What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Reed Mahoney Appreciation Thread

emjaycee

Coach
Wow their verdict :eek:

NRL.com hooker verdict: Hunt starting, with Mahoney or Mbye on the bench.

Wow is it possible that a kid who has 12 NRL games exp getting the gig ? Old mate Laurie Daley said that to get an origin jumper you had to have semi final experience etc.
Tell me how well Laurie's "semi-final experienced only" teams went again?

emjaycee

Coach
I happened to be listening to one of the AM stations in the car last night during their sports talk program... Can't remember what station it was, but hosts were Mieke Buchan and some other dude I'd never heard of.... Anyway, they crossed to Brisbane to talk to their QLD League Expert about the upcoming Magic Round.... Then talk turned to Origin and how McCullough went down injured at training this week. One of the hosts asked this guy if they thought Reed Mahoney was any chance of a call up.... And this so called League Expert goes, "I don't think so. He's playing reserve grade so he's no chance really" or words to that effect. The hosts corrected him and said that he had been in first grade since Round 1 for the Eels... He then says, "Oh, has he? I haven't really seen them play so I don't know much about him".... FMD. How do these merkins get their jobs?? FFS

Although the bit I bolded is probably an oxymoron, he is only an 'expert' on Queensland teams and we haven't played any of them this year so how can he be expected to know how Reed is going?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Although the bit I bolded is probably an oxymoron, he is only an 'expert' on Queensland teams and we haven't played any of them this year so how can he be expected to know how Reed is going?
99% of QLDers wouldn’t even know who he is.

They only watch QLD teams up here or Storm games but with only a couple left that is probably lessening. One eyed Mongs most of them.

Incorrect

Coach
I would expect someone who is employed to talk about rugby league, even if they are based in QLD, to have a breadth of knowledge beyond the 3 QLD teams and the opposition they have played thus far.... If you're a league expert based in QLD and the Sunday free to air game is Eels V Dragons like it was last weekend, you'd tune in wouldn't you? Even if neither side is from QLD??

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
I would expect someone who is employed to talk about rugby league, even if they are based in QLD, to have a breadth of knowledge beyond the 3 QLD teams and the opposition they have played thus far.... If you're a league expert based in QLD and the Sunday free to air game is Eels V Dragons like it was last weekend, you'd tune in wouldn't you? Even if neither side is from QLD??

They aren't the smartest tools in the shed those Queenslanders.

I reckon they have stopped watching or caring this year with there beloved broncos down the bottom something they aren't used to.

Then you have the Titans who are crap as usual.

And the cowboys who are just hanging in but not really threatening at the same time

Happy MEel

First Grade
They aren't the smartest tools in the shed those Queenslanders.

I reckon they have stopped watching or caring this year with there beloved broncos down the bottom something they aren't used to.

Then you have the Titans who are crap as usual.

And the cowboys who are just hanging in but not really threatening at the same time
...and an origin team that realistically should get clean swept.

Noise

Coach

What about Ruan Sims? She's only an expert on Fijian players

Latest posts