What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Panthers vs Rabbitohs: Friday 26th April 7:35pm @Panthers Stadium

Go Bunnies

Juniors
No, id go back to the rotation as it was with turner on the bench to cover backline injurys, i admit gagai looks better on the wing but i feel burns needs an experienced partner out there and gags is it,i also feel allen should stay were he is,the more first grade he gets,the better he will get, in preparation for his eventual transition to FB, if that ever happens now. The reason allen left the donkeys was that he was stuck behind darius, if he is stuck behind AJ and not in 1st grade he will leave.
I’m not sure about Allen. Too slow for wing or fullback. And seems afraid to catch the ball unless it is an easy catch. Maybe better suited to centre or 2nd row. And definitely not the next Ponga

Travitoh

First Grade
I’m not sure about Allen. Too slow for wing or fullback. And seems afraid to catch the ball unless it is an easy catch. Maybe better suited to centre or 2nd row. And definitely not the next Ponga

Agree with this. Last week against Canterbury he got into space and looked like he ran in slow motion. Doesn't seem to have the footwork to compensate a lack of pace either.

Don't wanna be that guy but I'm not convinced he'll make it at NRL level.

handyman2190

Bench
Agree with this. Last week against Canterbury he got into space and looked like he ran in slow motion. Doesn't seem to have the footwork to compensate a lack of pace either.

I agree i think he should have scored he was that far ahead, he may be a little slow, but he must have some talent, he was picked from reserves for prime ministers 13 for a reason, he may be better at centre but who takes the wing,maybe he swops with gags,im open to that

Mr Spock!

Referee
Yeah that was surprising.
On the Brisbane highlights reel he seemed a lot faster than what he's shown.

Maybe he's bulked up.

ThingFish

Juniors

Must agree I’ve been disappointed by Allen’s impact as well. But I actually thought he looked very good in the clear, running style was very GI like, and the step to get in the clear was very good. But the reason he looked like he was in slow motion was because he was run down by Reimis Smith, a guy they’ve clocked faster than Ado-Carr and James Roberts. Smith, Ado-Carr, Roberts and Xerri are thought to be the current fastest four in the NRL. I’d love to see a race to decide the order. I don’t think even AJ would have scored that try.

Crowe

Juniors
Yeah that was surprising.
On the Brisbane highlights reel he seemed a lot faster than what he's shown.

Maybe he's bulked up.

In the clip Allen was up against QLD cup players wasn’t he?
There was a reason he was let go by the Broncos.
I think he’s a limited player, he doesn’t look like he has much footwork or a tackle breaker.
He looks like he has good acceleration though over 40m.

In the clip Allen was up against QLD cup players wasn’t he?
There was a reason he was let go by the Broncos.
I think he’s a limited player, he doesn’t look like he has much footwork or a tackle breaker.
He looks like he has good acceleration though over 40m.
He was not let go the Bronocs they wanted to resign him but he decided on a new chalange in Sydney. I’ll wait till I see him at FB before I make judgement on him.
He will have to wait for AJ to get a injury. Hope that don’t happen as I think AJ is playing great. That one on one against kikau shows how well he’s going to put his body on the line like that. It’s what we have all been calling for.

assess5

Juniors
He was not let go the Bronocs they wanted to resign him but he decided on a new chalange in Sydney. I’ll wait till I see him at FB before I make judgement on him.
He will have to wait for AJ to get a injury. Hope that don’t happen as I think AJ is playing great. That one on one against kikau shows how well he’s going to put his body on the line like that. It’s what we have all been calling for.

I agree, I have repeatedly screamed that Johnston can't tackle one on one and I have to say he carried out a great tackle, try saving, on Kikau.
Lets hope there are more to come.

Travitoh

First Grade
I agree, I have repeatedly screamed that Johnston can't tackle one on one and I have to say he carried out a great tackle, try saving, on Kikau.
Lets hope there are more to come.

AJ seems much improved defensively this season so far compared to last.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
The Broncos don’t usually lose local players that they want to keep. Even with their injuries last year he was never called up to first grade. Think he’s solid but not the superstar he was hyped to be.

Robbie 12

Juniors
I think Reynolds played very well in this game, but....

He really needs to practice his goal kicking, really need to turn those 4s to 6s,

it will really be important in those crunch games coming up this year

ThingFish

Juniors
RUMOUR: it’s not a Souths rumour but it could affect us next week. Apparently the Warriors have made a play for Nikorema and it could actually happen by next round. So Nikorema could be a Warrior next round not a Bronco.

Cheap Charlie

Juniors
I think Reynolds played very well in this game, but....

He really needs to practice his goal kicking, really need to turn those 4s to 6s,

it will really be important in those crunch games coming up this year
I reckon Reynolds practices his arse off. He doesn’t need us lot to tell him.

A bit of a black art, kicking the footy.

General play downtown punts, chips and grubbers are a different dynamic than place kicks and drop kicks.

Reynolds’ goal kicking hasn’t been the same since Graham wiped him out in 2015. He’s also carrying more recent injuries (ankle?).

Still an outstanding player, and pound-for-pound one of the toughest players in the game.

assess5

Juniors
AJ seems much improved defensively this season so far compared to last.
Maybe Bennett's teaching him. I've noticed that three times now, when he has tackled front on, he has actually pulled the attacking guy over, on top of himself, and twice its resulted in trys.
He needs to get his shoulder and drive it into the opposing guy, that is the attacking guy and slam his (Johnston's) shoulder into his balls.

That's a show stopper right there.

Better than pulling someone over on top of you as well.

Latest posts