already made a shit load of money to not have to worry ever again.

The NFL lost a talent, he will be fine.

T.S Quint

Coach

Awful timing as well with the season only a few weeks away. It’s one of those things where you understand that he would have wanted to play this year but didn’t really understand that he couldn’t until now...but it still hurts that he’s left it this late.

T.S Quint

Coach
I don't hold any animosity towards him for the record, but i can still be shattered over it at the same time.

The mismanagement through his first 5 years have led to this, refusing to upgrade protection for him and persisting with a terrible coach and GM essentially caused this.

His future was bright going forward but the fact he was broken early and the fact he is super smart and has always had other priorities over football means he has a great future regardless of football and has already made a shit load of money to not have to worry ever again.

The NFL lost a talent, he will be fine.

He could become a coach at some stage. He has a very good brain and could work with a lot of young QBs.

Kornstar

Coach
Awful timing as well with the season only a few weeks away. It’s one of those things where you understand that he would have wanted to play this year but didn’t really understand that he couldn’t until now...but it still hurts that he’s left it this late.

He could become a coach at some stage. He has a very good brain and could work with a lot of young QBs.

His reason is very sound and clearly made by someone who's life is not just about football. 4 years of injury, pain and rehab was too much and i think mentally he just couldn't live that life anymore. I am not concerned about the timing, he hadn't practiced this year so the back up QB was always taking first team reps so he was never putting them behind.

He is a different type of person, it would not surprise me at all if you never hear about Andrew Luck every again, if you are someone who follows football of course.

Going to be a very interesting year for the Colts that's for sure.