What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Reed Mahoney Appreciation Thread

strider

Post Whore
You do realise that every opposition forward, every week, will be running at him for the rest of his career. Would you prefer he holds the door open for them
not sure what you think im trying to say ... hehe .... i just think we really need to consider playing with a legit replacement dummy half option on the bench and rest him a bit

T.S Quint

Coach
not sure what you think im trying to say ... hehe .... i just think we really need to consider playing with a legit replacement dummy half option on the bench and rest him a bit
I think we should expect the rest of the team to not play as poorly as they did in that first 30 minutes, so he doesn’t need to be making that many tackles.

I agree with both of these.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Is Kaysa coming back this year or gonksi?

Would be perfect IMO coming off the bench playing 15-20min per match, and Reed would be more of a gun fresher playing less minutes, but down the track as he matures I think Reed will be fine playing the 80 without any hiccups

Gronk

Staff member
Is Kaysa coming back this year or gonksi?

Would be perfect IMO coming off the bench playing 15-20min per match, and Reed would be more of a gun fresher playing less minutes, but down the track as he matures I think Reed will be fine playing the 80 without any hiccups
I think MJC said that he won't be back.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Little merkin will be sore today!

He was trying to inspire his team by working his backside off in D. If some of the other forwards in the team had the same ethic earlier in the game the result might have been different.

T.S Quint

Coach
Probably Will Smith best option?

tenor.gif

Djay

Juniors
Exactly, we didn’t aim up. No one should be making 67 tackles in a game unless you are playing shit.
Our lack of respect for the ball when we are up against it and defending more then we should be doesn't help at all.

He shouldn't have to be drained making nearly 70 tackles a game.

I think we all forget but it took us nearly 32 mins yesterday to get into the Knights red zone, how on earth are you meant to contest like that?!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Exactly, we didn’t aim up. No one should be making 67 tackles in a game unless you are playing shit.
He's in the team to work his arse off (as are Moeroa and Alvaro) so some others don't have to.

Attempted tackles per minute yesterday (minutes played in parenthenensen):

1.00 Stone (16)
0.93 Mannah (27)
0.91 Mahoney (80)
0.89 Moeroa (45)
0.89 Terepo (38)
0.64 Ma'u (42)
0.57 Kaufusi (28)
0.53 Paulo (43)

By comparison:

0.48 Klemmer (65)

And Junior Paulo, last week:

0.36 Paulo (67)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's in the team to work his arse off (as are Moeroa and Alvaro) so some others don't have to.

Attempted tackles per minute yesterday (minutes played in parenthenensen):

1.00 Stone (16)
0.93 Mannah (27)
0.91 Mahoney (80)
0.89 Moeroa (45)
0.89 Terepo (38)
0.64 Ma'u (42)
0.57 Kaufusi (28)
0.53 Paulo (43)

By comparison:

0.48 Klemmer (65)

And Junior Paulo, last week:

0.36 Paulo (67)
So those stats kinda prove my point, we were junk and didn’t aim up and had to do a shitload of defence. What would we do without you Pou??

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ive read on FB that Paulo was unwell on Saturday at a fan signing event. Makes sense given his lethargy and reduced minutes. Maybe playing 2 significant team members ill or carrying injury was a mistake in hindsight.

T-Boon

Coach

If this is true I find it strange to say the least.
I understand Moeroa being a work horse because the average first grade middle bacon is easy to cover and replace because every club seems to have numerous. However, competent dummy halves are few and far between as I would argue we have discovered over the last decade.
Having Mahoney for the first seven rounds of the premiership seems to have already made us forget how bad service from the dummy half can really mess with your season. That shows how good he is at this job. Its like having a great wicket keeper, when they are great you just forget about the difficulty of the job, then you have Matthew Wade/Matt Keating/Will Smith to remind you.
In addition to be being an excellent dummy half passer he seems to know when to run and support. He also comes up with plays when there is loose ball around.
He is an excellent attacking dummy half. The best one we have had since I don't know when.
If he gets knocked out making his 50th tackle and Smith needs to come into the role full time we are not going to be happy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So those stats kinda prove my point, we were junk and didn’t aim up and had to do a shitload of defence. What would we do without you Pou??
Your point was obvious to the point of irrelevance. So I took the opportunity to expand on your useless point to shed light on the roles of our middle forwards relative to each other.

It illustrates that we need plodders like Alvaro, Moeroa and Mannah to carry players like Paulo. A pack full of forwards like him would kill us. In fact I doubt we could carry more than two in the 17.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Your point was obvious to the point of irrelevance. So I took the opportunity to expand on your useless point to shed light on the roles of our middle forwards relative to each other.

It illustrates that we need plodders like Alvaro, Moeroa and Mannah to carry players like Paulo. A pack full of forwards like him would kill us. In fact I doubt we could carry more than two in the 17.
So we need workers and attacking forwards???

Absolute genius as I said I don’t know what we’d do without you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tell it to the bloke who thinks we need four Junior Paulos on the field at the same time. After all, it's working so well for the Broncos.

Latest posts