What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: Parramatta v Dragons LIVE GAME DAY thread May 5th 2019

Noise

Coach
What about on a kick off, and the person catching the ball place a foot on the line and touches/catches the ball? Different again?

Yep different again. If they have a foot dead in goal and catch it from a kick off it is out on the full

IFR33K

Coach
I enjoy winning. I wont get carried away signing everyone up including coach after a few wins however. I will break the wins and losses down using facts. I then will decide. Certain players individualy where just as good this week as last week. And so far this season the coach hasn't been able to get the team to perform week in week out. Bar rnd 1 and 2 we seem to go win loss win loss.

So we’ve beaten one of the favourites (panthers) yet you made excuses for them and dismissed our first round effort. We in round 3 gave the roosters, the shortest of favourites, a real run for their money, even leading with 15-20 to go. We def shot ourselves in the foot that game, to lose it. We’ve since beaten the sharks, tigers and dragons. Our other losses since the roosters have been to a red hot Canberra team in the capital. A game that we were clearly robbed a try with scores locked at 0-0. But hey, you like using excuses for other teams when we beat them, I’m sure you’ll dismiss this as an excuse. Our only shambles of a game I’d say was the Newcastle one. And that’s bound to happen to any team.

I like reading your posts, but recently your posts have been bordering poo’s Efforts :joy:

emjaycee

Coach
What about on a kick off, and the person catching the ball place a foot on the line and touches/catches the ball? Different again?

Does this explain it?
TOUCH AND TOUCH IN-GOAL
The ball is in touch when it or a player in contact with it touches the touch line or the ground beyond the touch line or any object on or outside the touch line except when a player, tackled in the field of play, on rising steps into touch as he regains his feet in which case he shall play-the-ball in the field of play. The ball is in touch if a player jumps from touch and while off the ground touches the ball. The ball is not in touch if during flight it crosses the touch line but is knocked back by a player who is off the ground after jumping from the field of play.
THE KICK OFF AND DROP-OUT
A player who kicks off or drops-out shall be penalised if he:– (a) advances in front of the appropriate line before kicking the ball. (b) kicks the ball on the full over the touch line, touch in-goal, or over the dead ball line.

EelsFan05

Bench
Ma’u’s’ defensive work rate is nowhere near as good, plus he lacks Moeroa’s height and wingspan.
Moeroa's was more than ok yesterday. His charges when he came back on in the second half were great and resulted in a few quick play the balls. He was one of a few that thought kick chases were mandatory not optional and should have grabbed himself a meat pie.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Ma’u’s’ defensive work rate is nowhere near as good, plus he lacks Moeroa’s height and wingspan.
I know you go off Champion Data but NRL stats have:

Moeroa: 50 minutes and 26 tackles for a work rate of 0.52 tackles per minute
Mau: 47 minutes and 23 tackles for a work rate of 0.49 tackles per minute.

Whilst Tep has the height advantage (and probably wingspan) he certainly doesn’t use it to his advantage as he is our worst wrestler by some margin. He is often left lying on the ground during a tackle and unable to get to an effective marker position.

The fact he has been penalised 6 times already suggests this might be the case.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Parramatta Eels forward Tepai Moeroa has been charged by the NRL Match Review committee following the Club’s Round Eight victory over the St. George Illawarra Dragons at Bankwest Stadium on Sunday 5 May.

Moeroa was charged with Grade One Dangerous Contact – Other following a tackle in the 12th minute of the clash involving Dragons five-eighth Corey Norman.

Moeroa’s charge has a base penalty of 100 points for the offence with 90 for an early guilty plea and 120 if found guilty from this charge.

With one (1) prior non-similar offence in the last two years (20% loading), Moeroa has 5 carry-over points to be added.

With an early guilty plea, Moeroa will still be available for selection for the Eels upcoming Round Nine clash against the Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane on Saturday 11 May in the NRL’s Magic Round.

The Club has until 12pm Tuesday to respond to the charge.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2...MkDqrDquSSzxct0KaTpf1n_uPBVvFKEqM-eSV9gHUDO44