What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darius Boyd Game 300 Tribute Video

Hutty1986

Immortal
This is great haha.

I'll admit he was excellent for us in 09, 10 and the first half of 11 when our team was pretty dominant. By all accounts he turned into even more of a lazy, disinterested merkin at newie, and of course some of his "efforts" this year have been embarrassing.

Origin stats well and truly padded by being on the end of that unstoppable qlderp backline, and of course playing some of the weakest nsw sides ever assembled. A truly amazing highlight reel of getting the ball 5-10m out and strolling over the line, followed by kicking the ball into the crowd and celebrating like he'd just beaten 8 blokes on a 80m run to the try line!

wibble

Bench
As much as I have been entertained by Boyd and his unwillingness to remotely contact opponents in a contact sport, it really is rather sad. He has always made himself/been a target of scorn, and I genuinely don't think he knows why, because he has been an outstanding player through parts of his career.

To see how poor he is now, this video summed up both how funny and how tragic it is.

Last edited:

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Maybe he has succumed to the dreaded Langlands syndrome.

Quick! Someone go out and buy him some white boots.

King hit

Coach
He was quite good in his prime but I can’t help he has been carried a lot throughout his club career and would his origin stats look remotely as good as it is without Inglis serving him tries on a platter.

beave

Coach
i made up a pic collage in his honour

91d81aae3feed488b344554b67f3c55e

images

images

images

DeeJ

Bench
That's an incredible number of misses from not even halfway through a season. You could also include more hands up in the air from recent seasons, and sideways crabbing from when he started.

They already commissioned the idea for the Boyd statue when he retires, in his signature pose:

1385490094579.jpg

simmo05

Bench
That's an incredible number of misses from not even halfway through a season. You could also include more hands up in the air from recent seasons, and sideways crabbing from when he started.

They already commissioned the idea for the Boyd statue when he retires, in his signature pose:

1385490094579.jpg
Looks like a bust of dugan!

Maybe he has succumed to the dreaded Langlands syndrome.

Quick! Someone go out and buy him some white boots.

I would not compare Boyd to Langlands. Langlands problem was never lack of heart. His problem in the 1975 Grand Final was a pain killing injection at half time which hit the nerve and deadened his leg so he could not run. He tried to play on in 1976 as he did not want to go out on the memory of how he performed in the 1975 Grand Final but injuries early in the season cruelled him so he retired mid-season.

By comparison, Boyd is a pea heart.

Latest posts